over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creatinol-Phosphate for ATP

718si

Banned
TheWeakMusclePanacea?

By Patrick Arnold

My blog was never intended to be a forum for which to discuss (promote?) products that I sell, but this week I am going to make an exception because I think the subject matter is quite interesting nonetheless. I know it may sound a bit like sales promo piece (at the end especially) – and it kind of is – but since what I am discussing here is something truly remarkable and not the typical crap you usually see I don’t feel so guilty about it

The product is Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP) . No, this is NOT creatine I am talking about, it is a completely different chemical compound. Anyway, I ran across the literature on COP about 8 years ago and was quite impressed. It is very well studied and its effects, as well as safety, on humans is quite well documented. COP has been a drug in Italy for several decades where it is generally prescribed to strengthen the heart muscle in patients with coronary diseases. In addition to its positive effects on heart muscle, COP has also been shown to have quite significant influences on skeletal muscle as well –increasing both strength and endurance.

The mechanisms behind the actions of COP on muscle have been discussed in the literature but no clear indication of exactly how it works has been found. COP definitely increases levels of ATP in the muscle, and this may be due in part because of its actions as a intracellular buffer, a phosphate donor, or a stabilizer of cell membranes. Whatever the mechanisms are, the end result is that contractility (force of contraction) of muscles is increased – especially in hypoxic / ischemic (low oxygen, low blood flow) conditions.

Hypoxia / ischemia of heart muscle tissue is the core problem for patients with heart disease, and it is due to reduced blood supply and/or damaged and scarred muscle tissue. Hypoxia / ischemia is also extremely relevant to athletes who challenge their muscles with aggressive activities – such as weight lifting. Everytime you do a set and your muscles start to burn and you get weaker that is hypoxia /ischemia setting in. Lactic acid goes up, muscle pH drops, and ATP levels plummet. The result is muscle failure and a sort of cellular “rigor mortis”. This whole phenomenon also comes into play in the case of musculoskeletal injuries and aches and pains. Chronic heavy training leads to scar tissue build up which can impede blood flow and nerve transmission. Muscles ache more than they should, tighten up, and performance is compromised. This is low level constant hypoxia/ischemia as opposed to what happens at the end of a set (which is acute and transient), but the same priniciples lie at the heart of both.

So let me get back to my experiences with COP. My first experiences were with an injectable form which was modeled after what is sold in Italy (an oral form is sold there too but the injectable is more commonly prescribed.) This injectable form was used by many competitive and non-competitive athletes and the results were consistent and remarkable. Greater strength, recovery, and endurance were commonplace. And most striking were reports of rapid pain relief of chronic muscle pain and even some arthtitic type pain. For several people this effect was dramatic. All these effects were totally consistent with the purported anti-hyopxic/ischemic properties of COP on muscle. It was quite apparent that this stuff was the real deal.

This was all 7 or 8 years ago. Since then COP has appeared on the supplement market. Obviously it appeared in oral form and not the injectable form that the people I mentioned had been using. The companies that started selling COP I noticed were putting it in multi-ingredient formulas at doses way too low to be effective at all however. To date, nobody to my knowledge has ever put out a fully dosed effective COP product. You see, the injectable version required at least one gram a day to really work. And according to the literature, oral COP has 60% bioavailability. Consequently one probably needs at least 2 grams a day of oral COP to really begin to see its benefits.

I've been reading up on this supplement for a while. I've checked a few logs and users are reporting delayed muscle fatigue and and minimal lactic acid build up. Also people reporting a few extra reps. Sounds like something good

I've been reading up on this supplement for a while. I've checked a few logs and users are reporting delayed muscle fatigue and and minimal lactic acid build up. Also people reporting a few extra reps. Sounds like something good

Definitely a solid addition IMO. Combine it with some Citrilline Malate. Amazing pre workout stack.

I created an injectable form of this, because no matter how I prepared it, drinking the stuff completely blew my gut out. It's pretty awesome stuff if your stomach can tolerate it.

I've been using this, and the muscle endurance is amazing. The ideal dose is around 2-6g a day. Also you might get some stomach discomfort if you take too much at once. Therefore, its best to split up the dosage. I usually take 1g a few times a day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws