mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you use protein powder? Yes? No? Why?

2 scoops of casien before bed, used to use optimum but the vitamin shoppe brand is about a third the cost so use that, hopefully it's decent quality a search didn't yield any info saying it isn't. Mix with Greek yogurt, cinnamon, strawberry to make a pudding.
optimum makes body tech, it is the same protein

Atm i am using 2 scoops a day of beef protein from Yamamoto because I am lactose intolerant.... Maybe those are a scam but I digest them really well...

Same here but I use blueberry. For some reason I thought u would say vanilla or something like that because of the strawberry but if blueberry goes w chocolate strawberry does too!
One thing I've found is fruit goes with everything, cinnamon too lol. Egg whites microwaved, mushrooms covered in cinnamon microwaved, toss a chopped banana and scoop of pbfit, that's heaven in a bowl. When cutting strawberries are a life saver. Chocolate casien and eggwhites mixed with riced cauliflower as oatmeal is a favorite too. Don't use blueberries they are a little more expensive lol

I love whey isolate, I have 1 maybe even 2 shakes a day (mixed with whole food)

beef protein is dog shit, it is almost always collagen and gelatin and has poor at best bioavailability

Carnivor is hydrolyzed. The label reads "BPI (Hydrolyzed Beef Protein Isolate)".

So if it's hydrolyzed doesnt that mean its broken down amino acids and peptides etc?

So where are we getting this "unabsorbable" talk form?

Yes I use protein powder. Why, because Muscle and Fitness told me to back in 96. Its Joe Weider's body building principle #4745.

Carnivor is hydrolyzed. The label reads "BPI (Hydrolyzed Beef Protein Isolate)".

So if it's hydrolyzed doesnt that mean its broken down amino acids and peptides etc?

So where are we getting this "unabsorbable" talk form?
No, it does not mean that

Hydrolyzed beef protein isolate refers to collagen, connective tissues, ears, hooves etc...aka "cow parts". It is not powdered lean beef meat, that is a common misconception. It is like a powdered hot dog? Would you consider hot dogs to be a quality source of protein for a bodybuilder? Not only that, but things like collagen and connective tissues have poor bioavailability. It has also significantly less leucine content than way. It is better than nothing, but it is inferior to whey, egg, and milk protein

Hydrolyzed beef protein isolate refers to collagen, connective tissues, ears, hooves etc...aka "cow parts". It is not powdered lean beef meat, that is a common misconception. It is like a powdered hot dog? Would you consider hot dogs to be a quality source of protein for a bodybuilder? Not only that, but things like collagen and connective tissues have poor bioavailability. It has also significantly less leucine content than way. It is better than nothing, but it is inferior to whey, egg, and milk protein

Hopefully Dante @DOGGCRAPP - someone who is actually in the industry can opine and elaborate

Hopefully Dante @DOGGCRAPP - someone who is actually in the industry can opine and elaborate
Hey brother, what exactly is it that you are wanting to know?

Beef Protein Isolate is different than Hydrolyzed beef protein, which is collagen. Collagen is more for the skin, nails, and hair, etc. It 'may' be useful, long-term, in connective tissues. There are a lot of untrustworthy companies out there, but TN is one i'd trust, and the one I use, personally. Dante had stated here in the past that both Whey Isolate and BPI have their own benefits, and instead of it being an either/or situation, he summoned that using both together would be ideal. I do know that some guys had GI issues with BPI (diarrhea) for whatever reason. I did as well if I had more than 1 scoop at a time. I have no real issues with Whey, and it's cheaper, or was, so i just bought bulk in that rather than mixing them. BPI has a distinct taste so it is hard to really use it with anything outside of chocolate or chocolate-coconut.

Here are a few posts by Dante:

Hey brother, what exactly is it that you are wanting to know?

Beef Protein Isolate is different than Hydrolyzed beef protein, which is collagen. Collagen is more for the skin, nails, and hair, etc. It 'may' be useful, long-term, in connective tissues. There are a lot of untrustworthy companies out there, but TN is one i'd trust, and the one I use, personally. Dante had stated here in the past that both Whey Isolate and BPI have their own benefits, and instead of it being an either/or situation, he summoned that using both together would be ideal. I do know that some guys had GI issues with BPI (diarrhea) for whatever reason. I did as well if I had more than 1 scoop at a time. I have no real issues with Whey, and it's cheaper, or was, so i just bought bulk in that rather than mixing them. BPI has a distinct taste so it is hard to really use it with anything outside of chocolate or chocolate-coconut.

Here are a few posts by Dante:

I’m getting spoiled here Ty bro

I’m starting the semaglutide today, so I plan on having protein shakes be a big part of my diet

So I ordered a good amount of beef protein isolate from TN

Got 10lbs if it

With another 10lbs of 50/50 whey isolate BPI

Glad to know that I didn’t buy garbage

I’m getting spoiled here Ty bro

I’m starting the semaglutide today, so I plan on having protein shakes be a big part of my diet

So I ordered a good amount of beef protein isolate from TN

Got 10lbs if it

With another 10lbs of 50/50 whey isolate BPI

Glad to know that I didn’t buy garbage

I'd probably ease into the amount of it that you use until you know how it works for you. Not everybody got the shits from it, but I know some who did. When they first started selling BPI at TN, I believe it was still True Protein at the time, they first used it in broths and soups. They stopped selling all that and just started selling it straight powder. Most people liked the Choco-coconut flavor with it.

If I had it, i'd still use it, but I just do really well with whey. I actually do very well with whey concentrate and save a few dollars, lol.

Let us know how it works out for you!:)

Yes! 2 scoops a day every day. It’s purely out of convenience because I don’t always have time to eat a full meal or cook. Nothing beats the speed and convenience of a protein shake. I also get sick of the usual animal proteins so it’s a nice treat through the day.

Not to be a dick, but this is the most insane comment I’ve read all day. All 3 of those, in good amounts, make people fuckin huge. Anything discrediting them is ignorant and just plain wrong.

Also, high protein diets are absolutely fine for kidney health and have been shown to be fine through several studies. Now if you have prior kidney issues/problems, then that’s another story…but you are just spewing out ridiculous info in your post. And I’m giving it to you in the nicest way possible.
slow down big guy, I said "over compensated". If you disagree with me then fine, but you can't tell me that a 160lb guy needs 350g of protein and 3grams of gear to grow. You can't tell me there isn't a threshold that if crossed will cause more harm than good with steroid doses, the same as adding weight to the bar does not help if your breaking form to do so. maybe go back and re read the post.

You can show me all the studies you want, i've pulled bloods on and off of a high protein diets and they were was most definitely a difference in my BUN levels. I wasn't training either at the time, when they came in lower which could have played a factor idk.

wut? Even if we removed the drug component from the conversation....resistance training, and protein are essentially the cornerstones of building muscle. They are not "over compensated" they are bodybuilding.
no shit, but if there wasn't diminishing returns with protein intake. Everyone would be fucking huge. Over compensated means TOO MUCH

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws