over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience with Broken Ribs

Ice it up and don’t lay on them at all. I broke 2 back in college wrestling and at first didn’t think anything just wind knocked out feeling. Maybe 5 mins after the match the PT checked them and that was that. Felt better in 6 weeks, it hurt to take deep breath’s. Just ice them up and don’t bend too much to put pressure on them. One of the worst injuries out there

Shit man just count your blessings it could've been your last day. Wishing u a speedy recovery. Hang in there tough times make u tougher. U trying to do some bpc or tb500?

Shit man just count your blessings it could've been your last day. Wishing u a speedy recovery. Hang in there tough times make u tougher. U trying to do some bpc or tb500?
If I had some on hand I definitely would have. However when I tried to procure some the sponsor I used was out due to production shutdowns. So it’ll be Test, GH, THC, & Ibuprofen.

Cage

I've broken ribs on a few different occasions and all the Dr do is make sure they aren't gonna puncture a lung then send you home. Fuckers would not even prescribe pain pills because "we want it to be uncomfortable so you don't over do it". Just try to limit pressure on them , deep breaths , coughing and sneezing.
Ice definitely helps with the swelling and pressure

bro it aint that bad ive broke 6 in total from two or fights spread out, count your blessings , there are plenty of things that hurt way worse like getting bit or stabbed or hit with a bat or pipe

I watched my mom get bucked off a horse buzzing it FLAT in the air like a MUMMY. She fell directly on her back and broke 4 ribs. She had the wind knocked out of her, took a few minutes like a G, and got up and didnt even go to doctor until next day. She hardly complained or said a word about it in between. I never went to doctor for any of mine, they heal on their own, mine always shifted back into place, the worst one was getting kneed in the ribs i broke 3 at once.
I made a post in response to this but i either screwed up or got deleted but idk why. Too long to re-do...
The main bullet point was that when you broke 3 ribs that means you had one fractured rib not supported by a non-fractured rib above or below it. 10 fractured ribs means he likely has 8 fractured ribs not supported by a non-fractured rib. That prob barely makes sense.... most likely only the top and bottom fractured ribs have a stable rib next to them. I would wager my next paycheck that the experience of the two injuries, although involving the same body region, are not comparable at all.
Cage, they did a CT scan then if they were looking at your organs, did any of the ribs break in more than one place? Per my understanding that's what can make you vulnerable to flail chest

It does get better. And they heal back perfectly by some magic I'll never understand. Sorry to hear. At least you can say, "It only hurts when I breathe," and mean it literally. Narcotics cause depressed respiration. They probably don't want that.

I had a shattered left rib cage when I was a kid. A shard punctured my left lung so I had a pneumothorax as a bonus. Spent 3 days in a coma. Weeks later, a physical therapist would come in and pat my side to loosen up blood and fluid. I couldn't even talk because I was intubated (trachea) along with a drainage tube in that lung. 3 months and I was back to perfectly normal. Thank goodness I was young. I would not survive that today.
So maybe that's how you got your nick, man. That had to be the worst thing ever and no doubt such an injury happened at a young age you at least had a fighting chance. Had one broken rib as well when I was a little kid doing dangerous things like climbing a tall tree then getting blown out of it in a storm.

I made a post in response to this but i either screwed up or got deleted but idk why. Too long to re-do...
The main bullet point was that when you broke 3 ribs that means you had one fractured rib not supported by a non-fractured rib above or below it. 10 fractured ribs means he likely has 8 fractured ribs not supported by a non-fractured rib. That prob barely makes sense.... most likely only the top and bottom fractured ribs have a stable rib next to them. I would wager my next paycheck that the experience of the two injuries, although involving the same body region, are not comparable at all.
Cage, they did a CT scan then if they were looking at your organs, did any of the ribs break in more than one place? Per my understanding that's what can make you vulnerable to flail chest
They did CT Scans to chest and my lower abdomen.Just making sure my spleen wasn’t ruptured, no lacerated kidneys, punctured lung, or damage to heart.

I have 3 that are broken in more than one place. The others are broken completely or just fractured.

If I start experiencing any abdominal issues im supposed to immediately return to the ER. Fortunately it wasn’t worse!!!

I’m not trying to take away from @MuaiTai injuries. But like you said 1-3 broken/fractured ribs isn’t the same as near caving in my entire right side. I know it hurts either way.

Simply breathing is a chore!

Cage

Just remember, we all know very well adrenaline but funny enough your other adrenal cortex substance to keep you alive is noradrenaline (nor-epinephrine) which is what they give you for local and systemic anesthesia. This is how you run through thornbushes to escape an angry bear or wild dog/wolf experiencing zero pain.

I broke 2 ribs & fractured elbow, 2 Octobers ago(fell off roof)...sometimes still feel the ribs in the gym or if I sleep on them etc.
(I was 42 during My injury, younger Me recovered from way worse way faster)

Please be in the lookout for tension pneumo or hemothorax. The rib fragments can cut into stuff. Pneumo works be when air is getting into the pleural space and keeping negative air pressure from helping you breath. Hemo can often have a multi day delay from the initial trauma. In this case the broken ribs could be causing internal bleeding. If your BP keeps dropping and you feel fatigued, get your chest scanned.

So maybe that's how you got your nick, man. That had to be the worst thing ever and no doubt such an injury happened at a young age you at least had a fighting chance. Had one broken rib as well when I was a little kid doing dangerous things like climbing a tall tree then getting blown out of it in a storm.
Funny enough. When i would watch a football game and there was lot of hard-hitting action my son (who's 28 now) would hear me tell "Ew. That's gotta hurt," or "Ouch, that's gotta hurt" My boy who was just a toddler then, would yell "Ouch that hurts!" on every play. It became so funny that when I registered here it, it was OTH without question.

I usually just sleep on the floor on a sleeping mat or yoga mat with my hands over my head..if it’s really bad I try to do that a lot

I usually just sleep on the floor on a sleeping mat or yoga mat with my hands over my head..if it’s really bad I try to do that a lot
I found a position in bed that’s pretty decent. It takes me a good 10-15min to finally nestle on in. After that I can get decent sleep! Thank god for that!

Cage

Took a nasty spill the other day and now broke nearly all my ribs on my right side. I believe it was 10…. First timer here with broken ribs. Dislocated & broke some fingers. All I can say is fucked up ribs SUCKS!!

I’m taking testosterone but I’ll drop my dose down to 200mg/wk. Plus GH 3-4iu’s now. Years ago they used to wrap you for broken ribs but it restricted breathing too much. And it’s already hard to breathe with damn near half your ribs broken.

Anyone have tips or tricks for easing pain? I’ve been using @herbchemist gummies… F’n LIFESAVER! Anything else to do to help old Cage out.

I’m gonna try to go back to work on Monday. Gotta over see several contractors. The boat ride out and back will totally suck, but I’m the last man partially standing. First time in my life I’ve ever had a broken bone.. I’m mid 40’s btw. Thanks fellas!!

You know they only thing they gave me is Ibuprofen & f’n Tylenol!!!!!!!! Man that’s soooo fucked up in my book.. Shoot me up the narcos!!!!! At least knock the edge off! Christ

Cage
Yea I’d be doin the pac man norco run I’m sure upping ur minerals and GH should speed healing. Walking might suck but prolly will speed healing as well.

Funny enough. When i would watch a football game and there was lot of hard-hitting action my son (who's 28 now) would hear me tell "Ew. That's gotta hurt," or "Ouch, that's gotta hurt" My boy who was just a toddler then, would yell "Ouch that hurts!" on every play. It became so funny that when I registered here it, it was OTH without question.
That's awesome. I honestly thought OTH was referencing your dislike of needles haha had read that on another thread

Is there a way to kno when your ribs are healed completely aside from a X-ray? I’m back working super light duty. Thank god the winds have been low so no chop on the open water. If the seas get up over 2-3’ then I gotta hang back. That would be way too painful!

Was hoping to get back under some light weights in a month. Guess I’ll see how things progress.

Again, thanks for the replies fellas!! Many thanks!

Cage

Is there a way to kno when your ribs are healed completely aside from a X-ray? I’m back working super light duty. Thank god the winds have been low so no chop on the open water. If the seas get up over 2-3’ then I gotta hang back. That would be way too painful!

Was hoping to get back under some light weights in a month. Guess I’ll see how things progress.

Again, thanks for the replies fellas!! Many thanks!

Cage
Mine were problem for about a month. Then I started getting back out. But they still hurt on cold days even 40 years later. Bruised and cracked ribs are one thing but compound fractures are a whole different animal.

Mine were problem for about a month. Then I started getting back out. But they still hurt on cold days even 40 years later. Bruised and cracked ribs are one thing but compound fractures are a whole different animal.
When I say I’m back working, I should clarify it means pointing my finger…. Basically telling people where to go and what to do.

Normally I’ll just jump right in with the general labor hands and pull wrenches. Can’t stand just watching someone else do all the work. That’s just not happening..

Cage

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner