over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

critique this stack- health and longevity

Do you just use it in between or do you also use it while on? How much do you take?

I dont use it while on only between cycles. After 2 weeks on it i felt like i was recovered. Helps me to keep gains between cycles as well. I dont remember how much i took but i did what the lable said. Great product.

Good thread...

Me-

Multi....high quality
Fish oils
ALA
Cayenne pepper, powered- great for Bp and blood flow in general

The things I take: (I can elaborate more tomorrow as I'm going to bed now)

Fish Oils
CO-Q10
Idebenone
Vitamin C + NAC every day (together is important)
Garlic pill (Garlique brand)
Vitamin D3 (5000iu) from healthy origins, already in an oil base
Beta 1,3 Glucan from Now Foods (For immunity, works GREAT for me)
Olive leaf extract (numerous benefits)
Primal Defense (Good bacterias, like acidophilus etc)
Digest Enzymes with my bigger meals
Bio-Curcumin from LEF (one of my more important supplements)
Co-Enzymated B-Complex
Methyl-Folate pill

Natural Calm (magnesium powder) Helps me sleep at night.. The best magnesium supplement I have ever taken. I can actually feel it calm me down.

Jarrows Pomegranate syrup concentrate (1 tablespoon a day)
Super Cissus

Yes I really take ALL of this, every day, religiously.

AGREED

I dont use it while on only between cycles. After 2 weeks on it i felt like i was recovered. Helps me to keep gains between cycles as well. I dont remember how much i took but i did what the lable said. Great product.

MGs Super test booster is a damn good product, 4 caps morning ,4 caps evening had me back in the saddle in 2 weeks. Best PCT I've used yet. :headbang:

Suggestion

Hey guys- yes, very good thread, I love these kind of topics, especially with bodybuilders as I think H/L should also be a aspect of our lifestyle ("get big or die trying".... I do apologize, but that is SO stupid)....

ANYHOW- can I make a suggestion? Maybe some of you could go back and edit WHY you take those particular supplements... So we can see your thought process and philosophy behind your regimen.... It might help others formulate their own then.

I used to manage a supplementation shop so have experience with all things you listed. It's a good list. My tip would be to limit the amount. Your list is great but if you listen to most you will end up on about 50 tabs a day. The truth is many things work but the key is balance and to pick the most effective for you.

Fish oil is the starting point. I take 9g per day. Vit c is great. No need to take a huge amount. It is water soluble (like vit b) so you can take alot but your not gonna utilize it effectively. Ester C is a great form of vit c. I usually take 3 500mg tabs throughout the day. At the moment I have 1000mg so just do 1 or 2 per day.

I love taking a b complex. Most multi vits don't have enough vits in but of course if you diet is good you will be fine. Lots of fruit and veg etc. If that is the case a good multi vit would be sufficient.

I don't take Vit D but like most have mentioned it is great. For your goals I would look into vit e... great for immune enhancement.

Hawthorn berry is great. Q10 is great but as someone metioned if you take RY then Q10 is a must.

I always find a strong anti-oxidant is good... Alpha lipoic acid, acai berry, maqui berry. Not tried the later but I usually rotate the others every few months.

So for me you have

Humanofort
Fish Oil
Vit C
Vit E
Possibily a good multi vit
Hawthorn berry
Baby Aspirin

You have already mentioned tribulus. Cycling a good tribulus product would be good for you if your feeling low due to the lack of hormones.

No need to take magnesium or potassium imo. Ginkgo is good but not really needed. Like most I have listed it is also an anti-oxidant. I take it as I have suffered from vertigo most my life (good for circulation) . Ginkgo is good for older people (60+).

I would avoid creatine. Although creatine's kidney damage is very overrated. But best to be safe. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Green tea has a laundry list of benefits from metabolism boost to cancer reduction.

Caffeine, I know it sounds strange but a little bit every day is beneficial IMO. I am talking low 100mg or less. I have seen some research at benefits of higher amounts but think they tend to come with other sides.

Glutamine, it has benefits for the GI tract as well as the immune system.

GREAT INFO GUYS

alot of good information.
i am really looking for good hormonal balance, anti oxidants, help with keeping blood pressure down and looks like everyone hit on those issues. this has been enlightening. formulating a plan and i appreciate all the advice.

health and longevity REALLY needs to be a part of everyones "stacks"
i never worried about it until now and wish i had.
hell, now i am even using a moisturizer cream to slow down the wrinkling process LOL:eek:
i never cared about this stuff before. wife thought it was funny when we were at the store getting her make up and i said,"maybe i should get a moisturizer...?":cool:
-JS

Red Yeast Extract?

I've been wanting to add this to my H/L stack but am confused- I've read that FDA made suppliers take out the ingredient that actually "worked" as it was too close to a prescription drug or something?

Bottom Line- where can I get the "good stuff"- the red yeast extract as it was several years ago? Or is it not available?

Thanks!

Yes....

I've been wanting to add this to my H/L stack but am confused- I've read that FDA made suppliers take out the ingredient that actually "worked" as it was too close to a prescription drug or something?

Bottom Line- where can I get the "good stuff"- the red yeast extract as it was several years ago? Or is it not available?

Thanks!

You want the kind that has "monacolin K". You can get it cheap at Pure Bulk, Bulk Nutritional Supplements

Here's some info.... Red yeast rice (Monascus purpureus) - MayoClinic.com

Last edited:
Someone mentioned Co10... I want to stress- if u take red yeast rice, u NEED the Coq10... RYR will deplete bodily supplies

Yes and actually Red yeast rice is a natural form of a statin like crestor and lipitor etc... So if you are on a statin co Q10 is essential.Actually most that don't/can't tolerate the drugs and the doc discontinues could have been fine with some extra Co Q10 supplementation.Most of the side effects with muscle pain,cramps and weakness are the symptoms of co Q10 depletion.

Last edited:
For what it's worth many many customers still get very good drops in LDL cholesterol on the red yeast rice that you can buy OTC.

No...

Thank you very much myosin- I want this in my daily rotation but want the "right" kind.

EDIT: I just checked the "bulk" link- I really need capped- I don't have patience to do capping, or make a liquid suspension, for a supplement. You really cap your own Red Yeast Myosin???

I tried capping my own ALA for awhile... BOOOOORING :D

RYR: don't need to cap... 1/2 tsp (research based amount), BID, GTG! GREAT price!

My question is: If we are adding a large amount of vitamins and herbs each day, is our body able to process that amount? And if so, does that large amount stress other functions like the kidney or liver?

For me, regardless if im on or not, I take milk thistle throughout the day. Its one way of ensuring taking a large amounts of vitamins and herbs wont negatively affect my liver.

My question is: If we are adding a large amount of vitamins and herbs each day, is our body able to process that amount? And if so, does that large amount stress other functions like the kidney or liver?

For me, regardless if im on or not, I take milk thistle throughout the day. Its one way of ensuring taking a large amounts of vitamins and herbs wont negatively affect my liver.

Some herbs,vitamins and supplements certainly can have negative effects on the liver.Like i mentioned earlier in the thread Red yeast Rice is a natural version of statins which can be hard on the liver.Another one hard on the liver is niacin.

The only way to be certain you arent doing damage is get blood work done as you would with any drug from your Doctor.

And please don't be fooled into thinking that because you are taking milk thistle you are protected.In most studies i have read with milk thistle,until the substance causing increased liver function tests was removed from the patients regimine,functions remained elevated.

Hawthorne

this is a great thread guys. Those of you that are using Hawthorne to help lower your bp, how much do you take? Was your bp elevated before starting it? did it help lower it. Mine is a bit high but my doc doesnt want to put me on anything yet so I was thinking about trying the hawthorne.

this is a great thread guys. Those of you that are using Hawthorne to help lower your bp, how much do you take? Was your bp elevated before starting it? did it help lower it. Mine is a bit high but my doc doesnt want to put me on anything yet so I was thinking about trying the hawthorne.

i am very interested in this also. my doc recently put me on bp med and i would like to get off some day if possible.
-JS

i am very interested in this also. my doc recently put me on bp med and i would like to get off some day if possible.
-JS

I hear you man. I am trying my hardest to stay off meds. Every cardiovascular health problem imaginable runs in my family.

I tried capping my own ALA for awhile... BOOOOORING :D

RYR: don't need to cap... 1/2 tsp (research based amount), BID, GTG! GREAT price!

Thanks Myosin- measuring 1/2 tsp I can handle, especially for the nice pricing of bulk. I will order some RY now...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131