over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience with melatonin / dose

20sam91

Registered
I've just bought some to try and sort my sleep pattern out... What sort of dose should I be using? Does it work? I don't have insomnia and once I'm asleep I don't wake up for 9+ hours so I'm just looking to induce sleep

3mgs is a good starting dose for it. Remember you have to cycle it as well or else it loses it's effectiveness. If 3mgs doesn't do it for you, then bump it up to 5mgs.

Depends on quality. Try 6-9mg and see how it works. I take up to 20 but I have a hard time falling asleep. Stuff works and I've been using it for years.

Depends on quality. Try 6-9mg and see how it works. I take up to 20 but I have a hard time falling asleep. Stuff works and I've been using it for years.

Alight so in one sentence you state "I take 20 (mg) but I have trouble falling asleep" and then in the next you say "stuff works". You are building an argument against yourself

3mg works for me. Within about 20 minutes I get very tired and once I lay down I fall asleep within minutes.

I'm not sure if this is just in my head but whenever I take 9mg+ I don't sleep as well. I'll usually wake up a couple hours later and be wide awake.. It seems like the sweet spot for me is 3-6mg.

This happen to anyone else or is it just me?

Alight so in one sentence you state "I take 20 (mg) but I have trouble falling asleep" and then in the next you say "stuff works". You are building an argument against yourself
I think you misinterpreted what he was saying. I believe his post meant "6-9mgs is a good dose to start on. I take up to 20mg BECAUSE I have trouble falling asleep."

I don't think he was saying that he has trouble falling asleep @ 20mg.

3mg works for me, taken 1 hour before I want to crash. I use as needed for my insomnia and jet lag. I must admitt that I know a couple people with severe insomnia that claim no response to even high dosages. It works for me though, 6mg never fails.

I do 10mg every night. Not specifically to sleep but also for it's other benefits.

Thanks for responses. Can't wait for it to arrive now. I'll start at 3 and see how it goes

in my experiences with melatonin it doesn't do much at all in helping me fall a sleep but it does help me sleep longer and usually without waking up every hour like I do without it. If you are looking for something natural that helps induce sleep I think 5-HTP, Valerian Root, or L-theanine all are better choices

Oh and there have been studies done on Melatonin showing that doses of above I believe 10mg show absolutely no added benefit since your body can't use it so wouldnt waste your money on doing a mega dose.

I take 6 mgs a night. Make sure you get the timed release kind. This let's me sleep hard through the night. The non-timed release would knock me out, but then I would be wide awake an hour or two later.

I would encourage anyone to read up on literature by Russel Reiter, PhD--the foremost authority on Melatonin.
Very brilliant man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzPGbXJ-G7s]"Melatonin's role in Cancer" Talk By Russel J. Reiter, PhD - YouTube[/ame]

I take half a 3 mg an it works for me. Sleeps even better when I use iPam n chic no sac with it.

I started with 3mg and it didn't do much, went up to 6mg after a few days and BAM. Out like a light in 30 minutes. I take it because I work nights and go to sleep at 8 in the morning when the sun is out. Works like a charm.

5mg works fine for me if I don't take it very often, but if I take it more than once a week, I'll have to bump it to 10mg. Most night, it puts me out for a solid 4-5 hours but seems to wear off after that and doesn't keep me out for the full night.

5mg is where I like. I tried 10 a few times, but felt crazy lethargic the next day and had the most vivid dreams it scared me.

Just read my post said chic and no sac lol. Cjc and no dac is what I meant lol

I've just bought some to try and sort my sleep pattern out... What sort of dose should I be using? Does it work? I don't have insomnia and once I'm asleep I don't wake up for 9+ hours so I'm just looking to induce sleep

As others suggested,,,start with 3mg right before bed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131