over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Day of Contest....

Now, this is just a question to make you think: If you have enough carbs from your load to be full and you get to the day of the show full, what is the honey in there for being it is a fructose carb that, if you are full, won't go anywhere near muscle glycogen, anyway?

Skip
what type of carbs do you stick with..? Complex (Potato,rice, oat meal) or Simple carbs (fruit)..High GI or low GI..? dried fruit raw fruit..? or mix it up.....?

Thanks

I usually do High GI at first then switch to sweet potatoes with no skin however it get me super gassy as well as Honey and peanut butter day of show

the ideas that you guys have about thins is amazing , I've been doing alot of reading on differant loading processes and even have a friend that does a HUGE load with the fill and spill principle , but its something crazy like 5000-6000g carbs for 3-4 days and doing this several days before the show and after you spill you dry out or somthing like that

Now, this is just a question to make you think: If you have enough carbs from your load to be full and you get to the day of the show full, what is the honey in there for being it is a fructose carb that, if you are full, won't go anywhere near muscle glycogen, anyway?

Skip

well I add the honey because it seams to heat my body up and help with the pump...who know maybe it''s all in my head..? ...Wed. carb load high GI 5am-3pm then sweet potatoes 3pm-11pm, thursday carb load all sweet potatoes 600-700g. then No carbs after 11pm thursday. up until Friday about 9pm..more sweet potatoes some rice..35g fats. wake up at 4am..sweetpatatos..not to much..(belly) and gas..lol 6am oatmeal.. Then 8am oil, honey some salt, 9am honey, peanut butter and salt, 10am peanut butter honey..Pre-j at 11am

What your food of choice to load with....? Thanks.

Oh, the list is so long:

pumpkin pancakes with real maple syrup
kid's cereal
cereal bars
french toast
pasta
low fat pizza made at home
low fat chex mix
pop tarts

Pretty much anything relatively low in fat and highly processed carbs.

Skip
What your food of choice to load with....? Thanks.

Who is he, he may have worked with me. lol

Skip
the ideas that you guys have about thins is amazing , I've been doing alot of reading on differant loading processes and even have a friend that does a HUGE load with the fill and spill principle , but its something crazy like 5000-6000g carbs for 3-4 days and doing this several days before the show and after you spill you dry out or somthing like that

Who is he, he may have worked with me. lol

Skip

Robert Jacob "Robbie" , from south Louisiana. He is a smart guy very well educated in nutrition (has a masters degree in it) but some of the shit he comes up with just blows my mind.

he always looks good for shows though , i guess once you get your body figured out how its gonna respond you can get more and more extreme.

what type of carbs do you stick with..? Complex (Potato,rice, oat meal) or Simple carbs (fruit)..High GI or low GI..? dried fruit raw fruit..? or mix it up.....?

Thanks

I usually do High GI at first then switch to sweet potatoes with no skin however it get me super gassy as well as Honey and peanut butter day of show

I like white potato and watermelon, the potato prevent me from cravings for more carbs.

I like white potato and watermelon, the potato prevent me from cravings for more carbs.

Really watermelon....
for me watermelon makes my stomach look like a bloated sea cow...and gassy
They actually say watermelon is one of the foods "not" to eat before a first date..due to it giving a lot of people gas..lol
However...watermelon is one of the lowest amount of carbs per weight gram and will keep you plenty hydrated...It's actually a old remedy people used for young kids when they were dehydrated...before Gatorade and pd-lite...ha
BUt like we said everyone's body is different and reacts differently to foods..

Thanks

Really watermelon....
for me watermelon makes my stomach look like a bloated sea cow...and gassy
They actually say watermelon is one of the foods "not" to eat before a first date..due to it giving a lot of people gas..lol
However...watermelon is one of the lowest amount of carbs per weight gram and will keep you plenty hydrated...It's actually a old remedy people used for young kids when they were dehydrated...before Gatorade and pd-lite...ha
BUt like we said everyone's body is different and reacts differently to foods..

Thanks

You need to eat the watermelon on empthy stomac, 2 cups at each time.

Watermelon contains about 6% sugar and 92% water by weight.[8] As with many other fruits, it is a source of vitamin C.

Notable is the inner rind of the watermelon, which is usually a light green or white color. This area is edible and contains many hidden nutrients that most people avoid eating due to its unique flavor.

The amino acid citrulline was first extracted from watermelon and analysed.[9] Watermelons contain a significant amount of citrulline and after consumption of several kg, an elevated concentration is measured in the blood plasma; this could be mistaken for citrullinaemia or other urea cycle disorder.[10]

Watermelon rinds are also edible, and sometimes used as a vegetable.[11] In China, they are stir-fried, stewed or more often pickled. When stir-fried, the de-skinned and de-fruited rind is cooked with olive oil, garlic, chili peppers, scallions, sugar and rum. Pickled watermelon rind is also commonly consumed in the Southern US.[12] Watermelon juice can also be made into wine.[13]

Watermelon is also mildly diuretic.[14]

Watermelons contain large amounts of beta carotene.[15]

Watermelon with red flesh is a significant source of lycopene.

.....................................I will never look at watermelon the same again..lol. Good Info to know..

So why on an empty stomach...? Is the reaction different..?

I am curious as to how 2 cups of watermelon adds anything to a carb load. ?? I understand the nutritional benefits but to load?

Skip

I love water mellon , but if i eat anything more than maybe one cup i may as well eat a box of exlax !!

what about thoer fruits , like plums or bananas?

i've heard of guys using honey mixed with peanut butter and cocoa on rice cakes to load with as well as cane syrup mixed with peanut butter on rice cakes or Ezikle bread.

then some guys eat fudge !!

.....................................I will never look at watermelon the same again..lol. Good Info to know..

So why on an empty stomach...? Is the reaction different..?

It would not make gas.

I am curious as to how 2 cups of watermelon adds anything to a carb load. ?? I understand the nutritional benefits but to load?

Skip

I am not using it for the carb load, it has a perfect sodium and potasium balance, prevent cramping, it keeps you fron dehydration and has a low diuretic effect. I eat 2 cups every hrs and I stop eating it 4hours before going on stage, if you dont then you will have to run of the stage to urinate.

Nutritional Values of Watermelon
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories 46
Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 g

Carbohydrate 11 g

Protein 1 g

Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sodium
2 mg
Vitamin A
865 IU
Niacin
<1 mg
Pantothenic Acid <1 mg
Thiamin
<1 mg
Vitamin B6
<1 mg
Vitamin C
12 mg

Calcium
11 mg

Magnesium
15 mg

Potassium
170 mg

Carotenoids 7,481 micrograms

Fair enough, that makes complete sense. I thought you were using it as a carb source.

Skip
I am not using it for the carb load, it has a perfect sodium and potasium balance, prevent cramping, it keeps you fron dehydration and has a low diuretic effect. I eat 2 cups every hrs and I stop eating it 4hours before going on stage, if you dont then you will have to run of the stage to urinate.

Nutritional Values of Watermelon
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories 46
Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 g

Carbohydrate 11 g

Protein 1 g

Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sodium
2 mg
Vitamin A
865 IU
Niacin
<1 mg
Pantothenic Acid <1 mg
Thiamin
<1 mg
Vitamin B6
<1 mg
Vitamin C
12 mg

Calcium
11 mg

Magnesium
15 mg

Potassium
170 mg

Carotenoids 7,481 micrograms

I've never tried the watermelon thing but sounds reasonable

Last edited:
Skip, what is a general daily water intake schedule look like the last week ? I have flooded then drasticly cut, but finding out I may have beem doing it it wrong all along.

Thanks

Last edited:
Great info Skip, Emeric and everyone else. My brain is uploading all the info as I write this!

I agree there can be multiple answers to this question, but unfortunately everyones answer is going to be different, itsup to you to find what works bes for your body...

I always recommend from sunday to wedsnday drinking 2 gallons, thursday to 1 gallon, then friday 1/2 gallon by noon.... take a diurectic friday night... only drink in 4 ounce increments at each meal.... if you can go without drinking then do that.... as far as the carbs...700 is alot... i agree in carbing up.... but i dont think carbing up is needed while ur water remains high.... maybe sunday - wednsday i take in about 75 carbs... then on thursday run about 300 carbs, 300 carbs for friday ... then after 9pm, when i take my diurectic... i eat 300 carbs from 9pm til 2am in the morning.... 3 meals of 100 carbs each.... usually pizza or pancakes....works best for me.... some people cant affford to eat that sloppy..if not then maybe live on tams or cream of rice or oatmeal.... u can always add protein powder to it as well...

ummm this seems like a lot to remember and do...why not get shredded....and i mean really shredded....and do....NOTHING before the show? no diuretics, no water tricks, no depleting, no loading, no nothing! tan up and get it on!

even cutler made a big mistake last year...and he almost paid dearly for it.

ive seen guys who are truly lean like national level, eat and drink right up to going onstage......and not do anything....and WIN!

i think the diuretic thing screws people up more than makes them better.

this year my guy was doing what we planned. then everyone told him he HAD to do it another way. He HAD to do a diuretic. HE WAS BONE DRY!!!! he stuck with the plan...and beat all these guys telling him he was doing it wrong. the main reason....he was IN SHAPE! he had striated ankles for gods sake.

i think most people myself include really havent been in the kind of shape it takes to win a national show. The sufferer that goes into it...its pretty bad.
trying lat min voodoo isnt gonna make you any better than 20 weeks of balls to the wall dieting and training.

lucian

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner