over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw Trains With Dante Trudel

He did the official relaunch back in the spring, but it didn't really take.

How come you were banned? I remember your Dexter Jackson Ninja Turtle avatar.

Wow, you remember that? :ROFLMAO: Honestly, I was kind of a hothead and there wasn't room enough room on one board for mine AND Skips sarcasm, so I just asked to be banned to spare Skip and the mods some headache because I was getting bored and wanting to be a dick. Skip and I liked each other but I was really getting on his nerves...

Awesome! I have done db bench with that reverse grip, or as much as my wrists allow and it does seem to work triceps well. I try to drive elbows to my sides and seems to work pretty good or at least I feel it. I like to use as superset as the second exercise with a type of push down as the first.

Both Dusty and Matt seem to only do partial reps compared to Dante....was there a reason for that?

Wow. Brings back memories of that old pit. It’s been a hot minute since I stepped foot in there. I had no idea that Mr. Free was friendly with those guys. I gotta say I’m impressed. Very cool video.

Both Dusty and Matt seem to only do partial reps compared to Dante....was there a reason for that?

I didnt really screw with their form much on that simply because Matt has had a terrible pec tear from doing heavy flat bench presses years ago and has some serious limitations there, and Dusty has that tricky reconstructed shoulder (it was a pretty major surgery) from his prior career in the minor leagues of pro hockey where he also has limitations on range of movement...so i just let them go with what they were comfortable with

I didnt really screw with their form much on that simply because Matt has had a terrible pec tear from doing heavy flat bench presses years ago and has some serious limitations there, and Dusty has that tricky reconstructed shoulder (it was a pretty major surgery) from his prior career in the minor leagues of pro hockey where he also has limitations on range of movement...so i just let them go with what they were comfortable with

Thanks! I was wondering if that was the reason why, and it makes sense. Injuries suck:(

Was that a chest, delt, tri workout? (so rear and side delts together?)
Or just an amalgamation of different exercises?
Thanks.

Was that a chest, delt, tri workout? (so rear and side delts together?)
Or just an amalgamation of different exercises?
Thanks.

That was seriously all shot over about 4 hours and I just wanted to show him different exercises for virtually every bodypart that he has never done before.....some he will chuck in the trash, some he will use, and some he will tweak to his liking.....every time he comes over here we go thru one of these workouts where i just show him some different movements that he can try out. Those guys were spent at the end of it...we did every single bodypart LOL

@DOGGCRAPP Aight bro, I'm bout to turn this into a unique exercise thread. You game?

I'm starting with one you're already aware of and I learned from Justin Harris, I'll call it a low cable row. You're in front of the cable row, seated. You're using the double rope attachment or whatever gives similar positioning. You're pulling with lats and rear delts, inwards. Emphasize stretch.

That was seriously all shot over about 4 hours and I just wanted to show him different exercises for virtually every bodypart that he has never done before.....some he will chuck in the trash, some he will use, and some he will tweak to his liking.....every time he comes over here we go thru one of these workouts where i just show him some different movements that he can try out. Those guys were spent at the end of it...we did every single bodypart LOL

thanks for the clarification.

@DOGGCRAPP Aight bro, I'm bout to turn this into a unique exercise thread. You game?

I'm starting with one you're already aware of and I learned from Justin Harris, I'll call it a low cable row. You're in front of the cable row, seated. You're using the double rope attachment or whatever gives similar positioning. You're pulling with lats and rear delts, inwards. Emphasize stretch.

I taught Justin those. There are a quite a few variations you can do with it

I regret abandoning these some years ago..although a lot of my life endeavors shifted but that's a poor excuse for something so effective. You don't need to be in a sauced off season or contest prep for these to be effective. I taught this move to many people over the years and it crippled and amazed every one of them after they did it the first time. I can say the same for myself..as the width and back detail it brought in when I was large and lean were second to none. It's pretty amazing how an exercise like this makes the muscle seemingly stretch and grow/expand like seemingly nothing else.

I taught Justin those. There are a quite a few variations you can do with it

Yessir, that's them...only remember them from him demonstrating for about ten seconds on an old elitefts vid and I've been doing them ever since. They're awesome as a stretch under load at the end of a lat session, I believe lats respond especially well to this type of stimuli Hams and triceps are two more muscle groups where I really believe in stretch under load.

Yea i dont at all. I got incredibly popular from 1999 to 2009 and it was a major pain in the ass. I know this seems weird in the bodybuilding industry where everyone wants to be "known/famous" and they will sell their soul to the devil to make it happen.....but that isn't me. I am just a very private person who likes helping people who are at plateaus, likes to keep fellow bodybuilders healthy but really doesn't like what goes with being "popular". I hate to say this part publicly but this sport has a tremendous amount of people who enter it who are horribly unhappy with themselves...it is what it is...they come in insecure and not liking themselves and the more they cannot attain certain goals the more they hate and get bitter toward others.....that mindset lends itself to just a huge bunch of people in this endeavor who love to shit talk everyone else. I just dont get into that stuff personally. I am also into cars (60's/70's muscle cars most of the time)....the huge difference in the bodybuilding arena and the car show arena couldnt be more night and day. Bodybuilding= I hate that fucking guy/girl because I am jealous of his popularity/physique/achievements etc ... The car show and car arena = "Awesome car man, wow how did you fit that supercharger under the stock hood, that looks great!".....its almost comical how different it is.

So i just keep a tight circle of friends who have been friends for a long time. I am a family guy and loves his wife and kids....and I leave the "social media craziness" to other people who like all that goes with it (good and bad).
do they even make a creeper to hold your ass? Been a long time fan of yours since I started in BB. Matt and I have been friends for prob 15 years now (god I feel old thinking back). Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for all the actual useful info you have put out to help without a hidden agenda. You are one of the very few I admire in this industry (for similar reasons as you posted above. I cant handle the bulk of peoples shit and putting each other down). You and MountainDog have taught me so much and yet I feel I havent scratched the surface.
Would you ever consider writing a book with your knowledge and info you have acquired, researched, developed, and implemented over the years? That would be something I would buy in a heartbeat.

Love this answer, this is completely different than seeing guys "cheating" to simply add lbs to the bar. That is something you see all the time. Instead, I believe the body will tell you exactly what it can and cannot do. I can still get DEEEEP on squats. I don't have probs with deads. But, overhead press tears apart my delts and believe it or not, DB is the worst. Smith is a bit easier and most machines are semi-ok. I am 52 now and been in the gym since 1984. I really listen to my body and I am glad to see a guy like Dante, one of the biggest names in the sport, allows his athletes to do the same. I find continued progress and/or longevity is all about listening to your body and finding work arounds.

That rack dead, if you take your feet in closer to the pulley, toes pointing wherever but preferably pretty close together, it can become a very effective cable squat, as well. Most guys don't have machines that hold that much, though, so you're mostly relegated to high reps with those at the end of a quads session

@DOGGCRAPP, Dante...client is doing 3-way split 4x a week. Lagging hamstrings. You have 12 weeks to bring them up...what’s your plan?

Added leg curls on back/bi day?

I touched on this in a different post about VOLUME. One consistent I see, regardless on where someone stands on the importance of volume, is guys always target lagging body parts with MORE volume. It can be disguised under more frequency (like this example of adding some leg curls on an upper body pull day). But, at the end of the week, MORE volume has been added. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with it. It seems to make sense when something is lagging you do more to bring it up. I just find it interesting that even guys who don't see as much value in volume (compared to other factors), generally fall back to adding volume when something is not responding.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws