over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience with Broken Ribs

I got blown off a roughly 15 foot rock ledge in Alaska helicopter logging by the rotor wash and landed on my side across a log. Knocked the wind out of me so bad I nearly suffocated before I could catch my breath. The chinook was hovering over me when it happened and saw it happen. Broke 6 ribs. Painfull stuff. Actually missed two days of work from it.

I got blown off a roughly 15 foot rock ledge in Alaska helicopter logging by the rotor wash and landed on my side across a log. Knocked the wind out of me so bad I nearly suffocated before I could catch my breath. The chinook was hovering over me when it happened and saw it happen. Broke 6 ribs. Painfull stuff. Actually missed two days of work from it.
how long did it take for you to fully recover ? im still experiencing tightness when i have to take deep breaths or 'burp'
thankfully each day is getting better. i still seize up if i move a certain way or deep breaths

5-6 weeks
ok.. i just have bruised ribs.. so at the pace i'm seeing reduced pain, i should be back at 100% in two weeks.
in the meantime, ill just focus on cardio and light pump sets(of course working around the 'injury')

Amazing you didn’t get worse. You have been injured and recovered a lot brother you’re a beast

Nothing I can add that hasn’t been said man but I’m sorry :/. That’s a shit hand of cards to get dealt.

I’ve broken ribs several times in football and martial arts.

Time, rest, THC, and any special supps you think may help.

I’d avoid icing it as much as you can, you want blood flow and ice per that.
Currently going through a rib issue myself.
I noticed if I do hangs and get blood flowing to the area im more mobile during the day.
It's progressively getting better each waking day.
I did one hour on the stairs this morning. First 30mins kept it at level 3. Max hr of about 90
Last 20mins I increased to level 7. HR 125-130
Came home and soaked in hot bath with Epsom salts.

Gone this a few times now

1) You’re looking on the bright perfect side 4-6 weeks
2) TB500 at 20-30mg per week BPC at 1,000mcg daily (yes the dosages are heavy, it’s a legit injury but some novel bullshit that has been annoying here and there)
3) Find a physio with a Chattanooga mobile RPW 2.0 - you will hate me for this but it massively speeds up healing time.

Gone this a few times now

1) You’re looking on the bright perfect side 4-6 weeks
2) TB500 at 20-30mg per week BPC at 1,000mcg daily (yes the dosages are heavy, it’s a legit injury but some novel bullshit that has been annoying here and there)
3) Find a physio with a Chattanooga mobile RPW 2.0 - you will hate me for this but it massively speeds up healing time.
Even for a bruised rib ?

I personally would. For bruising I’m a big fan of localized Cryo. I don’t buy into full body Cryo for physical recovery but localized I’ve had great luck with it
Ok. Yeah got hit with a shot during sparring on Saturday.
Letting the guy get in some work cause I was touching him all 1st. I had busted his mouth earlier in the week. So I think he wanted some get back.

Can you get a photo up of the bruising? Is there localized edema? Guess what I am asking is there actually tissue damage (intercostal muscle strain) or is it localized to subcutaneous annoyance?

Currently going through a rib issue myself.
I noticed if I do hangs and get blood flowing to the area im more mobile during the day.
It's progressively getting better each waking day.
I did one hour on the stairs this morning. First 30mins kept it at level 3. Max hr of about 90
Last 20mins I increased to level 7. HR 125-130
Came home and soaked in hot bath with Epsom salts.
Sometimes the Epsom Salt or Dead Sea salt baths help and other times I feel like it’s such a waste of time. Either way, they are great for skin and whatnot.

Sometimes the Epsom Salt or Dead Sea salt baths help and other times I feel like it’s such a waste of time. Either way, they are great for skin and whatnot.
Seems the magnesium does get into the body and prevents after training cramping and seizing up.

I personally would. For bruising I’m a big fan of localized Cryo. I don’t buy into full body Cryo for physical recovery but localized I’ve had great luck with it
I think full cryo is bs but cold plunging has done miracles for me even if I can’t get to the tank and use ice cold shower or tub, especially this time of year tap can be 40 F.

I think full cryo is bs but cold plunging has done miracles for me even if I can’t get to the tank and use ice cold shower or tub, especially this time of year tap can be 40 F.
My wife and I train together for about the last 10 years and both of us have yet to try cold plunge or cryo. 😫

My wife and I train together for about the last 10 years and both of us have yet to try cold plunge or cryo. 😫
Cold plunge really is ant inflammatory and as to it activating brown fat I don’t know but the mental fortitude you build getting into and staying in ice cold water is 1000% real, I can stand in cryo with gloves and boots for prolly 10 times as long as they put you in it but 45 F water after about 3-5 minutes I’m still white knuckling it and it’s cheaper by far than cryo or at least where I am if I had the extra cash I’d buy one but I live where it’s HOT 8 months of the year so I’d need a multi thousand dollar one with a refrigerant and I’m just not there when it’s $20 down the street,

Cold plunge really is ant inflammatory and as to it activating brown fat I don’t know but the mental fortitude you build getting into and staying in ice cold water is 1000% real, I can stand in cryo with gloves and boots for prolly 10 times as long as they put you in it but 45 F water after about 3-5 minutes I’m still white knuckling it and it’s cheaper by far than cryo or at least where I am if I had the extra cash I’d buy one but I live where it’s HOT 8 months of the year so I’d need a multi thousand dollar one with a refrigerant and I’m just not there when it’s $20 down the street,
We’re for sure going to have to try it and there’s a bunch of places that offer it here in S. FL. I’m not sure about how many Cryo places there are around, but at least we have the ice bath locations. I’d love to buy one, too, but it’s hot about 9+ months a year here, as well.

So I'm able to do body squats. Push ups. Lat pull downs. Very light weights and very slow controlled movements. And of course cardio. Did 1hr yesterday. Will do another 1hr today and some light legs.
Dr said I look to be 2 weeks ahead usual, so continue to do whatever youre doing and continue to take whatever supplements you're taking. As he looks through the top of his glasses.
I'll start back with my 2hr sessions tomorrow, as Im a little fluffier than I'd like to be.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131