over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ever drop a BB on your face?

bambambigalo

Registered
About a year and a half ago I was training chest, decline bench and was on my last set....tried to rack the weight (225) and missed the hooks completely. the bar landed right on my chin and forced my head sideways, but thankfully didnt land on my throat. Still have nightmares about it. I'm still scared shitless to go over two plates on each side. Anyone else ever do this?

I think everyone who works out by themselves have thought this a time or two.

I workout alone and don't like asking for spots, so I use the smith machine, db's, and hammer strength for most of my chest training.

I work out alone and for fear of doing this I can never really get those last reps in that really count, which sucks. I've had a few close calls. To make things worse I use a suicide grip because of a old hand injury.

Thankfully I have not had the pleasure of dropping a weight on my face. Although, I was doing push presses one day and caught my chin on the pressing motion. Jacked my jaw pretty good...dropped the weight and felt the lights start going out. felt pretty stupid.

Speaking of dropping weights...one of my pet peeves is people who try to cram as many plates on a weight tree as possible..just not a safe thing to do. I saw a kid bump a 45lb plate from the top pin and it dropped on the ridge of his foot. He dropped like a sack of potatoes. His friend had to help him up and damn near carry him out of the gym.

I had a scare a couple of months back. I was on the flat bench and lifted the bar from the uprights using a thumbless grip, something I had ton more times before than I could count. Something happened this time though and the bar slipped off my right palm. Luckily I was still over the uprights and the bar didn't come crashing down on me. Scared the shit out of me though. I still think about it every time I bench.

no but i have on my phone! with dumbells though..ended up needing a new phone lol

How about this stupid noob move....and I've been lifting for over 20 years. Did my warm-ups and went to load 225 on incline but forgot to put the second 45 on one side of the bar....Oops! Luckily, upon lift, I didn't dump it. I quickly adjusted and racked the weight. It was still awkward enough that it caught the attention of some nearby teenagers who got a good chuckle.

How about this stupid noob move....and I've been lifting for over 20 years. Did my warm-ups and went to load 225 on incline but forgot to put the second 45 on one side of the bar....Oops! Luckily, upon lift, I didn't dump it. I quickly adjusted and racked the weight. It was still awkward enough that it caught the attention of some nearby teenagers who got a good chuckle.

Haha i did it on squats once but only a 10 kg. Still nearly topled over amazing the difference 10 kg off balance csn make

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

my grip slipped and had 315 dropped on my chest/ribs during flat bench.. i wasnt paying too much attn since it was my second or third warm up set and so id just rep it out to get a good pump and nice and warmed up before going higher for my working sets... well it was my second or third rep in when lowering the weight about half way down my grip slipped causing of my right wrist to start to roll back and so my arm gave out as a instinctive reflex to keep my wrist from snapping. well i had my breath held since do the exhale when pressing up, so ribs stayed expanded, bar came crashing down directly on ribs just below nipple/pec line, and kinda bounced back up. the brunt of initial impact was on my right side before it carried over to left side coming down for an even decent

so in a sort of reflex to wondering wtf just happened I caught the bar as it bounced back up, paused still wondering wtf just happened. then when tried to recover set by doing more reps, after one rep, I had some pain radiating from the exposed area of ribs on right side , then second rep pain was unbearable so I racked the weight, when I sat up and took deep breath and stretch I felt/heard big time popping and cracking radiating all over from the same area on right side i had pain with even more sharp shooting pain...

talking to some dif doc's, came to conclusion it was seperated ribs due to location of pain and circumstances involved of blunt force trauma... with a regiment of ghrp2/cjc took about 2 months to fully heal... first month was torture and any sneeze of sudden movement or heavy lifting or straining of any kind would start me back to square one.. i did ace compression wrap around ribs to limit momement/rib expansion but stil. thel second month was a lot better once got I stable in my routine of limited and modified movements... definitely will say the ghrp2 saves my ass with the crippling injury since other wise there isnt a lot of blood flow to the cartilage tie in linking your ribs to your sternum and good chance recovery would have been longer or not as successful

Luckily,I have not dropped any weight on myself yet.I work out alone also.I use a power rack when I bench so I can lift to failure.

Not a BB, but my workout partner dropped a DB on his face, was lucky it didnt hit his nose or something

I think we have all done this...and yes it will make anyone feel like an idiot.

Surprisingly not but since I'm older with shoulder issues and I work out solo...I use mostly hammer strength anyway so I can still go relatively heavy.

I dropped a barbell on myself for the first time ever last week! I was doing close grip bench press with only 135lbs on the bar and using a suicide grip. I only use that grip when I go very light for close grip. Dam thing slipped out when I unracked it and fell right on top of me. I learned a lesson there! Never use that grip :)

Nothing major, but I've had a couple scares...usually because of poor lift-off technique.

The one thing that has always worried me was doing DB pullovers. Holding the dumbbell by one end, I'm worried that the other end is going to fall off and land on my beautiful face.

years ago i was all jacked on ultimate orange and put ti much weight on and i was the only one in our 24hr gym and thought since i could do three plates 10 x's i should be able according to a muscle mag int. be able to do 40lbs more 3-5xs ended up feeling like i broke me chest plate and had to roll the bar to my waste and deadlift it set it on the floor unload it after that ive never done anything without db's unless i had a spotter

Had a tear in my shoulder while bench pressing by myself. Had no resistance to slow the weight coming down at all. Luckily I was able to angle it to catch the bar on the safety hooks. Scared the hell out of me thinking how much worse things couldve been.

Wow here's some bad karma. I obviously posted in this thread earlier today. Well I was at the gym just now and was doing some Incline Negatives. Did a nice slow first rep and then tried a second rep, big mistake. Had no strength, the bar drifted back on descent and hit me right in the mouth and chipped four of my teeth.

^^^thats horrible man. i cant imagine having something like that happen. I hope the rest of your week gets better!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131