over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlifts or rack deads for back?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what is front to back thickness? Like side poses?

When someone is viewed from the side and their chest/delts/back are insanely thick.

Reactions: JJT
So I am currently attempting to regrow my ass. Due to a couple of back injuries, I got in the habit of bracing myself with one or both arms every time I bent over for the last 6 years or so. Over time this has weakened my lower back and basically erased my ass lol. Think Hank Hill lol. Since I have restarted serious training I feel rack deads almost completely in my lats as there is not much else back there to pull with lol. This would support the individual structure theory on why some respond so well and others simply feel their legs/ass/traps.

IMO deadlifts are a functional excersize best for athletes (such as football players and wrestlers) and powerlifters. It develops power not muscular growth.

I much preferred rack pulls. Less redundancy with the hips, leave that for squats.

Lots of things to consider here but I'm not sure why thick concrete erectors aren't something you want your physique to have

Would Johnnie have had this same look along the spine if he hadn't done deadlifts?

Just Bbb squats? . . . perhaps? . . . maybe? . . . no way?

I trained a kid years ago who did not do deadlifts, only squatted, and took best back
(regional) in every contest he entered. Then he hug up his trunks for some reason.

Of course this mans back is light years ahead but it just shows to go ya ;)

Would Johnnie have had this same look along the spine if he hadn't done deadlifts?
Not a deadlift done, only 160 lbs and look at mine. Heavy bent over barbell rows and seated cable rows 20210112_214543.jpg

I like rack dead’s I feel like they add width to me. Front to back thickness. I feel it everywhere traps mid back lats. I like them

I think they're a waste of cns energy.
The guys that have a nice back, 30% do racks/deads while the rest don't. Same back...
Now me, I don't feel anything but strain on them.
And every trainer/pro that I've done them in front of, says my form is perfect. I just don't feel it in my lats or anything but spine.

Not a deadlift done, only 160 lbs and look at mine. Heavy bent over barbell rows and seated cable rowsView attachment 124971

Wow! Just amazing. I remember seeing that that foto. How old were you and how long had you been training. do you remember?

Totally natural I suspect.

And no deadlifts.

Which begs the question . . . man made or genetics. I say both.

Wow! Just amazing. I remember seeing that that foto. How old were you and how long had you been training. do you remember?

Totally natural I suspect.

And no deadlifts.

Which begs the question . . . man made or genetics. I say both.
Around 22-23 yrs old training since age 13. Yes totally natural

And yes both, man made and genetics

haha not me, I was way off

I like classic better and dont have enough muscle really to be truly competive in bodybuilding and at my height id need to put on fifty pounds, thats not happening

in classic though I can put on twenty and still be within the rules

i look more than I weigh due to 7 inch wrists, allos me to put more muscle on my frame than say a guy with 7.5 inch wrists and larger bones, weighed in at 209 lbs !
Was this natural ?

My waist gets extremely wide when I do rack pulls and deadlifts all through the winter. Last summer I looked like a square hahaha

I believe heavy rack pulls are responsible for my diastasis recti.

I like the deadlift in the off season, if I'm on a cutting diet I will have rack dead instead.

If you get stronger, you get bigger, the basic exercises allow you to get stronger than the other exercises, and what is more important, strengthen the structure and the organism in general. Of course, this is more important to strength athletes and young and natural bodybuilders than enchanced and/or old bodybuilders.

Rack dead, I feel to work as long as you don't go too heavy, that is, when your straps get uncomfortable and you can't do 8-10 reps in a solid and clean way.

You can always complete your back workout with 3 or 4 more exercises: barbell or dumbbell rows, pull ups, cable exercises, etc...

I can't find any reason to eliminate the basic exercises, except that you are hurt.

I'm not a bodybuilder but I love to deadlift heavy.

I don't think you need Dead's to build an impressive back.
BB rows, trow, chins, pulldowns and machines are better. Less chance of injury, less taxing and way more muscle stimulation.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131