over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 OTC remedies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys for chiming in. It's much appreciated.
Is there any amount of supplementation that you three would agree with?
Say a few core supplements that you all feel have some efficacy that would
contribute/support a healthy immune system in working directly with Covid-19 (+)
patients?

The hygiene (wash your hands) and access to proper PPD...I got!

contribute/support a healthy immune system in working directly with Covid-19 (+)
patients?

I'm looking into Quercetin tomorrow. It may attenuate airway inflammation and may slow the progression of COPD.

Curcumin or anything that shows anti-inflammatory effects IMO.

patients?

To add, Vitamin C may also show promise.

Read this recent study: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533

24g per day.

To add, Vitamin C may also show promise.

Read this recent study: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533

24g per day.

12g IV infusion in 50ml/bid.
Damn, that's a hefty dose of Vit C!

I started Quercetin 500mg/day a few days ago.

You can argue about the usefulness of some of the mentioned supplements, but to suggest that they will put your immune system in overdrive and actually cause autoimmune disease or cytokine storm when infected with a virus is ridiculous.

I think you naysayers should listen to a lot of the doctors out there recommending several things. It seems pretty clear they are all recommending Zinc, D3, A, C, NAC, Selenium etc.

Here are cliffs notes...

You can argue about the usefulness of some of the mentioned supplements, but to suggest that they will put your immune system in overdrive and actually cause autoimmune disease or cytokine storm when infected with a virus is ridiculous.

Not sure if you were referring to me.

I used the autoimmune comment as sarcasm. I don't think mega dosing vitamin C is giving people any AI issues :)

patients?

I think what Stewie said about taking the same things you take year round should help.

Vit D, Fish/Krill Oil, Magnesium, and citrus bergamot is what I take year round.

I'm taking the same things I was prior...except I added in oral glutamine, which I do every year at this time of the flu season.

D3, Vit K, C, NAC, Fish Oil, Boron, Curcumin, berberine, citrus bergamot, astragalus, Horse Chestnut.

I take 1 capsule of TN's Sleep Aid at night with 400mg of Magnesium, along with 20mg of Telmisartan (almost out). Also take 20mg Atorvastatin M/W/F only.

40mg of Test EOD, Sub-Q. May add in 1-2iu HGH.

1 caffeine tab every morning instead of coffee, lol.

Personally, i'd concentrate on staying active, especially cardio activity to improve the lungs, as well as trying to keep a healthy weight. Keep a healthy diet with fruit and veges and good protein sources and fiber...with calorie control (dependant on goals of course).

I avoid going out, except for a quick run to walmart when they open (assuming they were cleaning all night) and with less bodies in the building. Costco visits have been limited, but I still have to hit them up once every or EO week. I get in my car and drive a few times per week, so occasionally some gas, which I have gloves in my car to use. Maybe a drive-thru here and there once per week or every other week.

I'd cut out smoking as well. ( I don't smoke, but just saying)

Personally, i'm for wearing masks, though I don't have any. Once they become more abundant and don't compete with medical staff use, i'm getting some.

Sorry, went off topic....Not all of the above I use all year long. Some I just bought because i'm home fukking bored and just spending effin' money....I need to hit up the PM Store though!!! lol

Those that use a garlic supplement, could you recommend a brand?

ROS has an important role in slowing the progression down of viral replication. In contrast, the viral load can lay down a tremendous amount of ROS. By banging boatloads of antioxidants there's a potential you're tilting the balance of friendly amounts of ROS by taking larger doses of antioxidants than necessary.

I'm not suggesting not to take appropriate steps to get in sufficient amounts of food sources of antioxidants or a couple of supplements here and there. But being overly anal about munching down shit loads of antioxidants.

Hey, be my guest.

I am a large believer in an elite immune system thru gut health because i feel it sets the whole correct immune process in motion. So mainly probiotics and yeast "pro biotics" such as Sacch Boulardii) I too worry about autoimmune problems with some supplements that super charge the immune system from outside of "gut health" ...and yes its just theoretical but alot of people on this board know i used to experiment years back with Beta Glucans to some extent....that compound was unbelievable....I couldn't catch a cold/flu anything during its usage. The problem is (personally) I started experiencing some side effects with longer term usage of it....to the point I developed a pretty serious autoimmune disorder/antibody proven (thyroid) 7 years ago (out of nowhere) which upon cessation of its use.....has never resurfaced. Not 100% proof but my intuition of that situation and other side effects I was having until ending that compounds use...lead me to a certain notion that sometimes you have to let the human body set its regulatory process. So much good, maybe too good https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17895634

I am a large believer in an elite immune system thru gut health because i feel it sets the whole correct immune process in motion. So mainly probiotics and yeast "pro biotics" such as Sacch Boulardii) I too worry about autoimmune problems with some supplements that super charge the immune system from outside of "gut health" ...and yes its just theoretical but alot of people on this board know i used to experiment years back with Beta Glucans to some extent....that compound was unbelievable....I couldn't catch a cold/flu anything during its usage. The problem is (personally) I started experiencing some side effects with longer term usage of it....to the point I developed a pretty serious autoimmune disorder/antibody proven (thyroid) 7 years ago (out of nowhere) which upon cessation of its use.....has never resurfaced. Not 100% proof but my intuition of that situation and other side effects I was having until ending that compounds use...lead me to a certain notion that sometimes you have to let the human body set its regulatory process. So much good, maybe too good https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17895634

Precisely why I have never used Beta Glucans..because of your experience. I also pumped the breaks before ever trying Quercetin, SOD, Pterostilbene, and Resveratrol. The last two I will probably rotate in-in the future...and I occasionally take Astaxanthin as of late. I have used this idea and strayed from my original thinking of taking every powerful anti oxidant under the sun all the time.
I believe in the same podcast I posted above, the Dr. talks about taking anti-oxidants and them inducing a cytokine storm is basically a farce...or maybe it was Coast 2 Coast AM I was listening to last night...but whomever it was amounted it to throwing a cup of water in a lake.. They'd be able to help you perhaps but highly improbable to be able to hurt you.

Bourbon kills viruses. Makers Mark will make any virus run like Forrest Gump.

I've went the opposite direction as many here. I went OFF everything...every single supplement I was taking about 3 weeks ago. Only taking 10mg test every other day. Before this I believe I was quite over- trained, nevertheless, I haven't felt this good (ie healthy) in a long time. My skin is clearer than its ever been. No headaches, energy is steady throughout the day. Im fasting 16-18 hours ed. I alternate days of 3am sprints and super-setted bw squats/pushups/pull ups/sit ups. I've reduced my supplement usage over the years but this has been eye opening to a degree as I feel noticeably better. I have also massively increased my fruit and veggie consumption while dropping all processed and/or grain type carbs. Protein is still relatively high. This is my first extended break from heavy training in 20 years so that certainly plays in to all this but although I've most certainly lost size and strength, this has been an interesting experience.

Now, I'm not dumping on supplements as they have a place but once bodybuilding life resumes, my monthly bill will drop considerably.

All that said, once the gyms open back up...... it's time to Casey Viator this bitch and transform Colorado experiment style 😁

I think what Stewie said about taking the same things you take year round should help.

Vit D, Fish/Krill Oil, Magnesium, and citrus bergamot is what I take year round.

I totally agree. I think many supplements can be extremely useful. We all have different genetics so we should use things that suit us individually. I personally tend to go the cholesterol and blood pressure route as they are the 2 areas I have to monitor. However, there is a short list of supplements that should benefit most on this forum and ideally one would be taking them all year regardless of the virus. I use what you use and I think nearly everyone on this forum who uses supplements uses the same so it's not hard to find information on here. Obviously some use a few and others go way overboard but most of us use similar core supplments (vit d3, fish oil, citrus bergamot, curcumin, garlic etc). The only difference I have made to my supplement because of the virus is upping my vitamin c intake. I do that at times anyway (was on 5g in Nov-Dec) but I figured go back up to 5g per day as it won't hurt. I wouldn't have gone out to buy more vitamin c but I had a big tub of it so I am gtg :D

I've went the opposite direction as many here. I went OFF everything...every single supplement I was taking about 3 weeks ago. Only taking 10mg test every other day. Before this I believe I was quite over- trained, nevertheless, I haven't felt this good (ie healthy) in a long time. My skin is clearer than its ever been. No headaches, energy is steady throughout the day. Im fasting 16-18 hours ed. I alternate days of 3am sprints and super-setted bw squats/pushups/pull ups/sit ups. I've reduced my supplement usage over the years but this has been eye opening to a degree as I feel noticeably better. I have also massively increased my fruit and veggie consumption while dropping all processed and/or grain type carbs. Protein is still relatively high. This is my first extended break from heavy training in 20 years so that certainly plays in to all this but although I've most certainly lost size and strength, this has been an interesting experience.

Now, I'm not dumping on supplements as they have a place but once bodybuilding life resumes, my monthly bill will drop considerably.

All that said, once the gyms open back up...... it's time to Casey Viator this bitch and transform Colorado experiment style 😁

Great post but I highly doubt you dropping all your supplements is the reason you feel much better. Obviously you know that and it's because of the many changes you have made. Although if you were taking a boatload of supplements that could be true. Or perhaps taking certain ones that can effect brain chemistry or become toxic in high amounts. But I am sure the change in your diet (massively increased fruit and veg whilst dropping all processed carbs) would be the main reason for the way you feel. Well that and having a break from training as sometimes having a break from hard lifting (especially if overtrained) is the best thing you can do for your mind and body. You also dropped your dose as well which definitely comesinto play (the higher I dose the worse I tend to feel). Even a drop in size/weight could be another factor in feeling better. Sometimes guys even dropping just 10 pounds makes a massive difference to their well being and energy/vitality. I just noticed you are fasting as well which could be a big factor. Regardless it sounds like you have made some great changes and are on a better path now. You literally changed everything so good on you. I am not for one second stating you should add any supplements back in because quite frankly if you eat healthy and drop weight and do cardio you probably don't need any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member