over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC Training

jakehrer

Newbies
Finally giving DC training a shot after years of a higher volume approach, would love to hear if anyone is still dc training currently or have tried it in the past.

I've been training DC style for about 8 weeks now and I love it. I've always done the high volume approach as well and the DC style was just what I needed. I also used to train just about every day, taking a rest day MAYBE every couple weeks. Now I can't train any more than 2 on 1 off or I get burnt out in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a variation of it. Using low volume, heavy progressive weights, plenty of rest between sets etc. Worked great (keep a log helps track your progress) for gaining mass. The only thing was after 6-7 months of it my joints felt like shit and I started to have aches and pains. Constantly increasing your weight can be hard on your body. I since have switched to more volume on most days to give everything a break. I can see myself switching back to the DC style of training for a gaining phase in the fall/winter.

done two way split and three way split from 2007-2010 or so then did Dorian Yates type hit training

got injuries on both types

when your training like someone had a gun to your head, and will kill your family if you dont get another rep, an injury is bound to happen

im older now at 35 and dont always train to that red line and stop shy sometimes a rep or two or so , depending on where im at in my training phase

Mark Dugdale goes into this on his recent rxmuscle interview. Remember Dorian retired at like 37 after severe injuries and in his interviews he said if he could have done it over he would have backed off the intensity, esp during contest prep

I do it in rotation with other training styles. I do the DC program but with higher reps as Dante recommends for us older guys.

About 8 weeks each run.

I have just started it. I'm on week 7. Loving it so far. I train with my GF and she loves it as well. Work is busy for both of us so the 3 days is perfect for us. Noticing ome definite changing in chest triceps and quads

Love DC training. Trained volume for years on end and looked the same. Now i don't think i'll train any other way (except maybe Dr. Scott's Fortitude Training cycled in and out)

For the guys with injuries or joint pain, highly suggest just increasing the rep ranges. Doesn't matter if it's 8 reps or 20, progression is key. I usually do RP set of 20 if i feel vulnerable on a movement. My joints actually feel better with low volume compared to 30 set leg workouts..Or maybe it's just because i'm 26 years old!

..Or maybe it's just because i'm 26 years old!

Ahhh, I remember those days...........26 with no joint pain..........of course being 26 was 26 YEARS AGO for me! :D

Love DC training. Trained volume for years on end and looked the same. Now i don't think i'll train any other way (except maybe Dr. Scott's Fortitude Training cycled in and out)

For the guys with injuries or joint pain, highly suggest just increasing the rep ranges. Doesn't matter if it's 8 reps or 20, progression is key. I usually do RP set of 20 if i feel vulnerable on a movement. My joints actually feel better with low volume compared to 30 set leg workouts..Or maybe it's just because i'm 26 years old!

Bolded because Ive said this time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again and yet.....nobody pays attention to it

Dante's in the house!

DC is great for us young-guns looking for a sure fire way to pack on lbs. Going on 3 months now, just got done resting for two weeks. Changed up the exercises, couldn't be more excited for each and every workout.

The DC program from years back "Cycle for Pennies" is still what I use to this day. I know there have been changes over the years by others or by Dante, I never could figure that out. Seem I heard there was a dvd out? I didn't need it I was getting the results. Its the foundation I use, the log book has more notes now because of aches and pains but can never under estimate the value of that DAM log book. It's the compass to let me know what I'm doing right and wrong. The coach that still creates anxiety when I open it up for that day in the gym . "I have this one day to hit this body part, will I beat those numbers? Will I have to drop this exercise? but it's a favorite..!." This is my allotted time in the gym, its my escape.... I'm not here to chit chat nor Waite for someone to finish their useless duties on a ceil phone while on the bench I need ! GET UP!

I hope Dante realizes how many people he has helped reach their own personal goals.......thanks

Thanks for all the feedback! Much appreciated

Just ready to beat the log book and really throw around some heavy iron again...

Best results I've ever had were via DC training. But, as Dante points out, most of us lifters over 35 will need to adjust a little. STILL the best program for putting on muscle IMO

Bolded because Ive said this time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again and yet.....nobody pays attention to it

At my age this is the most important thing for me, I love this style of training but when I got back to training, I had to focus on beating my log book in the higher rep ranges. Trying to hit weight in the 12-20 rep ranges for rp sets.

Also have to spend more time warming up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131