advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

creatine kinase total elevated. anyone else?

bm2611

Registered
I had blood done last month and my creatine kinase total was 1021 u/L. There was maybe one intramuscular shot done a couple days before I cant remember exactly but maybe 2 or 3 days before. As well as that month I was doing sub-q hcg which I don't believe effects it. Now this month got bloodwork back again and ck total is 494 U/L. No shots done prior at all. anyone else have a problem with creatine kinase on bloodowork with or without prior IM shots?

For me, it was nothing to do with shots or being "on" or "off." For years, I wondered why mine was coming back high. Now I know, if I don't work out all weekend and get tested on Monday before I workout, it will be normal. Energy comes from ATP or glucose. When you lift, you use ATP for the fast intense energy. During the week when training, you're training your body to expect to need energy from ATP. Your body begins to expect it, hence the high creatine and/or BUN levels. You are essentially always ready for "fight or flight." this is natural in people who lift and will happen on or off. Take a couple of days off and your levels should be normal. If in the future you check while lifting, it may seem high but it's just your body adapting. To be safe, check again after time off from lifting (I am not a Dr. This is not advice, just my personal observation).

Last year mine came back hi. Doc asked if I am working hard or training hard and it was both. I was off cycle. I have never seen it on cycle. It was normal 2 weeks later.

CK will be elevated from weight training (as well as other reasons: heart attack, rhabdomyolysis, etc). In your case I would say that it is due to your training (seeing as how you are posting on this site). Additionally, 1000 IU isn't really all that high. Studies have shown elevated CK in untrained subjects as high as 30,000 IU/L following an acute eccentric exercise bout (usually, peak concentration is seen between 4-7 days following exercise). Furthermore, there is a lot of individual subject variability for CK response (some people have dramatic increases from exercises, others experience small increases). Lastly, this subject variability applies to baseline CK concentration as well (some have higher sedentary CK levels than others)... I don't think you have any reason to worry, but I'm not a doctor.

frank is right about this we body buliders have more muscel mass so their for we will have higher creatin levals.I have had blood work done for three years now, twice to three times a year it always came back higher than norm. I read that if you stop taking creatin for a week and stop working out a few days your levals would be norm. I did not work out for a week did not take any supps. and my blood work was norm.

when you lift, you tear muscle. this releases ck into the blood. it's not a problem unless you are obese & no active with cv disease or diabetes.

thanks for all the responses everyone. Sometimes these drs starting talking and make you think oh shit. When in reality there is nothing wrong.

mine was over 68,000. spent 6days in the hospital getting fluids to start off Nov.
was told it was Rhabdomyolysis (to add i had dark red urine, myoglobin in urine, tell tale sign of rhabdo, also why the fuilds so that my kidneys would not get clogged with that shit). Took all of November away from everything, supps and gym.
Did not approach nomral till the week of thanksgiving. 1,000 is nothing, lol. they said in the ER that a workout with weights/cardio can bring levels to 600ish.

mine was over 68,000. spent 6days in the hospital getting fluids to start off Nov.
was told it was Rhabdomyolysis (to add i had dark red urine, myoglobin in urine, tell tale sign of rhabdo, also why the fuilds so that my kidneys would not get clogged with that shit). Took all of November away from everything, supps and gym.
Did not approach nomral till the week of thanksgiving. 1,000 is nothing, lol. they said in the ER that a workout with weights/cardio can bring levels to 600ish.

Same here, I was at 13,800 in 2010, and spent 3 days in the hospital. I thought I was having a heart attack. Come tofind out I was on Antibiotics for several months for a sinus infection that would not go away, and the antibiotics will cause the enzyme to go up, and muscle tissue will not repair when its high.

I left he hospital at 3000 and felt great, I was so much stronger after just a few days .

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear