advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Frequent ejaculation cause downregulation of androgen receptors?

yousef12O

Registered
Newbies
I keep reading on the Nofap and Semen retention subreddits that frequent ejaculation (masturbating and having sex on a daily basis) downregulate the androgen receptors, and I saw an interview of Ronnie Coleman saying semen retention makes a big difference in training (
).
( https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23707935/ ) , this is a study on male mandarin voles.
( https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/99250 ) , this is a study on rats.

Ironically, although testosterone deficiency can cause problems with sexual desire and performance, having sex can actually increase your testosterone production. If you are having sex very infrequently this is likely to reduce your testosterone levels. (Thanks Google)
I remember learning this in college biology.

I am just making a research on why does some people respond badly to gear, why do some people have bad androgen receptor sensitivity, because at the end of the day we are all humans, different structures sure,but we have the same organs and the same chemistry, I know that taking gear by itself would cause androgen receptor upregulation, Taking injectable L-carnitine would, fasting would as well.
"A 2007 study on rats found that frequent masturbation lowered androgen receptors in the brain. Androgen receptors help the body use testosterone. Meanwhile, another 2007 study on rats showed that frequent masturbation increased estrogen receptor density".
I know that rats and humans are not the same but why do some people respond better to gear better than others given that they train very intensely, good diet, same starting point, yet they have different results, people always say "genetics", what exactly do they mean by that, that's what I want to know.

I am just making a research on why does some people respond badly to gear, why do some people have bad androgen receptor sensitivity, because at the end of the day we are all humans, different structures sure,but we have the same organs and the same chemistry, I know that taking gear by itself would cause androgen receptor upregulation, Taking injectable L-carnitine would, fasting would as well.
"A 2007 study on rats found that frequent masturbation lowered androgen receptors in the brain. Androgen receptors help the body use testosterone. Meanwhile, another 2007 study on rats showed that frequent masturbation increased estrogen receptor density".
I know that rats and humans are not the same but why do some people respond better to gear better than others given that they train very intensely, good diet, same starting point, yet they have different results, people always say "genetics", what exactly do they mean by that, that's what I want to know.
Thats easy, its not bad androgen sensitivity its shitty metabolizing.

I don't see once a day having any real detrimental effects. Now if some one is going at it 5-10+ times a day then there may be some down side there. But that could be from many factors.

Who the fuck masturbates rats....

You got sucked into incel shit dude. Run and GTFO. They will try to convince you of all sorts of BS to push their agenda. Don't want to say more as I fear this is breaking rules...

You got sucked into incel shit dude. Run and GTFO. They will try to convince you of all sorts of BS to push their agenda. Don't want to say more as I fear this is breaking rules...
I get what you're saying man, a lot of them are weak betas, but I thought those studies are interesting and that's it

Who needs weights , training, sleep and diet. The reddit approach is much more effective

1. Pre workout drink 30 ingredients and above
2. Undulating voluminous reps in reserve training
3. Abstinence from jerking off

Who needs weights , training, sleep and diet. The reddit approach is much more effective

1. Pre workout drink 30 ingredients and above
2. Undulating voluminous reps in reserve training
3. Abstinence from jerking off
I know most of the reddit guys are full of shit, but the question is why are some people better responders to gear than others, is it because of more sensitive androgen receptors or is it something else?

I know most of the reddit guys are full of shit, but the question is why are some people better responders to gear than others, is it because of more sensitive androgen receptors or is it something else?
Not sure. My personal opinion, the guys who respond well to training in general also respond better to gear.

A guy who blows up when he first starts training will probably blow up even more on gear.

A guy who trains hard and still looks like crap probably won't gain much from aas.

It's just genetics not sure what underlying scientific level reasoning there is. I'd guess receptors like you said, naturally sensitive to insulin, fast metabolism, high natural igf levels, maybe fiber type?

I keep reading on the Nofap and Semen retention subreddits that frequent ejaculation (masturbating and having sex on a daily basis) downregulate the androgen receptors, and I saw an interview of Ronnie Coleman saying semen retention makes a big difference in training (
).
( https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23707935/ ) , this is a study on male mandarin voles.
( https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/99250 ) , this is a study on rats.
I think Ronnie has like 11 kids.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311