over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dress Shirt

halflife

Registered
Hey Fellas!

I have an event this Saturday that I need to wear a dress shirt and tie to. The only problem is I have 19.5" neck (I can fit in a 19) and my arm length is only 32/33 (I'm 5'6") - and my waist is way under 33.

I see these custom sites online but it would take to long for them to custom cut it for me. Amazon & Ebay didn't have anything that would fit my neck and arms AND not be above 50" waist.

I went to JCPennies, Maceys, and a big&tall place around here. No luck.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that would work by Saturday. I know I won't find the perfect waist and length of arm but I'm hoping to find something that is at least somewhat presentable.

Thanks!
Dave

Last edited:
Big and Tall Stores

Hey Fellas!

I have an event this Saturday that I need to wear a dress shirt and tie to. The only problem is I have 19.5" neck (I can fit in a 19) and my arm length is only 22/23 (I'm 5'6") - and my waist is way under 33.

I see these custom sites online but it would take to long for them to custom cut it for me. Amazon & Ebay didn't have anything that would fit my neck and arms AND not be above 50" waist.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that would work by Saturday. I know I won't find the perfect waist and length of arm but I'm hoping to find something that is at least somewhat presentable.

Thanks!
Dave

Since it is short notice I would recommend going to a Big and Tall store or something of that type. They should have someting for your (lack of a...lol) neck and probably something for your arms as well. If you get the neck squared away even if the arms aren't quite right you can always fold over the sleeves.

I have to have all mine tailored to fit and dont know any place that has every come close to fitting right.

Hey Fellas!

I have an event this Saturday that I need to wear a dress shirt and tie to. The only problem is I have 19.5" neck (I can fit in a 19) and my arm length is only 22/23 (I'm 5'6") - and my waist is way under 33.

Not sure if that sleeve length is accurate. I am 5'7" and due to extra muscle in my chest and shoulders, I required a 33/34 sleeve. Sleeve length is measured from neck, not shoulder. Van Huesen has a "fitted" dress shirt that I love. Somewhat hard to find, but it tapers down nicely and its usually on $20. Haven't seen a 19" neck though. I buy 17's and I have seen 18, but nothing higher.

Hey Fellas!

Thanks!
Dave

Try a local custom suit tailor in your area and see if the can help.

You can't be right about that sleeve length. As stated, it's measured from the neck, so shoulder width will add a lot to it. I'll bet you can wear at least a 32" or something close. I take a 19" X 37". I can usually get a basic white, echru, or light blue at a department store. A lot of dry cleaners do alterations; that's where I go to get the waist taken in. If you take it in early in the week, they can often get it back to you in a couple of days.
It's good to have a couple of dress shirts and a basic suit (maybe a navy or charcoal grey pinstripe) that fit really well for job interviews or special occasions.

Buy whatever shirt that fits you the best and take it to a tailor and have "darts" put in it. My grandma puts darts in all my shirts still to this day. :D

Beat me to it -- there's your answer right there.

Buy whatever shirt that fits you the best and take it to a tailor and have "darts" put in it. My grandma puts darts in all my shirts still to this day. :D

Call Kaufmans in Denver Co they will have it and if they dont they will know someone who will... Have them ship it to you.. You will have it in a couple days.. Best place i have ever bought clothes... Im an 18 1/2 41-42

I actually got some great custom shirts from mens warehouse. They were ready in 2 days and not bad on price, 60 or 70 bucks I think.

This is no big deal, buy a shirt with a fitting neck. Cuffs can be shortened if necessary and any seamstress/alterations place can bring the waist in. This is your best option with your turn around time. Custom shirts are great, but rarely perfect the first time, especially mail order. Buy something decent and get the sides brought in.

I actually got some great custom shirts from mens warehouse. They were ready in 2 days and not bad on price, 60 or 70 bucks I think.

ME TOO...although i wear the same shop clothes as my employees most of the time. When i travel for business Men's Warehouse has always done fine by me and can get them ready fast.

Consider yourself lucky only needing one shirt and not having to wear a suit and tie everyday...trust me! LOL

Thanks for all the input fellas!
I'm going to go to men's warehouse. And if that doesn't work out I'll go get a shirt that fits my neck and get it tailored quickly.
Thanks again!

NO!

Don't screw around with tailoring a shirt. Have em custom made. Find a custom tailor in your city (or nearest large city).

I own at least 30 dress shirts, all custom made and they look fantastic.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear