over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you still blast over age 40?

Depends on what a " blast" is... By today's diffinition IVE never blasted in my life lol... I run 175 mgs of test a week.. My last " blast just occurred with my trt at 175 mgs a week with 350 1 test CYP and 200 NPP ( mainly for my joints).. It went very well.. But even in my past I never went high on anything,,, just always made my feel like shit., I can say I've never went past 750 or maybe a gram combined Of anything .. My highest ( if memory serves) was 700 test and 400 EQ and that lasted literally three weeks and felt like hell...stopped and went to 400 test and just stayed there.. I'm 49 years old... Hold decent size ( had a three month layoff for knee replacement surgery and just been training a little over 6 weeks or so).. So any " blast " I may do is very " girly".. Next one months down the road would be primo at 500 mgs and Npp 200 mgs with my trt.. I can hold good size with low dose.. As for is it good for someone at our age to do it ? It depends on goals...

Look, many are not willing to roll over and play dead because of age.. There are numerous master competitors.. If you are competing then Id say the last 12 weeks before a show then you upp the amounts and do what Ya have to to compete ( as long as blood work was good previous to this ).. I'm not willing to blast huge amounts but I never have even much younger.. Shit scared me.. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel either... My paranoia has served me well.. Most of my year is just trt.. But i still have a ego and will up the amounts a few times a year.. My amounts make women's fitness competitors laugh but still makes the average guy say " dude your huge".. Which satisfy the ego for a bit 😜

Reactions: D2
55 next summer.
I dieted down to 210 from 225 then ran 1G of omnadrens, 1G of primo, and 700 NPP for 12 weeks this year. Orals only on workout days. I went back on TRT in late August sitting at 205. I trained hard four days a week with plenty of cardio.
I will say my body was ready to be done when I stopped the cycle. I am just now back to feeling good both physically and mentally.
I enjoyed how I looked but I think my body is telling not to blast anymore. Lol
The other thing that felt off for the first time in my 30 plus years in the gym is the way people looked at me.
I’m the veiny guy in the gym. You know me, every gym has at least one veiny guy. For whatever reason this cycle made my veins pop even more. For the first time I felt like a freak show. And not in a good way.
Too old to be a freak show.

i turned 48 on veterans day yesterday.
i went from my 150/wk trt to 250 3 weeks ago, some ip gear.
my strength levels are going up alot more than i thought they would, but im keeping reps 8-12 range and arms 12-15.
still, adding 10 pounds a week to every set seems like a dangerous thing to do, but since i can do it..i am. hell, i was adding weight every week even on 150 a week when i dropped the volume and added more frequency.
my question for the older blasters is, are u worried about those strength gains making u injury prone?
im not gonna go higher in reps cuz i get nothing from it, i only get size from 6-12 really. at this age i may just drop the test dose down to 200 which should put me around 1700 total test which is easily enuff to accomplish my goals in weight and size.
As for your question about the strength gains.....I follow more of a strength type of workout...Wendler Hybrid. 3 week progression of either weight or volume.

But I focus on feeling the muscle work most of all with good form. A lot of injuries come from trying to throw up heavier weight without your body being prepped or prepared for it.

If my form is excellent and I've set myself up correctly, then adding weight seems to take care of itself.

At that point when it feels too easy and I get outside of the rep range I am training that day, I up the weight slightly for the next workout cycle.

Doing it like this, I give my body 3 weeks to prepare for that last week where I do go heavy. If I set a new training max, then I adjust and my next 3 weeks are based off of that. So I'm not constantly blasting high weights, but am seeing consistent increases of the percentages of my working maximum.

This way has allowed me to currently be about 10-15 lbs behind my best lifts ever, and I weigh almost 25 lbs less than when I made those lifts.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Good thread... nice to see some old timers (not old guys lol) offering advice. For me, at 46 it’s all about performing at an optimal level. Feeling and looking great. Having a little advantage in the gym etc. And living strong.

Shit, on my low dose, I can still squat 315 for reps, bench 225 for 20 and run an 8min mile.

Trt, few iu’s GH maybe some primo/mast/ Anavar from time to time is all i need.

That mature, dense lean muscle and a well balanced body.. Is it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 60 and I've been training and juicing for over 30 years now.
I've tried every cycle theory known.I never go off test and deca,I also do drol and d-bol combined 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off non-stop.
I've done many test only cycles with 2 grams plus.But I would only do so for 8 weeks.

Reactions: D2
41. blast 2 times a year. get off completely 6 to 8 weeks a year NO PCT. On TRT 200 mg per week the rest of the time.

I do not do orals anymore but I do miss anadrol!!
I don't do tren for more than 6 weeks and no more than 50mg EOD
I keep the test on the low side at 350 mg max
I use more equipoise and masteron and works great for me
Not much deca or npp these days either
No more than 1.5 g per week combined when blasting

I will probably blast less and less in the near future, but honestly is hard to say goodbye to the size...

When cutting... I only use test and EQ most of the time... and leave the winstrol, tren, masteron, etc for the last 4 weeks...

Last edited:
No, my blood pressure goes through the roof and my belly bloat gets me looking like santa claus. And I have a hard time taking a piss. I had my 20's and 30's so not complaining. Every player eventually has to eventually hang up their jersey.

42. And yes. Nothing much has changed over the years except I can’t handle orals. Just started my biggest cycle ever. I’m not saying this is a good idea or recommend it to anyone. I keep a close eye on heath markers. When things start to go south I pull the plug and cruse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I align with most of the 'elderly' gentlemen on this thread. 200-250 mg test E and maybe I'll throw in Primo E or EQ as also low dosages. No more orals, no more Tren. I use HGH, its been causing a little too much bloat lately at 4-5 iu per day. Gonna take that down to 3 iu.

I also miss orals :yeahthat: I used to love being 2 weeks into my dbol and being WAY up on all my lifts. Lifts that three weeks ago had made my arms shake would go up like butter.

Last edited:
I will be 40 soon, side affects kick my ass now. I cant run any orals, always made me feel flat and shitty. these days 500 test, some mast and primo is all I can handle. right around 36-37 the sides started getting bad, just not worth it if you feel like shit

I'm also 39 and can't touch orals anymore. Even though I still try every once in awhile. But in amatter of days it destroys my stomach. Food will feel like it just sits in my stomach all day. I also feel sides now that I never got before. Like anxiety, I use to think anxiety was kind of over exaggerated. Until I started getting it when cycling. Lol now I have sympathy for anyone that deals with that crap on any level!

Old timer too.
I think we all agree that caution is the most important factor. I'm way over 50 lol, I cycled for 30 years, crazy shit in my youth. Now stay with TRT (200-250 Test 150-200 Deca EW) Recently added 2iu GH. Maybe twice a year I'll double everything for 8 weeks tops. Even then I feel like that is pushing it. I feel great at my age, don't want to drop dead. Heart disease is in my family big time. I get bloods and complete check up every 6 months. All my numbers are great.

Old timer too.
I think we all agree that caution is the most important factor. I'm way over 50 lol, I cycled for 30 years, crazy shit in my youth. Now stay with TRT (200-250 Test 150-200 Deca EW) Recently added 2iu GH. Maybe twice a year I'll double everything for 8 weeks tops. Even then I feel like that is pushing it. I feel great at my age, don't want to drop dead. Heart disease is in my family big time. I get bloods and complete check up every 6 months. All my numbers are great.
Good to see you posting graybass. I've been off the board awhile and just starting to see some familiar names pop up.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

46 here and still blast and cruise but my doses are way lower than they used to be. A cruise is 250 mg of test a week. For a blast I'll up it to 750 mg and throw in something else. For example right now it's 750 mg test a week with 300 mg tren a a week. When I use deca it's 400 mg, dbol 30 mg, var 40 mg, primo 400 mg and always run 2.5 iu GH a day. I don't touch drol anymore or EQ as it brings my hemocrit too high.

55 next summer.
I dieted down to 210 from 225 then ran 1G of omnadrens, 1G of primo, and 700 NPP for 12 weeks this year. Orals only on workout days. I went back on TRT in late August sitting at 205. I trained hard four days a week with plenty of cardio.
I will say my body was ready to be done when I stopped the cycle. I am just now back to feeling good both physically and mentally.
I enjoyed how I looked but I think my body is telling not to blast anymore. Lol
The other thing that felt off for the first time in my 30 plus years in the gym is the way people looked at me.
I’m the veiny guy in the gym. You know me, every gym has at least one veiny guy. For whatever reason this cycle made my veins pop even more. For the first time I felt like a freak show. And not in a good way.
Too old to be a freak show.

Maybe the next blast just lower the disages in half.. It would still be a substantial amount of Anabolics to make good gains and would probably feel better..

Not sure exactly what to say here. About to turn 59. On TRT+ since 40.

Bucket list has me doing 1 masters show when I'm 60, so yes I'm blasting and cruising. Why- cause I want to. Although I do limit the duration of the blasts these days.

However, I won't hesitate to hit the abort button if necessary.

To quote Jimmy Buffett- I'd rather die when I'm living than live while I'm dead.

Are you satisfied with your TRT dosage or do you still cruise and blast? My TRT is dose 160(I upped to 200 recently)and may combine with 2iu GH. I'm thinking of one last blast in Jan of 500 mg Test, 400mg EQ and 50 mg Var (leftover). After this it's just low dose Test and GH.

While TRT has been show to be very beneficial as we age, older men do have slower clearance rates for drugs so larger amounts of drug can easily lead to unwanted side effects. So lower doses are just as effective. I personally would stay away from high dose blasting and instead add more anabolic steroids to your regiment. Keep your TRT dose of testosterone constant and add thing like winstrol, var, masterone, primabolin, deca etc when you blast. Make sure you get tested pretty regularly is you add equipoise.

I am 61 now, been on steroids since 1980. Just had blood work done last week and everything was very normal including blood glucose, and blood pressure (106/48). My t reading was 776ng/dl with 1200mg of testosterone undeconate/month. This comes out to about 176mg (no ester)/wk/ When I blast I use 25mg/d of winstrol oral and 30mg tren 3, sub q 3 x wk. I get very good results and it does not upset my blood work.

Last edited:
300 deca 350 test for 20 weeks. No sides, still keeping gain. Max test was 2300. Currently back to trt & 4 iu for 80 days.
45 yrs

Funny, I'm 47 and I use more now than I did in my 20s and 30s
I stay on atleast 300 test year round and add tren twice a year along with other goodies.
Right now on weekly 600 cyp 150 prop 450 NPP 50mg winny a day
I take all necessary precautions as far as meds and supps

Get BW every 3 months

Funny, I'm 47 and I use more now than I did in my 20s and 30s
I stay on atleast 300 test year round and add tren twice a year along with other goodies.
Right now on weekly 600 cyp 150 prop 450 NPP 50mg winny a day
I take all necessary precautions as far as meds and supps

Get BW every 3 months

And OBV everything is still in range at these dosages?

Incld LDL/HDL?

Thx
Chip

48, been training since I was 18
Now on 200mg parabolan EW
600mg test e EW
600 mg deca EW
Started August 6th

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads