over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diabetes Symptoms, No Diabetes ????

More than likely reactivate hypoglycemia. And yes pheochromocytomas is generally a non-malignant tumor(s) of the extra-adrenal region.

How certain are you of the aforementioned, sir?

More than likely reactivate hypoglycemia. And yes pheochromocytomas is generally a non-malignant tumor(s) of the extra-adrenal region.

Yes, thats what I meant.

Always appreciate your posts Stewie...thanks.

FYI, this medical nerd stuff is hella fun Stewie.
:yeahthat:

I enjoy it myself as well, thanks :) I ceased venturing the endeavors of becoming a P.A. There's a lengthy tale behind it. More than I can type out ATM.

Nonetheless, I enjoy the learning curve of the medical field in textual conversations.

As for the reactivate hypoglycemia, or the pathology part?

Fairly confident? Your thoughts?

I enjoy it myself as well, thanks :) I ceased venturing the endeavors of becoming a P.A. There's a lengthy tale behind it. More than I can type out ATM.

Nonetheless, I enjoy the learning curve of the medical field in textual conversations.

You mean "reactive" hypoglycemia, right? :p

"Fairly confident?" Hmm...reassurance the statement does not provide. :star-wa's

In over 10 years of medicine, one learns & owns a YUGE amount of medicolegal information and clinical SKILLZ. One also pays careful attention to markedly insightful "words to live by" during all that controlled chaos. Some "words to live by" which I have made an essential part of my ethos (in medicine, knowledge, and life) reads as such: "Know what you know, what you don't know, what you believe based on the current objective data, and label the aforementioned accordingly." Still does not cease to amaze how many docs cannot utter the words "I don't know." If I don't know something, I have no problem saying 'I don't know."

:a:tion-sm

Last edited:

The pathogenesis and etiologies of reactive hypoglycemia is a diagnostic snoozer. Now a pheo is rare dx and I love rare. So what up with pheo's? :lightbulb:

I have never really had any crashes in the gym ever or really under a physical load. Honestly those situations are where I feel the best. I could be pushing a pencil and anywhere around 1pm, the day takes a turn.

I used to have the same symptoms, prior to my heart attack when I was still bodybuilding. I ate every 3 hours or so. Once I got with Phil Hernon he had me just eat when I was hungry, so I ate less food and less often. I felt much better within a week or so.

Now I fast from a late night snack of just popcorn and some wine until I get home from the gym around lunch time. So I lift and do cardio in a fasted state, about 12 hours of no food. 16 hours between real meals. I very rarely get those feelings like you have now. I did have them all of the time when I ate like you are.

I used to have the same symptoms, prior to my heart attack when I was still bodybuilding. I ate every 3 hours or so. Once I got with Phil Hernon he had me just eat when I was hungry, so I ate less food and less often. I felt much better within a week or so.

Now I fast from a late night snack of just popcorn and some wine until I get home from the gym around lunch time. So I lift and do cardio in a fasted state, about 12 hours of no food. 16 hours between real meals. I very rarely get those feelings like you have now. I did have them all of the time when I ate like you are.

Is Phil Hernon the guy that owns this msg board? Name sounds familiar but then again, I hear voices...on my CD player.

"Fairly confident?" Hmm...reassurance the statement does not provide. :star-wa's

In over 10 years of medicine, one learns & owns a YUGE amount of medicolegal information and clinical SKILLZ. One also pays careful attention to markedly insightful "words to live by" during all that controlled chaos. Some "words to live by" which I have made an essential part of my ethos (in medicine, knowledge, and life) reads as such: "Know what you know, what you don't know, what you believe based on the current objective data, and label the aforementioned accordingly." Still does not cease to amaze how many docs cannot utter the words "I don't know." If I don't know something, I have no problem saying 'I don't know."

I definitely botched up the spelling, thanks for the correction. Apparently when I type in 'react'... reactivate pops up on my phone as the first selective word, rather than the proper word I was intending,...reactive. My mistake for not proof reading :) Thanks.

In the context of my statement back to chinaboy, idiopathic hypoglycemia is rarely used synonymously with reactive hypoglycemia (although they can be I reckon). Or at least to the best of my recollection with the interactions of clinician's I've talked to. 'Idiopathic' to my understanding doesn't fit within the Whipple's triad due to negligence on a physicians behalf to utilize a proper diagnostic algorithm for an individuals episodic hypoglycemia.

Incidentally, I've spelled it correctly in the past :) :

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2226892
My wife has reactive hypoglycemia.

Is this pre diabetes? Or something else? - Professional Muscle
Actually it's reactive hypoglycemia. I've mentioned this to him before.

Last edited:

It's hilarious to talk with doctors about a topic outside their specialization. They usually don't have a clue but try to bullshit away in an effort to maintain the illusion of them being all-knowing.

To be more concise without suggesting a diagnosis due to lack of information chinaboy provided. His physician termed his condition as idiopathic rather than more properly, reactive.

So I should have stated, ...'he probably meant to say or did say, reactive hypoglycemia'.

I do enjoy the conversation :)

Nonetheless, sorry to derail your thread A50#

It's hilarious to talk with doctors about a topic outside their specialization. They usually don't have a clue but try to bullshit away in an effort to maintain the illusion of them being all-knowing.

I personally have found most doctors very willing to admit what they don't know and more focused on their profession than their pride, much more so than the average population at least. You have to realize what they are dealing with, every patient who can use the internet thinks they are an expert and that one study means something...

Lethargy..fatigue..blurry vision..ringing ears are a few of the symptoms. I wake up feeling fine but my mid day on I'm feeling 'off' on a daily basis. Very similar to an energy/sugar crash. Vision gets blurry and restricted.

This is exactly what I'm dealing with, I've self-diagnosed with "old age syndrome." :D

When your ears start ringing now and then for no reason, you are in your 40s.

The low point of 45 was when I when I scratched my balls, and I would "hear" it inside my left ear, lasted for about a month, serious right now...

Last edited:

And after further brushing up, outside of the adrenals (paragangliomas) generally become malignant.

Thanks for the exegesis, in a non-biblical way. :)

I personally have found most doctors very willing to admit what they don't know and more focused on their profession than their pride, much more so than the average population at least. You have to realize what they are dealing with, every patient who can use the internet thinks they are an expert and that one study means something...

Poorly written inaccurate article. Yet, has some humour.

Doctor texts the wrong number for medical advice, random girl responds with correct answer - VT

Last edited:
I definitely botched up the spelling, thanks for the correction. Apparently when I type in 'react'... reactivate pops up on my phone as the first selective word, rather than the proper word I was intending,...reactive. My mistake for not proof reading :) Thanks.

In the context of my statement back to chinaboy, idiopathic hypoglycemia is rarely used synonymously with reactive hypoglycemia (although they can be I reckon). Or at least to the best of my recollection with the interactions of clinician's I've talked to. 'Idiopathic' to my understanding doesn't fit within the Whipple's triad due to negligence on a physicians behalf to utilize a proper diagnostic algorithm for an individuals episodic hypoglycemia.

Incidentally, I've spelled it correctly in the past :) :

Just metaphorically bustin' your balls. Hell, I misssspell werds all the tyme. Espeshially bigly werds.

With regards to a dx of "idiopathic" FILL-IN-THE-BLANK, it more often than not means we're idiots b/c we're either too stupid, ignorant, and/or lazy to take a little extra time to think more critically about the entire clinical picture. Having said that, there are some insanely OCD ones that view an idiopathic dx as a personal failure and will spend hours pondering over a an extremely complicated case until the correct dx is made. Unfortunately, this is a rare characteristic in present day medicine and observed evidence strongly indicates it will continue to become rarer with each passing year. Comforting, eh? :banghead:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear