over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

egg yolk heating advice

I sometimes cook my eggs in PAM nonstick spray to avoid cals. Thats ok right? (medium low heat.... like 4-5/10 on heat scale)
good thread

You couldn't pay me to use Pam oil spray.

Hey Big Chef, Happy New Year. Great questions..

I am not sure what temp of egg is when I cook...?

As far as the yolk goes..man I looked and looked and found every opinion ranging from you should only eat raw to eat them howevr at whatever temperature. We do know that at some point, the yolk does oxidize, and most would agree that is from cooking beyond medium heat, the oxygen part to me applies more to like eggs sitting out exposed to air all day at a buffet...I don't think u have to worry there.

I havent heard to much about oils causing allergies, but definitely alot with protein drinks and protein foods, especially eggs. Serrano is always on my ass to change the way I am cooking my eggs and to change the type of protein drinks so this doesnt happen. I run into people in his office on occasion that have developed some allergies. For protein drinks I get a couple different kinds from trueprotein - whey isolate CSM, pea protein, and whey isolate cold micro.

I rotate the cooking oils just to get benefits of saturates and monos. Hey Def DO NOT cook in flaxseed oil...very unstable poly under heat..any poly is bad to cook with..that is a big part of what is causing heart disease and cancer these days..all the crappy rancid corn oil that gos into food...

Stick with saturates like palm, coconut, and butter and monos like avocado and macadamia nut oil for your cooking!

JM

Hey Big Fella, Happy New Year John. Thanks for the reply mate. I have always learn something from your threads and post. I will have to get some Coconut Oil and other Saturates oil but I have been using Sunflower Oil.
I always buy Free Range Eggs. Have you ever try Corn fed Chicken? What you think about those?
I work in the Kosher Kitchen and the Kosher Meat taste different to normal Meat. They say the blood of an animal can cause Cancer and Heart Disease etc? I was curious about that.

Egg yolks are loaded with biotin, some of the highest found in nature. This will offset the avidin effect. If your hydrochloric acid levels are high and your gall bladder is functioning properly, over 90% of the raw egg will be digested. I take over a dozen a day and have zero gas and am gaining muscle very easily, and I'm natural.

Exactly - you only have to worry if you are eating only raw egg whites..

JM

Egg yolks are loaded with biotin, some of the highest found in nature. This will offset the avidin effect. If your hydrochloric acid levels are high and your gall bladder is functioning properly, over 90% of the raw egg will be digested. I take over a dozen a day and have zero gas and am gaining muscle very easily, and I'm natural.

Where did the idea that raw eggs do not digest well come from? Doesn't cooking gives us more absorption of the protein?

John, so are you a fan of cooking the whites and eating the yolks raw?

Where did the idea that raw eggs do not digest well come from? Doesn't cooking gives us more absorption of the protein?

Studies such as this

**broken link removed**

I don't know where kingpeon got his figure of 90% digested and I don't know how many have "high hydrochloric acid levels" and how many have malfunctioning gallbladders. That study seems to say digestibility is dramatically lower in raw vs cooked eggs in healthy subjects. I mean, digestibility cut by 50% is dramatic. :eek:

Studies such as this

**broken link removed**

I don't know where kingpeon got his figure of 90% digested and I don't know how many have "high hydrochloric acid levels" and how many have malfunctioning gallbladders. That study seems to say digestibility is dramatically lower in raw vs cooked eggs in healthy subjects. I mean, digestibility cut by 50% is dramatic. :eek:

very flawed study

the problem with that study is that the egg protein was separated from the yolk and was drank separately, this is a subject where science screws up bigtime because the study the egg protein in a isolated manner which is not how it exists in food. this also happens when they study the biotin issue with raw egg whites, these type of tests do not give you a real work situation at all. the raw egg is superior and does not cause any issues whatsoever. actually many who are allergic to eggs have no issues with raw eggs at all.

cooked eggs are fine for most as long at they are cooked properly but in a real world situation where you consume a good quality WHOLE egg , the raw egg is superior this is known by many bodybuilders who experience things in real life not in a lab(aka vince gironda as one well known example who called raw eggs the best muscle builder period.)

many people in REAL life have drank raw eggs for years or even decades and have had no issues except massive muscle growth lol. i myself have had thousands upon thousands of them.

another person mentioned on this board often lately who recommends raw eggs is dr serrano. he used to not recommend them but changed his opinion, because he saw through the flawed nature of the science that was negative towards them. it is very easy to slant a study. you probably did not even notice that is said "raw egg protein" and not "raw egg" this is on purpose as well, do not think it isn't . they know people will mostly assume certain things. some people want you to come to the conclusion that a processed food is actually better. first step is convincing you that something simple like a egg is better cooked , now your open minded to some real hardcore processed food actually being more healthy. and they will have more of their studies for that as well you can be sure.

a WHOLE raw egg is actually one of the most digestible foods out there if not the number 1 most digestible food.

also if you really wanted to split hair on this there is more.

when your refrigerate the eggs you destroy some of the enzymes and proteins in the eggs meaning they will be automatically harder to digest, assimilate and utilize. this is something vince gironda also recognized. if you really want the best results you would get fresh eggs , that have never been refrigerated.

another item destroyed by mostly cooking is lutein, did the study mention that lol

you cannot always make a conclusion based only on a laboratory analysis

still if you like cooked eggs for most people they are still fine as well though, just cook them properly. either harboiled or using the right fats like coconut oil, ghee or butter etc..like has been mentioned in this thread

see this is the issue you have with any processed food, this is why those egg whites in cartons are not as good, they are not fresh and have sat around for a long time and this is another likely problem with that study you just posted,
makes me wonder as i wonder how long that egg protein had been around, was it processed, and purified in some way? refrigerated ?all these things cause degradation and you will not digest degraded protein very well, you body just gets rid of it.

Last edited:
Studies such as this

**broken link removed**

My figure of over 90% is scientifically validated. No I'm not going to look for some study online, I have my sources. High carb diets alkalize your stomach, thereby reducing hydrochloric acid production. High carb, low fat diets are catalysts for a dysfunctional gall bladder.

it is very easy to slant a study. you probably did not even notice that is said "raw egg protein" and not "raw egg" this is on purpose as well, do not think it isn't . they know people will mostly assume certain things. some people want you to come to the conclusion that a processed food is actually better. first step is convincing you that something simple like a egg is better cooked , now your open minded to some real hardcore processed food actually being more healthy. and they will have more of their studies for that as well you can be sure.

Alright, I'll look into what you say. However, I have a hard time seeing how this study was some conspiracy to sell processed foods. You make some claims such as raw egg being the #1 digestible food in the world... is it because Vince Gironda said so or do you have something else to back this?

My figure of over 90% is scientifically validated. No I'm not going to look for some study online, I have my sources. High carb diets alkalize your stomach, thereby reducing hydrochloric acid production. High carb, low fat diets are catalysts for a dysfunctional gall bladder.

Well, there's no response to this and no debate can be had if all you offer is "I have my sources".

I'd love to hear raw eggs were digested 100% but so far I'm inclined to think cooked are better digested by far. For lack of evidence to the contrary.

I don't want to debate. I'm not trying to sell you on it. It's like Phil trying to tell those kids over at bodybuilding.com about LBA's. Why bother? It's not my physique that's missing out. It's similar to the difference between raw milk and pasteurized milk. Which one is going to bolster your health, and muscle growth, more efficiently?

Last edited:
Alright, I'll look into what you say. However, I have a hard time seeing how this study was some conspiracy to sell processed foods. You make some claims such as raw egg being the #1 digestible food in the world... is it because Vince Gironda said so or do you have something else to back this?

even if you do not believe my opinion on selling processed food the rest of my post is 100 percent bang on, why do you think they used just the egg protein? try and find a study using the whole raw egg. do some searching about whole raw egg digestibility and you will see little more than vince gironda backing that side up. unless you were planning on drinking isolated raw egg protein then that study has zero bearing on anything you will do in real life.

and about my theory about selling you on processed foods, go look into who funded the study, you might be surprised.

Last edited:
even if you do not believe my opinion on selling processed food the rest of my post is 100 percent bang on, why do you think they used just the egg protein? try and find a study using the whole raw egg. do some searching about whole raw egg digestibility and you will see little more than vince gironda backing that side up.

and about my theory about selling you on processed foods, go look into who funded the study, you might be surprised.

Some people are just closed minded, Mule, unless of course you have a "study" proving your "outrageous" claims hahaha

Never mind experimenting on yourself to see what happens to your rate of muscle growth. I guess some folks just don't think about this.

Trial 'n error is very under rated.

I sometimes cook my eggs in PAM nonstick spray to avoid cals. Thats ok right? (medium low heat.... like 4-5/10 on heat scale)
good thread

I don't see any problem with it, I use canola oil spray

I don't see any problem with it, I use canola oil spray

You might want to rethink the Canola oil - very bad oil. They remove the oil from the rapeseed plant by high temp mechanical processing and solvent extrraction...so all those healthy Omega 3.....RANCID...I wouldnt touch Canola..

JM

Here is how i cook mine. I heat up my coconut oil on medium low. I crack all my eggs into a bowl and wait for the oil to get warm. Then i dump all the eggs in the pan and slowly cook them until the whites are turning white. You will have to stir the whites a little to get the ones on top cooked as well (Keeping your yolks whole). Then when your whites are done i turn the burner off (Leaving the pan on the burner) and stir everything together. Scoop out and the yolks will be running all over. YUMMY!!!

Good post! My new way of cooking eggs everyday.

Is the spring valley cocount oil from walmart a good braind? I checked on it today, it is extra virgin.

whys that?

Actually you could pay me to use it, but I don't have to like it. Then I'd take the cash and go get me some GFORB.

I don't know, man, I just feel that the healthier you are the easier it is to gain muscle mass. So I do everything possible (most of the time) to be as healthy as I can. Nine times out of ten I'm rewarded with higher natural testosterone levels, high GH levels, high insulin levels (when I want it to be) and a high energy level. It's the best way to go for results and longevity, as far as I'm concerned.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear