over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dairy?

My little girls (6&7) only drink soy or raw when I can get.

I hate to tell you that you lose some credibility using soy milk, especially for children. You're aware of how soy milk is processed and the phytoestrogen content and activity of unfermented soy? Not trying to be a dick... just sayin'. :(

What I was getting at is that it doesn't matter if you drink pasteurized or raw, but at least you don't have to worry about bacteria with pasteurized milk.

People are gonna hate me for that opinion, but I have yet to believe that worrying over raw vs pasteurized milk is going to help my longevity-which is the backbone of the debate (i.e. what's "healthier" for you).

However, home-cooked meals (just made me some home made pasta and sauce tonight..DELICIOSO)vs processed and related is another story.

What I was getting at is that it doesn't matter if you drink pasteurized or raw, but at least you don't have to worry about bacteria with pasteurized milk.

People are gonna hate me for that opinion, but I have yet to believe that worrying over raw vs pasteurized milk is going to help my longevity-which is the backbone of the debate (i.e. what's "healthier" for you).

However, home-cooked meals (just made me some home made pasta and sauce tonight..DELICIOSO)vs processed and related is another story.

Bro the bacteria is GOOD

You're aware of how soy milk is processed and the phytoestrogen content and activity of unfermented soy? Not trying to be a dick... just sayin'. :(

I was led to believe that fermented forms of soy (like miso) are healthy but that all non-fermented soy products can cause health issues...
the only soy I consume (besides the shity fillers in my whey:banghead:) is natto.

Wow. Half of the "credited" information in this thread is ridiculous. I can say that when I was younger I worked on farms and at milk production plants, and some of the processes you guys believe milk goes through simply aren't true.

I was led to believe that fermented forms of soy (like miso) are healthy but that all non-fermented soy products can cause health issues...
the only soy I consume (besides the shity fillers in my whey:banghead:) is natto.

The old-fashioned fermented soy products miso, natto and tempeh are fine, as long as you don't have any soy allergies..

Condiments like soy sauce are fine in moderation..

Wow. Half of the "credited" information in this thread is ridiculous. I can say that when I was younger I worked on farms and at milk production plants, and some of the processes you guys believe milk goes through simply aren't true.

Like what? Not calling you out, just curious to what you know.

Like what? Not calling you out, just curious to what you know.

For one, just like in every other market, it's all about the money.
I've personally injected BST in "organic"cattle.
You're not allowed to keep milk of cows that have been operated on when you're kosher. I've personally moved those cows other places during inspections. I've put cows in the tank much sooner than they should have after being treated with medication. These practices are commonplace in an industry that's been suffering for so long. It's either do these things or go under.
I grew up on milk right out of the bulk tank. But there is absolutely no way I would drink raw milk today. There is no heavy filtration in place. Watch a bunch of blood clots and chunky mastitis and bloody milk go through the line and you'd think twice. There are a lot of bacteria and pathogens present in raw milk. Are there enough to sicken you? The chance-though small-is always there.
Pasteurization causes no meaningful difference in nutrient content (no, we never enriched milk, and no powdered milk is required to create skim milk), and pasteurization does not cause lactose intolerance.

I grew up on milk right out of the bulk tank. But there is absolutely no way I would drink raw milk today. There is no heavy filtration in place. Watch a bunch of blood clots and chunky mastitis and bloody milk go through the line and you'd think twice. There are a lot of bacteria and pathogens present in raw milk. Are there enough to sicken you? The chance-though small-is always there.
Pasteurization causes no meaningful difference in nutrient content (no, we never enriched milk, and no powdered milk is required to create skim milk), and pasteurization does not cause lactose intolerance.

It is the micro-nutrients that are most important in raw milk. These are most definitely compromised by pasteurization.

Are you saying that pasteurization does not destroy the lactase enzyme, and myriad of other beneficial components, found in milk? What do you say causes lactose intolerance?

Are you familiar with REAL raw milk and not the borderline poisonous swill you were helping to produce?

If you're talking about an inferior product like your commercial, factory farmed milk, then yes I wouldn't consume it raw. It is produced with the knowledge that it will be heated to kill all the problem-causing bacteria. Of course it won't be treated with respect and careful preparation.

Take away the safety net of pasteurization and you are immediately forced to produce a better product by virtue of grass feeding, minimal antibiotic use, no hormone protocol, and clean milking procedures.

3 cups raw milk with the fat skimmed along with a scoop of whey protein is the best IMO. 50 protein/40 carbs

3 cups raw milk with the fat skimmed along with a scoop of whey protein is the best IMO. 50 protein/40 carbs

Throwing away the fat of raw milk from organic grass fed cows is like wasting the yolk from eggs of free range chicken.

Not wise, my friend.

It is the micro-nutrients that are most important in raw milk. These are most definitely compromised by pasteurization.
Like what?

Are you saying that pasteurization does not destroy the lactase enzyme, and myriad of other beneficial components, found in milk? What do you say causes lactose intolerance?

LOL. I (and science+common sense) say it's a due to evolution-the intolerance to lactose is a recessive genetic trait. Those with pastoral lifestyles in the past, e.g. mainly Europeans, have more instances of tolerance to lactase in comparisons to those who did not (e.g. Africans, Asians, et cetera). Evolution caused mutations with chromosome 2, allowing lactase tolerance, and variations to the MCM6 gene (which is associated with lactose intolerance)

Are you familiar with REAL raw milk and not the borderline poisonous swill you were helping to produce?

Yea, and I still would prefer pasteurized milk. :D

LOL. I (and science+common sense) say it's a due to evolution-the intolerance to lactose is a recessive genetic trait. Those with pastoral lifestyles in the past, e.g. mainly Europeans, have more instances of tolerance to lactase in comparisons to those who did not (e.g. Africans, Asians, et cetera). Evolution caused mutations with chromosome 2, allowing lactase tolerance, and variations to the MCM6 gene (which is associated with lactose intolerance)

Like what? Feeling a bit lazy right now, check this site, it should answer most of your questions.

Raw Milk Facts...The Raw Milk Information Guide You Can Trust!

If a person is lactose intolerant, big deal. Pop some lactaid tabs or drink raw milk.

Last edited:

If you're talking about an inferior product like your commercial, factory farmed milk, then yes I wouldn't consume it raw. It is produced with the knowledge that it will be heated to kill all the problem-causing bacteria. Of course it won't be treated with respect and careful preparation.

Take away the safety net of pasteurization and you are immediately forced to produce a better product by virtue of grass feeding, minimal antibiotic use, no hormone protocol, and clean milking procedures.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Like what?

here's my common sense, pasturized milk gives me bloating and gas....raw milk does not...hmmmm...

Like what? Feeling a bit lazy right now, check this site, it should answer most of your questions.

Raw Milk Facts...The Raw Milk Information Guide You Can Trust!

If a person is lactose intolerant, big deal. Pop some lactaid tabs or drink raw milk.

That site did nothing to act as a rebuttal to my argument-in fact just taking one of their studies used and referenced in that site (under Tuberculosis Studies in Scientific Stuff) titled Mycobacterium bovis in England and Wales: past, present and future said this: "Outbreaks of tuberculosis due to M. bovis continue to occur in cattle. Wild animals, particularly badgers, have been implicated as reservoirs of the infection. However, man may also prove to be an important reservoir of M. bovis for cattle as well as humans."

So, on a pro-raw milk website they actually use a study that says people are still at risk at receiving tuberculosis from cattle? Wow, lulz were had. :rolleyes:

here's my common sense, pasturized milk gives me bloating and gas....raw milk does not...hmmmm...

By all means do it then, lol. :p It's not like I'm trying to be anti-anything; I personally choose not to take the risk going raw and like to tell people why.

That site did nothing to act as a rebuttal to my argument-in fact just taking one of their studies used and referenced in that site (under Tuberculosis Studies in Scientific Stuff) titled Mycobacterium bovis in England and Wales: past, present and future said this: "Outbreaks of tuberculosis due to M. bovis continue to occur in cattle. Wild animals, particularly badgers, have been implicated as reservoirs of the infection. However, man may also prove to be an important reservoir of M. bovis for cattle as well as humans."

So, on a pro-raw milk website they actually use a study that says people are still at risk at receiving tuberculosis from cattle? Wow, lulz were had. :rolleyes:

Touche', but answer me this, when was the last time you heard of anyone being stricken with ANY disease from fresh, pure, pasture raised cow produced raw milk?

Do you think Big Dairy wouldn't catch wind of this occurring and make damn sure it made the evening news?

It's cool, my man. I'm paranoid of the cow vomit you call milk and you may or may not be scared of tuberculosis.

The stuff I drink is tested for all those diseases, not simply heated up to kill everything bad OR good in the milk, so I think we'll be alright.

Touche', but answer me this, when was the last time you heard of anyone being stricken with ANY disease from fresh, pure, pasture raised cow produced raw milk?

Do you think Big Dairy wouldn't catch wind of this occurring and make damn sure it made the evening news?

It's cool, my man. I'm paranoid of the cow vomit you call milk and you may or may not be scared of tuberculosis.

The stuff I drink is tested for all those diseases, not simply heated up to kill everything bad OR good in the milk, so I think we'll be alright.

Never, but I know no more than a handful that drink raw milk. :eek:

Why don't you come to Arkansas and share your shit? We're more field farmers down in the Delta. I may end up liking it.

As far as fears go, I can't knock ya. I'm deathly afraid of being stuck in the ocean, so you'll never see me go on a cruise (guess how much flak I get for that)!

:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rileyalex
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity