over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

debate about phil h at getbig..

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
was cruising the getbig bulletin board and a thread is addressing whether phil should have beat titus..see phil, we arent the only ones who remember you. lol;)

Phil

What the hell are you doing up so early?

My take..

Is that Craig seems to just be a bitter person who is a poor sport. I just can't remember ever hearing him say, "you know so and so just plain looked better than me on that day and beat me". I can understand anyone wanting to have a positive attitude and always wanting to do better at every show, but to talk so much crap SO MUCH of the time about everyone else just isn't cool.
But hey, he's a pro and I'm not.

Re: My take..

mike man said:
But hey, he's a pro and I'm not.

yeah but you're a better person than him. i have more respect for a person not their title. fuck i cant stand poor sports. you actually look better when you can say you lost.

Hernon vs Titus

I remember the contest well. There was no question in my mind who was the winner. In my eyes Phil won by a land slide. His physique was far superior to Titus. Anyone who argues the fact is just plain blind.

was this the 95 usa..if so does anybody have any pics..

Hey guys , I had dinner with Titus last may and he was actually pretty cool and very honest about gear ,diet , ect....[ I really liked his wife as well , she was way nice] I wouldn't trust craig as far as I could throw him{ he ratted out one his closest friends] . But he was cool and very candid, I actually liked his attitude. He was complemetry of Big Phil and said that phil was one of thickest guys ever . And he went on to say that he felt horrible about what had happened to him and hoped that he hoped to meet phil on stage again.[ phil was brought up because I told craig that I was a big fan of his since his PBA days and wanted to what he thought of him]

I wouldn't trust craig as far as I could throw him{ he ratted out one his closest friends] . But he was cool and very candid, I actually liked his attitude.

Was he candid about ratting out one of his closest friends to get a reduced sentence?

Just curious

I remember that Titus was getting all the press the year before. Tons of photo layouts in all the major muscle mags. It was a surprise just on that you figure that the contest is predetermined. I have the contest video taped. Kept it for various reasons. (Remember all the editing out they did of Titus and what he pulled on stage.)

That was one of the last years before they created the super's. Tough line up with Hernon, Titus, Dente, Smith in the top 5. All figuring to win so Titus wasn't alone. Just reacted badly.

Phil, were you offerred a Weider contract after that?

Yes

I had a weider contract for a year until I cancelled it. I remember winning the USA and a month later seeing Tiutus saying that he was going to win the show in the new edition of FLex and what weight he would be at that next years Night of Champiopns.

No , t bonus. I know that Titus ratted out his out trainer [ which was one of his best friends] Doggcrap had seen paperwork verifying that fact. He sent his friend to prison for 5 years plus.[ nice friend huh?] He didn't just rat him out , but he actually testified against him in court. DC had seen the paperwork that confirmed this. Like I said , the guy was cool as hell to me. Maybe he has changed alot , but that still doesn't change what he did. I have been ratted on and it is a greater violation than being raped as far as I am concerned.He was a top trainer at the time , I wanna say his name was Ameen Ali or something like that . You could ask Doggcrap he knows the story.

Hernon v. Titus (& Titus 2004)

Let's face three things right off:
  1. Phil deserved to win, easily;
  2. To Phil's credit, there was a glaring difference in their demeanor after the show;
  3. At that show, Craig was, & still is, a tantrum-throwing loser who tries to screw everybody because he doesn't have the dignity to conduct himself any other way.[/list=1]
    Has anyone noticed that none of the competitors, who co-sponsor his "after-disaster" parties, stick around to go through that twice? I heard (reliable source) that he promised individuals VIP passes if they promoted one of his shows. Apparently, things were not going so well in the "after-disaster" scene, so they got nothing!

**broken link removed**

This is not a guy I would open a joint bank account with.

That show wasnt even close--Phil destroyed him. And the tragic thing is everyone thought Phil should of won in 94 too. Pros and tops am badmouth their competition alot and I asked everyone competing against Phil at the time in interviews what they thought of each other. Some would say Tom Prince had no lats, some would say Titus wasnt really round and was always kind of flat and angular, Don Long had no shoulder width, Curtis Leffler didnt really flow right and biceps lacked peak, Fletcher never could dial it in, Newman had a flat chest etc etc etc. What did all the other competitors say about Phil when I brought his name up? Nothing. they couldnt. Phil doesnt have weaknesses and outsizes everyone. If they did say something it was on the lines of "one big motherfucker--lets hope he comes in smooth lol---send him a bucket of salt for me ok"---the thing with Phil is I dont think he even today realized how awesome he was. I remember him during the armed forces championships I believe looking at Ray Mcniel the lightheavyweight and saying "I think you got it" and Mcniel starts laughing like "you got to be freaking kidding me--IM getting absolutely dwarfed out here" People keep bringing up the USA in 95 but I think Phil would even admit that he wasnt close to his best there--he got even larger after that. If you take 96 to 2004 and look at all the competitors and top guys and put a shredded to the bone Phil in the mix at his size, there would of been some very different placings over the years. Everyone was having trouble keeping up with Nasser and Dorian but two-three guys, Phil and Mike Francois and Dillett. I truly believe Phil would of been the one person who gave Yates a huge problem if he had the opportunity to compete shredded to the bone all those years.

Attachments

• hernon23.jpg
    hernon23.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 657
Picture worth 1000 words

Photo says it all. Had Phil 1st, no brainer.

Phil Hernon

He's such a handsome boy. His mother must be so proud! (Craig's mother must walk around with two paper bags. One goes over her head, the second is in case the first one blows off.)

When I grow up, I want to be Phil! :cool:

Phil...would have been a great man for this sport. He is a true professional and is willing to offer his knowledge to those that ask. Thanks PHIL for all your help, and DAMN don't we all wish you would comeback and amaze us all again...

i remember back in like around 1991 or 92 i got a training video that had phil in it and what a freak, i thought he was ahead of his time, a super freak.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity