over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience with T2 ?

Yeah I believe anything on YouTube too! Great find!
Sarcasm.

Watch the video. You can tell he isn't a charlatan.

Also, he is a doctor, and has written a book on thyroid.

Sarcasm.

Watch the video. You can tell he isn't a charlatan.

Also, he is a doctor, and has written a book on thyroid.
Where are his peer reviewed articles?

every body knows after defaces of research what T3,T4, & T2 does. This is nothing new. He is just selling views

Where are his peer reviewed articles?

every body knows after defaces of research what T3,T4, & T2 does. This is nothing new. He is just selling views
So what does T2 do then?

TBH, i'm probably not qualified to state one is better than the other, maybe one of the others can?

I prefer T3 because it is tried and true for the intended benefits of thyroid hormone enhancement. Lipok had a ton of other stuff in it, including usnic acid, but it was later taken off the shelves. I've ever used any T2 product by itself, so I can't comment specifically on it's actions...would be unfair. I'm not sure of the legality of it currently either. T3 (or T4 at the least) is fairly easy to obtain, so I just prefer that. However, it's been forever since I've even read anything on T2, so maybe some of the other more scientifically inclined members may be able to add some enticing updates?

Speaking of Syntrax, anybody know what the heck ever happened to Derek Cornelious? I know he was playing with fire on his products, but is he even still around? I don't know what came of him later, but he was a pretty good guy when I knew of him on the forums in the mid-90's. He used to post under the name "unique" at EF.
Derek changed the brand from Syntrax to SI03 and is still in business as far as I know... I used to run into him at Sam's Club on occasion but haven't in a while...

So what does T2 do then?
Your video told you, right? Come on man. If T2 worked so well why wouldn’t people be using it? Your looking for stuff to have an edge bc you don’t take hormones anymore. Which is great but keep in mind the supplement industry is not regulated like your prescription drugs.

Thyroid is one of the most complicated organs in our body. Taking iodine will increase your thyroids T3 & T4 output if you want to try something natural.

T2 has an affinity for the thyroid receptor that is roughly 2 orders of magnitude lower than that of the most active TH, T3. However, the results about T2's relative affinity may vary depending on the biochemical or physiological assay used and be influenced by the purity of the T2preparation. Given its lower affinity for the TH receptors, most of the beneficial effects of T2 on metabolism reported to date have resulted from doses that were significantly higher than the dose of T3 that would be required for the same effect.

Your video told you, right? Come on man. If T2 worked so well why wouldn’t people be using it? Your looking for stuff to have an edge bc you don’t take hormones anymore. Which is great but keep in mind the supplement industry is not regulated like your prescription drugs.

Thyroid is one of the most complicated organs in our body. Taking iodine will increase your thyroids T3 & T4 output if you want to try something natural.

T2 has an affinity for the thyroid receptor that is roughly 2 orders of magnitude lower than that of the most active TH, T3. However, the results about T2's relative affinity may vary depending on the biochemical or physiological assay used and be influenced by the purity of the T2preparation. Given its lower affinity for the TH receptors, most of the beneficial effects of T2 on metabolism reported to date have resulted from doses that were significantly higher than the dose of T3 that would be required for the same effect.

Are you the originator from phoenixrising of the commentaries within these screenshots below?

If not, you might want to check your plagiarism a bit better before posting.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-07-03-19-15-23.png
    Capture+_2021-07-03-19-15-23.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture+_2021-07-03-19-15-10.png
    Capture+_2021-07-03-19-15-10.png
    220.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture+_2021-07-03-19-14-58.png
    Capture+_2021-07-03-19-14-58.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 17

Well the T2 supplements actually do have good reviews if you look them up. And it wouldn't be the first time a legitimately effective supplement went under the radar despite the general public being seriously interested in the effects it produces. As far as T2 being effective but requiring a larger dose, yes, that much does seem clear. But that doesn't address the question of whether and to what degree it's action varies from T3. Obviously if the action was identical assuming larger doses, then T2 may even be preferable to T3 for some given it's legal status and cheap cost.

Are you the originator from phoenixrising of the commentaries within these screenshots below?

where did I say I wrote that. That clearly wasn’t written by me. You can tell that was written by a scientist. NOT ME. What’s your deal? You think I’m trying to be something I’m not.

Lol where did I say I wrote that. That clearly wasn’t written by me. You can tell that was written by a scientist. NOT ME. What’s your deal? You think I’m trying to be something I’m not.
Where's the quotation makers as well the links that these "quote's" came from?

Otherwise, from the beginning, it's sure looks like you're portraying as if these are your specific words.

Well the T2 supplements actually do have good reviews if you look them up. And it wouldn't be the first time a legitimately effective supplement went under the radar despite the general public being seriously interested in the effects it produces. As far as T2 being effective but requiring a larger dose, yes, that much does seem clear. But that doesn't address the question of whether and to what degree it's action varies from T3. Obviously if the action was identical assuming larger doses, then T2 may even be preferable to T3 for some given it's legal status and cheap cost.
Why would you someone on a fitness forum take thyroid hormones other then for increased metabolism? So what are you curious about T2 for?
Where's the quotation makers as well the links that these "quote's" came from?

Otherwise, from the beginning, it's sure looks like you're portraying as if these are your specific words.
I’m not writing a paper for my master degree. You know my post. I never talk like that. You can clearly see that’s not me. I’m sure as fuck not going to pretend I know how to manage a thyroid. Don’t know what your deal is with me. Call me a liar before you talk to me. Yeah real professional buddy!

If the article and quotations are so important why didn’t you post it when you tried to call me a fraud and liar. Who’s disrespecting who. I was posting information.

If the article and quotations are so important why didn’t you post it when you tried to call me a fraud and liar. Who’s disrespecting who. I was posting information.
Stop while you're behind.

Stop while you're behind.
I’m not behind nothing. You want call me a fraud and a liar. That’s a serious accusation. Challenging my moral compass. I’m have had intelligent conversations with you on other threads. I even emailed you what my education was. You should know what I am trained in. You should know I didn’t write that. And if the article was so important then you should’ve of posted it.

Why would you someone on a fitness forum take thyroid hormones other then for increased metabolism? So what are you curious about T2 for?
The claim is that T2 increases metabolism similarly to T3 (adjusted dosage of course) but without as much catabolic effect on muscle.

That’s probably why it’s dosed so much higher. Ya know, just a thought 🤔

I was intrigued enough to do some investigation on this one. Unfortunately:

Whereas T₃ primarily increases RMR via nuclear-mediated mechanisms, T₂ functions primarily through the mitochondria, thus increasing the oxidative capacity of tissue [1].

T₂ increased RMR in hypothyroid (deiodinase enzymes inhibited) rats only. In euthyroid (normal) rats, administration of T₂ showed no significant change in RMR [1].

In aging Wistar rats (sick and old) it mildly increased RMR vs. the control with chronic, high dose administration; but definitely suppressed T₄ [2].

Conclusion:

No demonstrable efficacy in healthy persons.
_____
References:
[1] Lombardi, A., Lanni, A., Silvestri, E., Lange, P., Goglia, F., & Moreno, M. (2006). 3, 5-Diiodothyronine: Biological Actions and Therapeutic Perspectives. Immunology‚ Endocrine & Metabolic Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 6(3), 255–265. doi:10.2174/187152206777435573
[2] Padron, A. S., Neto, R. A. L., Pantaleão, T. U., de Souza dos Santos, M. C., Araujo, R. L., de Andrade, B. M., … de Carvalho, D. P. (2014). Administration of 3,5‐diiodothyronine (3,5‐T2) causes central hypothyroidism and stimulates thyroid‐sensitive tissues. Journal of Endocrinology, 221(3), 415–427. doi:10.1530/joe-13-0502

The claim is that T2 increases metabolism similarly to T3 (adjusted dosage of course) but without as much catabolic effect on muscle.
I follow you now. It is a weird hormone. Some major institutions say its inert. I was trying to find something earlier that said differently.

@Stewie
“T0, T1 and T2 are hormone precursors and byproducts of thyroid hormone synthesis. They do not act on the thyroid hormone receptor and appear to be totally inert.”

https://www.thyca.org/pap-fol/more/hormones/

“What are T2, T1 and calcitonin and why doesn’t my doctor measure those?

T2 and T1 are thought to play minor roles in the thyroid and rest of the body, primarily serving as precursors to and byproducts of T4/T3 formation. They may be more involved in thyroid function, but as far as we can tell right now, they have little impact beyond that noted. Calcitonin is a thyroid hormone that, along with parathyroid hormone (PTH), regulates calcium, and it is another measure that can be too low with hypothyroidism.

T2 and T1 aren’t measured because they have no demonstrated clinical value. Calcitonin is sometimes measured as part of an “extended thyroid panel”, when trying to settle on a definitive diagnosis where none is clear, especially in the cases of some suspected endocrine tumors. Values for the latter are considered normal below 10 pg/mL in men and 5 pg/mL in women. Unlike the standard medical treatments for hypothyroidism, desiccated thyroid supplements often contain T1, T2, T3, T4 and calcitonin.”

https://www.aarda.org/thyroid-hormone-levels-t4-t3-t2-and-t1/

As has been said before in this thread, if it lived up to this claim, everyone would be using it instead of T3 and that is clearly not the case.

That being said, it does sound like an interesting compound which I hadn't even heard of before so thx for this thread 👍

I can see it being useful in addition to T3 to be able to lower the T3-dosage mostly. Not as it's replacement.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131