over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Effective progressive overload methods for advanced

What is the definition of "CG" here? Cluster grouped comes to mind, but I don't think so, you'd have set cluster set I think; and you're referring to exercise selection more than methods of overload/intensification. CGBP means "CG" bench press?
I’ve found hammer curls on a ez curl bench to be total arm builders, forearm belly, brachai, and both bi heads. I always did regular curls on it. I met this 57 year old dude, we train at a gym with a lot of college kids, so we r the monsters and this dude bench presses 405 the way I press 225, so we bullshit trade ideas. He’s a powerlifter I’m actually considerably bigger-but his arms. I watched him a little and he did like 5 sets of these each arm to failure and I started doing them and holy fuck! The pump, quick growth, and grip strength just shot up and I’m sore every time I do them which is telling in and of itself. I know it’s a lil drift but my two cents

I’ve found hammer curls on a ez curl bench to be total arm builders, forearm belly, brachai, and both bi heads. I always did regular curls on it. I met this 57 year old dude, we train at a gym with a lot of college kids, so we r the monsters and this dude bench presses 405 the way I press 225, so we bullshit trade ideas. He’s a powerlifter I’m actually considerably bigger-but his arms. I watched him a little and he did like 5 sets of these each arm to failure and I started doing them and holy fuck! The pump, quick growth, and grip strength just shot up and I’m sore every time I do them which is telling in and of itself. I know it’s a lil drift but my two cents
what are hammer curls on ez curl bench? you mean on the preacher curl bench right?

Always thought hammers hit the forearm so didn't do them...per the rich Piana feeder set thread started doing high rep light weight and they pump like nothing else even at moderate reps.

I almost wonder if they are the best exercise to grow the bicep even though many use em for firearms

The vertical side (called spider curls, another fav of Scott, and another bench, not preacher, which I saw at Vince’s before it was sold) or the incline side which I would avoid like the plague, but hey some folks love it but I look at it as an accident waiting to happen. I have seen more than one biceps torn off the bone by using it . . . probably improperly (think momentum) but still, toooo much stress on the lower biceps for me.

Some have both in the same piece of equipment and but refer to both as the same 😉 Not saying you are.

I trade some ideas with an older guy, an institution at my gym in a way, that still benches 465 lb in his sixties. He was about a 560 lb bencher lifelong drug-free when he was young, but tore his triceps doing weighted dips, which was devastating not only physically, but because he regarded that exercise as vital for increasing the bench press. He now does a lot of Z-pressing, various close grip variations including heavy JM press. He told me once about his adding 110 lb in 6 weeks to his already fairly strong deadlift by doing isometric pulls into pins from the top down. Interesting. At his age, 5/3/1 is very effective as his medium-term method for load progression, always emphasising the bench press, but concerned with total body general strength/hypertrophy.

I trade some ideas with an older guy, an institution at my gym in a way, that still benches 465 lb in his sixties. He was about a 560 lb bencher lifelong drug-free when he was young, but tore his triceps doing weighted dips, which was devastating not only physically, but because he regarded that exercise as vital for increasing the bench press. He now does a lot of Z-pressing, various close grip variations including heavy JM press. He told me once about his adding 110 lb in 6 weeks to his already fairly strong deadlift by doing isometric pulls into pins from the top down. Interesting. At his age, 5/3/1 is very effective as his medium-term method for load progression, always emphasising the bench press, but concerned with total body general strength/hypertrophy.
Yea the older cats still grinding know their shit. Fuck 4/5ths the guys I was competing with in my 20s are beer drinking non lifters. It’s really sad but most can’t keep grinding I don’t know why. Without the gym I’m adrift as fuck

Random question figure it fits this thread..

The original rest pause technique a form of myo rep is taken to failure. But now I see all these other types of myo reps being studied and promoted, but everyone insists they are not taken to failure.

Seems odd. I guess people are worried about "overtraining" but myo reps are usually reccomend for smaller muscles, isolation type exercises. Hard to see how taking some spider curls or y raises will "fry the cns" and cut into recovery lol.

I always take them to failure seems like I'm the only one.

Random question figure it fits this thread..

The original rest pause technique a form of myo rep is taken to failure. But now I see all these other types of myo reps being studied and promoted, but everyone insists they are not taken to failure.

Seems odd. I guess people are worried about "overtraining" but myo reps are usually reccomend for smaller muscles, isolation type exercises. Hard to see how taking some spider curls or y raises will "fry the cns" and cut into recovery lol.

I always take them to failure seems like I'm the only one.
I think or RP as in DC with the three failure points.........
Then there's Muscle Rounds as in Fortitude with 6 sets of 4 trying to hit failure only one time somewhere within the back half of those 6 sets and then lighten the load to complete the 6 sets but not hitting failure again.
Then there's the Ultimate Growth myo reps that are sets of 4 until you hit failure somewhere down the line.

I honestly think they're pretty interchangeable, all can work, and the best will be the one you enjoy. I like DC but at my age tend to get beat up more, I'm currently doing Fortitude and love the MR's as they seem to be a little less taxing on my recovery. I've never done the actual Myo reps as I've read described.

The vertical side (called spider curls, another fav of Scott, and another bench, not preacher, which I saw at Vince’s before it was sold) or the incline side which I would avoid like the plague, but hey some folks love it but I look at it as an accident waiting to happen. I have seen more than one biceps torn off the bone by using it . . . probably improperly (think momentum) but still, toooo much stress on the lower biceps for me.

Some have both in the same piece of equipment and but refer to both as the same 😉 Not saying you are.
A year ago I had a distal biceps tear at the elbow. Biceps rolled up to my shoulder, hurt like a SOB, bruising, swelling etc. This was NOT caused by lifting. I had surgery and decided to focus on hammer curls once I was cleared to lift. So one day I was doing hammer curls using an "arm blaster" which is similar to using a preacher/spider bench. It locks your elbows down. I was only using 35 lb dumbbells and as the set became more challenging I felt a sharp PINCH on my OTHER biceps. I discontinued the exercise and finished my workout, pain free. Later, I noticed I had a PROXIMAL biceps tear (different arm than the one I had surgery on). There was no bruising, swelling or pain (other than the initial pinch). But now I have a flat spot where the biceps long head is no longer attached at the shoulder. The short head is still attached. It looks weird but I am not having surgery this time. It still functions fine, but I am very gun shy of pushing biceps exercises close to failure. Depressing.

I think or RP as in DC with the three failure points.........
Then there's Muscle Rounds as in Fortitude with 6 sets of 4 trying to hit failure only one time somewhere within the back half of those 6 sets and then lighten the load to complete the 6 sets but not hitting failure again.
Then there's the Ultimate Growth myo reps that are sets of 4 until you hit failure somewhere down the line.

I honestly think they're pretty interchangeable, all can work, and the best will be the one you enjoy. I like DC but at my age tend to get beat up more, I'm currently doing Fortitude and love the MR's as they seem to be a little less taxing on my recovery. I've never done the actual Myo reps as I've read described.
What's the rest period between those sets?

What's the rest period between those sets?
For the DC rest pause I do 20 seconds, for Muscle Rounds I do 5 deep breaths, I've never done Myo reps but I believe it's 10 seconds between sets..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131