over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DHEA

Oh you asked if it had "same benefits" as dhea. i saw no benefit at all. and again i dont get tested for dhea. doctor doesnt have me go for that specific test. dont know what docs opinion is of it but i believe dhea is bunch of phony bolony.

Oh ok I should have been more clear with my original question

Complete different mechanisms

Does 7-Keto raise DHEAS levels the same way DHEA does?

Dhea and other neurosteroids play a very significant role in the human body especially when it comes to adrenal function which a large percentage of us here have issues with.

The problem with that is the bioavailability. Sublingual or transdermal is the way to go.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25022952/

Nevertheless, a growing body of evidence supports the notion that DHEA is not just an overrated dietary supplement but a useful drug for some, but not all, human diseases. Large-scale randomised controlled trials are needed to fine-tune the indications and optimal dosing protocols before DHEA enters routine clinical practice.

Dhea is also highly recommended and hormone replacement therapy

What we know about DHEA - Dr. John Crisler

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12878719/

Pulmonary artery (PA) hypertension was studied in a chronic hypoxic-pulmonary hypertension model (7-21 days) in the rat. Increase in PA pressure (measured by catheterism), cardiac right ventricle hypertrophy (determined by echocardiography), and PA remodeling (evaluated by histology) were almost entirely prevented after oral dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) administration (30 mg/kg every alternate day).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12765434/

The authors conclude that treatment with an activator of calcium-gated potassium channels, dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate, known to be well tolerated by humans, reduces hypoxic pulmonary hypertension

Oh ok I should have been more clear with my original question

Does 7-Keto raise DHEAS levels the same way DHEA does?

Nope

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-835/7-keto-dhea

7-keto-DHEA is a by-product of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a chemical that is formed in the body. DHEA is a "parent hormone" produced by glands near the kidneys. But unlike DHEA, 7-keto-DHEA is not converted to steroid hormones such as androgen and estrogen. Taking 7-keto-DHEA by mouth or applying it to the skin does not increase the level of steroid hormones in the blood.

Dhea and other neurosteroids play a very significant role in the human body especially when it comes to adrenal function which a large percentage of us here have issues with.

The problem with that is the bioavailability. Sublingual or transdermal is the way to go.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25022952/

Nevertheless, a growing body of evidence supports the notion that DHEA is not just an overrated dietary supplement but a useful drug for some, but not all, human diseases. Large-scale randomised controlled trials are needed to fine-tune the indications and optimal dosing protocols before DHEA enters routine clinical practice.

Dhea is also highly recommended and hormone replacement therapy

What we know about DHEA - Dr. John Crisler

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12878719/

Pulmonary artery (PA) hypertension was studied in a chronic hypoxic-pulmonary hypertension model (7-21 days) in the rat. Increase in PA pressure (measured by catheterism), cardiac right ventricle hypertrophy (determined by echocardiography), and PA remodeling (evaluated by histology) were almost entirely prevented after oral dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) administration (30 mg/kg every alternate day).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12765434/

The authors conclude that treatment with an activator of calcium-gated potassium channels, dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate, known to be well tolerated by humans, reduces hypoxic pulmonary hypertension

this is exciting. I was dealing with bad fatigue/adrenal issues and so far 2 days on this and I feel back to normal. I was getting better already but it's been even more noticeable

Are you still taking metformin by chance? There's some suggestive findings that metformin can alter the biosynthesis of adrenal hormones. Another known bastard child on the biosynthesis of DHEA are ACEi. Understandably you're on an ARB, considering both play on the angiotensin system, this may be a primary cause of your lower DHEA-s levels. When was the last time you checked your DHEA-s levels?

Food for thought.

Last edited:
Are you still taking metformin by chance? There's some suggestive findings that metformin can alter the biosynthesis of adrenal hormones. Another known bastard child on the biosynthesis of DHEA are ACEi. Understandably you're on an ARB, considering both play on the angiotensin system, this may be a primary cause of your lower DHEA-s levels. When was the last time you checked your DHEA-s levels?

Food for thought.

Yes taking 2000mg Metformin and 80mg Telmisartan. My DHEA-s result was from last week (216) at the endo. I would have never known they'd lower my DHEA so thanks for telling me.

Yes taking 2000mg Metformin and 80mg Telmisartan. My DHEA-s result was from last week (216) at the endo. I would have never known they'd lower my DHEA so thanks for telling me.

After looking at this a bit more closely this morning. According to one study (H. Ueshiba, et al, January 2010) showed that Telmisartan actually increased both DHEA and sulfate levels.

So this leaves me a bit ambivalent.

After looking at this a bit more closely this morning. According to one study (H. Ueshiba, et al, January 2010) showed that Telmisartan actually increased both DHEA and sulfate levels.

So this leaves me a bit ambivalent.

Well that's good I guess. I can't come off Telmisartan because my heart personally needs it so I have to put that ahead of DHEA optimization. I don't mind taking 25mg of DHEA to get my levels up risk free.

I take 25mg am and pm of pure encapsulations. Great stuff and brings my dhea back to high end of normal range as verified by bloods. Seems to give me more energy in the day and sleep better at night.

Also on 2g metformin daily, 1 gram am and pm. First time I've heard it may drop DHEA levels but mine were low before the met so I see no reason to give it up. Amazing stuff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws