advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did the price of TrueProtein's Recession Whey get jacked up recently?

theking375

Registered
Firstly, I'm a big fan of Dante and his company. Been buying from them for about 6 years now. And I appreciate them busting their asses to put out high quality products at great prices.

So I'm not criticizing, just curious because I just put in an order for the wpc/wpi Recession whey and got clipped for $30 more than I think I paid last time.

I remember reading that protein prices could rise because of the Gatorade series of protein drinks and a protein shortage and so on. Is that what's happening?

Sucks since I'm a poor college student who relies on shakes a lot because of my schedule. Buying 25lbs of the whey protein Concentrate chocolate-flavored comes out to only a few bucks more now than the plain Recession whey I've been choking down. :)

Yeah a bit of a price jump, don't know the reasons why. Having said that it remains the best deal for the budget minded for looking a good powder

We have tried to hold the line as long as we can but the dairies and their packaging mediaries just jacked milk related and whey prices across the board.

The companies that we make products for aren't too happy either but its the material cost that has risen. Sure doesnt make me happy, I would love to sell everything for a buck a pound.

You will see alot of smaller supplement companies and certain products by certain companies fall to the wayside......both from material costs going up and also GMP regulations.

My business partner and I have stood to the side and watched how two custom manufacturers who make a large amount of products here in the United States....have just cut corners left and right and companies are having them make their proteins for them. Their cookie cutter formula has a large amount of skim milk and non dairy creamer in it with 60% something WPC....(WPC is supposed to be 79-82%)....BUT ITS CHEAP TO MAKE AND THEN THEY CAN TURN AROUND AND SELL IT TO EVERYONE BELOW COSTS OF EVERYONE ELSE.....

THATS IT WE HAVE HAD IT. I am going to be very very very transparent here and Im going to copy that formula and show you guys exactly what it is and that we can beat any price out there when we are talking apples to apples and oranges to oranges. If you want dirt cheap protein with skim milk and non dairy creamer in it (tastes great!) because all you care about is the bottom line price....IM GOING TO MAKE IT FOR YOU...and beat their pricing.....and Ill tell you exactly whats in it. The marketing of it? Im probably going to put "Not exactly the best protein you can ingest for yourself and for muscle gains but hey you only care about the price per pound so i made what everyone else is buying up all over the place and beat the price" next to the description.

Last edited:
We have tried to hold the line as long as we can but the dairies and their packaging mediaries just jacked milk related and whey prices across the board.

The companies that we make products for aren't too happy either but its the material cost that has risen. Sure doesnt make me happy, I would love to sell everything for a buck a pound.

You will see alot of smaller supplement companies and certain products by certain companies fall to the wayside......both from material costs going up and also GMP regulations.

My business partner and I have stood to the side and watched how two custom manufacturers who make a large amount of products here in the United States....have just cut corners left and right and companies are having them make their proteins for them. Their cookie cutter formula has a large amount of skim milk and non dairy creamer in it with 60% something WPC....(WPC is supposed to be 79-82%)....BUT ITS CHEAP TO MAKE AND THEN THEY CAN TURN AROUND AND SELL IT TO EVERYONE BELOW COSTS OF EVERYONE ELSE.....

THATS IT WE HAVE HAD IT. I am going to be very very very transparent here and Im going to copy that formula and show you guys exactly what it is and that we can beat any price out there when we are talking apples to apples and oranges to oranges. If you want dirt cheap protein with skim milk and non dairy creamer in it (tastes great!) because all you care about is the bottom line price....IM GOING TO MAKE IT FOR YOU...and beat their pricing.....and Ill tell you exactly whats in it. The marketing of it? Im probably going to put "Not exactly the best protein you can ingest for yourself and for muscle gains but hey you only care about the price per pound so i made what everyone else is buying up all over the place and beat the price" next to the description.

No non dairy creamer protein shakes for me. I just wanna keep getting the real deal and sure am glad you offer it.

DC, thats a pretty long name for the new protein. Are you sure it will fit on the label? ;)

How can these other guys get away with that crap? I can see overstating the protein %, but having an entire class of protein and not putting it on the label is a totally different thing. They should be prosecuted by the big supp co's.

Dante, thanks for keeping prices lower for as long as you could. I used to buy the Recession whey way back when it was first introduced at $99. Those were the good ole days.

I'm going to keep buying from TP. Even with the price increase, you're still among the most cost efficient and obviously the quality is top notch.

To me, it's always crazy when you explain how the protein industry works. It's like the wild west with people cutting corners, jacking prices around, and doing absolutely anything for a quick buck. Unfortunately us consumers catch the brunt of it.

You'd think there would be more more companies that chose to dedicate themselves to just keeping it simple and making quality protein at a low price. To my knowledge, TP is the only one with that integrity and it's been a lifesaver for me for the past 5-6 years.

i have ordered from proteinfactory a couple times...... their isolate goes for 35-37 for 5 lbs in chocloate or vanilla.... it tatstes good and doesnt mess with my stomach like other chepo proteins do ... but is it optimal???? ... I HAVE NO CLUE

always wanted to order the recession whey.... is there any way to flavor it besides the "flavor packs" and if not..... how many packs would you need for say 50 lbs of protien.... that has been the only thing keeping me from purchasing from true protein....

I am currently on my 2nd barrel haha of the recession whey. Its fucking amazing man. I even work at a supplement store and i wont buy the crap here and i get it discounted.

Dont even worry about getting the taste packets man just slam the thing down after your workout its not that bad honestly with cold water thats what it taste like cold water.

I love true protein. I use their 5htp (fucken amazing stuff) the gaba, 3 a day iron free multi vitamin (the best i have ever used x1000) LBAS and of course the recession whey.

i always feel great when i place an order even though its cash out of my pocket i feel good knowing what i am getting it top fucken quality. Long live TP!

Dante, Please dont skimp out on us like your competitors are. lol. Your products are great and you will always have my support. Ive probably given you over 5k of my monies from freshman year of college until now. lol

i have ordered from proteinfactory a couple times...... their isolate goes for 35-37 for 5 lbs in chocloate or vanilla.... it tatstes good and doesnt mess with my stomach like other chepo proteins do ... but is it optimal???? ... I HAVE NO CLUE

always wanted to order the recession whey.... is there any way to flavor it besides the "flavor packs" and if not..... how many packs would you need for say 50 lbs of protien.... that has been the only thing keeping me from purchasing from true protein....

Honestly, you don't even need the flavor packs. I drink it unflavored and it just tastes like watered down milk. I actually prefer it to flavored protein. It mixes great too so you don't have to worry about clumps in your shaker cup.

Dante, Please dont skimp out on us like your competitors are. lol. Your products are great and you will always have my support. Ive probably given you over 5k of my monies from freshman year of college until now. lol

No no I will never skimp but im going to allow people to buy what they want....we made it yesterday...we copied it and it tastes incredible i have to say...my business partner said it is the best tasting protein he has ever tasted so maybe thats why it sells so much.

I can sell 5 pounds of it for probably 26 dollars....im going to be very transparent with it. We have been emailed so many times of why our prices arent as low as that (three letter) company....well here you go...I copied their product exactly....and the price is lower than theirs. Apples to apples Oranges to oranges.

You can eat 2 large chicken breasts and get 90-100 grams of protein.
If you eat enough chicken Mcnuggets (40 of them) you can also get 90-100 grams of protein along with all the unhealthiness that goes along with that.

For some reason people dont look at proteins that way.

If you take enough WPC you can equal the amount you are getting in if you take in a top notch WPI but when all is said and done nobody realizes you might have saved yourself money buying the WPI in the first place because you were able to use less.

With this protein above..its going to taste incredible and if you take enough of it you will be able to equal what a top quality WPI does.

It really not the way I do things (I like to go from A to B in the shortest route) but everybody and their brother are buying this stuff because "its so cheap and tastes awesome"....well then Im going to give people the option of buying it for even a cheaper price....thats what being a custom manufacturer allows me to do.

you could go with using crystal light other calorie/sugar free drink mixes.

Man fuck all the bullshit, I won't buy protein from any of these sheisters ever again. Sometimes when I'm low on funds or need something quicker than I can get it from CA I'll get some syntha 6, or myofusion, or ON. The syntha 6 TASTES FUCKING AMAZING, but I guess we all know why now huh? I can tell a difference though in how I feel day to day if I'm slamming three shakes of some other company vs. three WPI, or LBA's which is all I get from TP.

What is the best protein from TP then? They have so many options i dont know where to start; I'm only looking for straight protein. I don't want to get something that won't absorb well or is just a waste.

Last edited:

Regular flavor packs for 50 pounds you would need roughly 4 or 5
Premium flavor packs (taste alot better and are much more expensive for us to make) would need about 15 of them to flavor 50 pounds of protein (or 375 to 750 protein shakes depending on whether you use one or two scoops)

Hey DC, since we have a thread going about your TP products...
Is the stuff they make Pure Karbolyn out of something that you guys can produce or is it trademarked?
I'd like a pre/intra workout supp, with something like karbolyn, BCAA's, gultamine, creatine in it.

Dante,

Have you ever looked into making a product similar to Biotest's liquid flavoring? That is the only flavoring system I have ever used that masks the taste of ANYthing, even PeptoPro.

I'd pay a super-premium for a product like that.

Hey DC, since we have a thread going about your TP products...
Is the stuff they make Pure Karbolyn out of something that you guys can produce or is it trademarked?
I'd like a pre/intra workout supp, with something like karbolyn, BCAA's, gultamine, creatine in it.

Check out the powdered muscle or muscle powder i cant remember the name but its what you want.

THATS IT WE HAVE HAD IT. I am going to be very very very transparent here and Im going to copy that formula and show you guys exactly what it is and that we can beat any price out there when we are talking apples to apples and oranges to oranges. If you want dirt cheap protein with skim milk and non dairy creamer in it (tastes great!) because all you care about is the bottom line price....IM GOING TO MAKE IT FOR YOU...and beat their pricing.....and Ill tell you exactly whats in it. The marketing of it? Im probably going to put "Not exactly the best protein you can ingest for yourself and for muscle gains but hey you only care about the price per pound so i made what everyone else is buying up all over the place and beat the price" next to the description.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it. not worth it and besides your prices for the good stuff that you already make are great even with a small price bump. I really need to get me a discount code too....lol Everyone i send to you guys from the gym i train at i keep handing out discount codes of other members randomly...lol i probably got Phil H and and a few others around here a buttload of free protien.

Regular flavor packs for 50 pounds you would need roughly 4 or 5
Premium flavor packs (taste alot better and are much more expensive for us to make) would need about 15 of them to flavor 50 pounds of protein (or 375 to 750 protein shakes depending on whether you use one or two scoops)

So if I get a recession bag (25lbs) I would only need 3 premium flavor packs?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear