over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dating 'friends' at the gym ...

aquaholic

Banned
How do you say 'no thanks' after a date, knowing you'll see them time after time at the gym?

I've learned my lesson - don't date anyone at the gym. Ever.

Has anyone here ever successfully met and dated anyone at there gym? :confused:

How do you say 'no thanks' after a date, knowing you'll see them time after time at the gym?

I've learned my lesson - don't date anyone at the gym. Ever.

Has anyone here ever successfully met and dated anyone at there gym? :confused:

Geez...I hadn't thought of that! hahaha. Here I've been thinking I need to find someone fitness oriented...but yeah...what do you do if the first date blows! hahaha. I would say, wear your headphones, and do your own thing. If he comes up and wants to talk, then you can do the polite thing and say hello, etc...but keep it short. If he says something like, "hey when would you like to go out again?" Then I would probably say, "Yeah just call me." Then never answer his calls. hahaha. Or you could just lie and tell him your getting back with your old boyfriend. hahaha...

Aqua, I don't know if I would make that statement myself! "Don't date anyone from the gym ever"? Look we all get into situations that become awkward. Work place is another that springs to mind. People get in and out of relationships everywhere. Avoidnace is not the answer. The gym is a great place to meet people with a similar interest. Just be up front! Hey there is no crime in the fact that it just did not gel! Hell he may be thinking the same thing! See what I mean? What if he is thinking " damn what if I run into her at the gym" What do I say? Well I'd be telling him the same thing I'm going to tell you. It was fun, had a great time but it just will not work out. keep it light and casual. If he can't handle that then that becomes his problem and he will be more umcomfortable with the idea than you will.

Aqua, I don't know if I would make that statement myself! "Don't date anyone from the gym ever"? Look we all get into situations that become awkward. Work place is another that springs to mind. People get in and out of relationships everywhere. Avoidnace is not the answer. The gym is a great place to meet people with a similar interest. Just be up front! Hey there is no crime in the fact that it just did not gel! Hell he may be thinking the same thing! See what I mean? What if he is thinking " damn what if I run into her at the gym" What do I say? Well I'd be telling him the same thing I'm going to tell you. It was fun, had a great time but it just will not work out. keep it light and casual. If he can't handle that then that becomes his problem and he will be more umcomfortable with the idea than you will.

See...Oldfella has NO problem with confrontation. hahaha. Man. Aqua. His advice is much better than mine here. Just be honest and be true to yourself and those around you.

I have been going to my current gym for years and have never had a conversation with anyone.
I don't see how you can talk and train.

This is so funny, cause just yesterday my wife told me a few weeks ago at our gym a guy was being beat up in the mens room by his wife that supposedly caught him cheating with a gym bunny.

She confronted him on the gym floor. Then she started to swing on him, so he ran in the mens locker room where she didnt give two craps where he was and ran in right behind him and started to beat him up even more! hahahahahahaha

Moral of the story is NEVER EAT AND POOP IN THE SAME PLACE!

I agree w/ oldfella. Just tell him, "I had a good time but we should keep it to the one date and remain buds." Chances are he'll feel rejected but if he's a grown man he'll get over it eventually and things will get back to normal. If he gets weird just give him some space, don't ignore him but if you see him glancing at you or looking your way just smile and nod "hello" to let him know it's nothing against him.

I asked someone out at the gym once. I had to preface it by saying "hey, I'm really not that guy who goes around asking people in the gym on on dates but....". After one date I found out about the boyfriend :eek:

This is so funny, cause just yesterday my wife told me a few weeks ago at our gym a guy was being beat up in the mens room by his wife that supposedly caught him cheating with a gym bunny.

She confronted him on the gym floor. Then she started to swing on him, so he ran in the mens locker room where she didnt give two craps where he was and ran in right behind him and started to beat him up even more! hahahahahahaha

Moral of the story is NEVER EAT AND POOP IN THE SAME PLACE!

That is too funny :D :D

I changed gyms at the begining of the most so I could train with my girlfriend, anyways we broke up 3 days later. So I just go early and try to avoid her, same thing with our Church... Ohwell nothing should come bewteen you and your workouts, god etc

I met my fiance at the gym. I always told myself that I would not date anyone from the gym and next I know I did and fell in love with her. So....to answer the question I met someone at the gym and now I am getting married to her!

I met my fiance at the gym. I always told myself that I would not date anyone from the gym and next I know I did and fell in love with her. So....to answer the question I met someone at the gym and now I am getting married to her!

My wifey and I met in the gym and are going on 10yrs 7 of them happily married....O and she approched me......:rolleyes:

Last girl I met at the gym ended up being psychotic ... ask M.E., no more gym chicks with me, they need to do pilates or yoga!

Last girl I met at the gym ended up being psychotic ... ask M.E., no more gym chicks with me, they need to do pilates or yoga!

Only psychotic??????......thats putting it mildly.

Next girl I have will be a internet babe!!

Yea, I have a meeting at 6 tonight with my dungeons and dragons master, I think I am gonna make it to a level 32 with a power sword! Then I am meeting my babe for a date, Sha-Na-Na, in our online in our chatroom, love is color blind!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131