over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

enalapril major side effect ?

whoremoan

Registered
looking at enalapril for the host of benefits
although one side effect really puts me off
is anaphylaxis

Whats the chances of getting this on enalapril and if so what would you do ?
if you couldnt make it to emergency in time would you die ?
anyone had this before ? seems pretty hectic for an ace inhibitor lol

I think that is listed on a ton of medications. Odds are super slim. Obviously if your throat is swelling call an ambulance, but it’s a fairly common BP med so I think you’ll be fine.

Most common side from ACE-Is is a cough, which is fairly common like 10-15% of people. The dreaded complication is angioedema, but that is very rare, like 0.05-0.1% or so . Like Zamun said, anaphylaxis is probably listed on most drugs and how many foods? ARBs are much less likely to cause the above ACE-I side effects and have generally shown same outcomes/benefits. Angioedema risk w ARBs is abt half that of ACE-Is

wouldnt enalapril then be better suited for bodybuilders and people on trt as it keeps rbc and BP low ? telmisartan only really lowers BP

wouldnt enalapril then be better suited for bodybuilders and people on trt as it keeps rbc and BP low ? telmisartan only really lowers BP
Telmisartan and pretty much all ACEi and ARBs do have an lowering effect on erythrocytosis, meaning they all reduce erythrozyts, hemoglobin and hematocrit levels.

Some have a stronger effect, some are weaker but they all fall into this category.

Studies have shown that ACE-Is and ARBs are pretty much interchangeable to achieve the desired outcomes- BP control, slowing progression of CKD and prevention/reversal of cardiac remodeling. I am a pretty deep nerd though so even with the results of studies showing them to be comparable i have favored ACE-Is for my personal use. ARBs block angiotensin II type 1 receptors. ACE-Is inhibit the manufacture of angiotensin II so both the type 1 and type 2 receptors get less agonism. Again, per numerous studies, the outcomes look very similar so this is just me being overly nerdy abt it. I'm not sure we've even really got an understanding of what the type 2 receptors do.
Telmisartan is definitely a tempting med with its potential effects beyond BP control

Studies have shown that ACE-Is and ARBs are pretty much interchangeable to achieve the desired outcomes- BP control, slowing progression of CKD and prevention/reversal of cardiac remodeling. I am a pretty deep nerd though so even with the results of studies showing them to be comparable i have favored ACE-Is for my personal use. ARBs block angiotensin II type 1 receptors. ACE-Is inhibit the manufacture of angiotensin II so both the type 1 and type 2 receptors get less agonism. Again, per numerous studies, the outcomes look very similar so this is just me being overly nerdy abt it. I'm not sure we've even really got an understanding of what the type 2 receptors do.
Telmisartan is definitely a tempting med with its potential effects beyond BP control
Always on point :)

does anyone still use enalapril ?
for people on trt it should be like a miracle drug, i dont get why its not more popular?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws