over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Controlling Blood sugar while taking HGH

I know this an old thread but im actually starting HGH and wanted to see how to combat insulin sensitivity. Whats the best way and how much to take metformin? Is 500 enough for lets say 4iu oh GH per day? Can nightime only be ok for the metformin?

I wouldn't touch metformin until you know you need it. It may or may not have positive effects on muscle growth/body comp, but it can have side effects as with any potent medication.

Generally, steady state cardio / being lean / being muscular will all greatly enhance insulin sensitivity.

Taking the GH in the AM will reduce insulin sensitivity since you will be spiking insulin every time you eat during the day more than if you took it in the PM. Taking it three times per week, especially at night will further mitigate insulin sensitivity.

This isn't an issue for most guys/girls. Most won't have any issues up to 5 IU SQ AM daily, but if you are sedentary or have genetic predisposition to diabetes/hyperglycemia, you might see some issues. I have elevated fasting BG the first month or so on 4-5 IU on my first run which completely resolved itself without doing anything. I wasn't even doing that much cardio back then if any at the time.

Finally, some insulin resistance is an EXPECTED outcome of using HGH even at medical dosages sometimes. It does not always mean it's dangerous to your health or will increase your risk of diabetes. The insulin resistance might actually be one of the mechanism in the improvement in body composition. (less easy for the body to store extra calories/energy as fat).

I wouldn't touch metformin until you know you need it. It may or may not have positive effects on muscle growth/body comp, but it can have side effects as with any potent medication.

Generally, steady state cardio / being lean / being muscular will all greatly enhance insulin sensitivity.

Taking the GH in the AM will reduce insulin sensitivity since you will be spiking insulin every time you eat during the day more than if you took it in the PM. Taking it three times per week, especially at night will further mitigate insulin sensitivity.

This isn't an issue for most guys/girls. Most won't have any issues up to 5 IU SQ AM daily, but if you are sedentary or have genetic predisposition to diabetes/hyperglycemia, you might see some issues. I have elevated fasting BG the first month or so on 4-5 IU on my first run which completely resolved itself without doing anything. I wasn't even doing that much cardio back then if any at the time.

Finally, some insulin resistance is an EXPECTED outcome of using HGH even at medical dosages sometimes. It does not always mean it's dangerous to your health or will increase your risk of diabetes. The insulin resistance might actually be one of the mechanism in the improvement in body composition. (less easy for the body to store extra calories/energy as fat).
I have personally noticed that the best thing for insulin sensitivity is to take GH before training intramuscularly - I am not a scientist, but I explain it this way: by administering GH intramuscularly, it stays in the "circulation" for a shorter time, and the training itself will counteract the effect of increasing glucose because physical exercise lowers blood sugar.

I have personally noticed that the best thing for insulin sensitivity is to take GH before training intramuscularly - I am not a scientist, but I explain it this way: by administering GH intramuscularly, it stays in the "circulation" for a shorter time, and the training itself will counteract the effect of increasing glucose because physical exercise lowers blood sugar.

100%. Training is the opposite of eating. The body goes into glucose/glycogen burning mode versus storage mode (releasing insulin to store carbs, sugar, fat, etc).

4iu is a very small dose and you have absolutely no reason to worry about it

with doses up to 8-10iu, 90% of people do well without any support as long as they follow a clean diet, train hard and do cardio - above 10iu there is a probability that you will need to introduce GDA or metformin, etc.

All my blood glucose issues went away when I leaned up and started making better decisions with carb sources. It really was that simple for me. I also stopped shooting it multiple times a day, now it's one bolus before working out.

I do my dose pre wo am fasted and train fasted on aminos

Never had any bg issues

My morninh bg is 83

All my blood glucose issues went away when I leaned up and started making better decisions with carb sources. It really was that simple for me. I also stopped shooting it multiple times a day, now it's one bolus before working out.

Multi times daily works best with some insulin because you bypass the insulin resistance effect. Taking it multiple times daily means your body has to pump out a ton of it's own insulin to try and control blood glucose and get energy into your cells.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131