over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experience with T2 ?

As has been said before in this thread, if it lived up to this claim, everyone would be using it instead of T3 and that is clearly not the case.
I don't think that's necessarily true

It appears most people just have no idea T2 even exists

Because if they did, they would buy it legally and cheaply and use a higher dose rather than risk buying t3 illegally when it might be fake anyway

Sometimes the general public just sleeps on stuff

Like the vast majority of bodybuilders and heart patients do on things like ubiquinol

I mean legitimate doctors don't even know about ubiquinol

Because if they did, they would buy it legally and cheaply and use a higher dose rather than risk buying t3 illegally when it might be fake anyway

Like the vast majority of bodybuilders and heart patients do on things like ubiquinol

Did you see my post? Administration of T₂ only increased RMR in sick rats. Not even in healthy ones. It has no efficacy in healthy humans to increase RMR. It has biological activity, via the mitochondria, but it will not affect fat loss. It inhibits thyroid activity so can actually do more harm than good. Stick with T3 (or in certain use cases like long-term hGH use, T4).

Did you see my post? Administration of T₂ only increased RMR in sick rats. Not even in healthy ones. It has no efficacy in healthy humans to increase RMR. It has biological activity, via the mitochondria, but it will not affect fat loss. It inhibits thyroid activity so can actually do more harm than good. Stick with T3 (or in certain use cases like long-term hGH use, T4).
That’s not true. Did you see my post? It absolutely has efficacy. It inhibits thyroid activity at a low dose but at a high dose about 10x that of t3 it works as well as T3

That’s not true. Did you see my post? It absolutely has efficacy. It inhibits thyroid activity at a low dose but at a high dose about 10x that of t3 it works as well as T3
Yes. From your cited paper, "3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine (T2) in Dietary Supplements: What Are the Physiological Effects?"

"In one of the most complete studies available, published in the current issue of Endocrinology (11), Wenke Jonas and investigators in the laboratories of Joseph Kohrle and Annette Schurmann used a mouse model of obesity to analyze the physiological effects of T2. In their thoughtfully designed, carefully performed, and thoroughly discussed experiment, the authors treated obese mice for 2 and 4 weeks with 2 different daily doses of T2 or with a supraphysiological dose of T3 and measured a number of metabolic and physiological endpoints during and after the treatment.

"The higher dose of T2 used was 80 times that of T3."

It shows efficacy in sick rats.

However, Lombardi, A., Lanni, A., Silvestri, E., Lange, P., Goglia, F., & Moreno, M. (2006). 3, 5-Diiodothyronine: Biological Actions and Therapeutic Perspectives. Immunology‚ Endocrine & Metabolic Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 6(3), 255–265. doi:10.2174/187152206777435573

discuss that it does not affect RMR in healthy, (non-obese, nongeriatric, euthyroid) rats. There are, naturally, no human studies.

Stick to T3.

That’s doesn’t negate the fact that some of the major medical institutions in the U.S. say T2 hormone is inert. There is no clinical value according to what I posted. Till you find more data the medical community sees the hormone as inert. I’m sure @Stewie would love to prove me wrong.

That’s doesn’t negate the fact that some of the major medical institutions in the U.S. say T2 hormone is inert. There is no clinical value according to what I posted. Till you find more data the medical community sees the hormone as inert. I’m sure @Stewie would love to prove me wrong.
Just to be clear, it's an active compound, not inert. It simply has no application for fat loss in bodybuilding.

“3,5-diiodothyronine (T2) has been shown to be bioactive. In mammals, T2 regulates mRNA expression of several T3-regulated genes, but doses up to 100-fold greater than those of T3 were required to generate comparable effects.”

“Though diiodothyronines are thought inactive, pharmacologic treatment with 3,5- Diiodo-L-Thyronine (T2) reportedly reduces hepatic lipid content and improves glucose tolerance in fat-fed male rats. To test this, male Sprague Dawley rats fed a safflower-oil based high-fat diet were treated with T2 (0.25 mg/kg-d) or vehicle. Neither 10 nor 30 days of T2 treatment had an effect on weight, adiposity, plasma fatty acids, or hepatic steatosis.”

“A naturally occurring product of thyroid hormone metabolism, 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine (T2), has been proposed as an alternative thyromimetic. Unlike T3 and T4, T2 does not bind to thyroid hormone receptors; by most measures in vivo, in cell culture, and in purified preparations of protein and DNA, T2 has at least 100-fold lower affinity for nuclear thyroid hormone receptors as compared with the active triiodothyronine (T3).”

Other studies don't show that

“The administration of 3,5-T2 suppressed thyroid function, reducing not only thyroid iodide uptake but also thyroperoxidase, NADPH oxidase 4 (NOX4), and thyroid type 1 iodothyronine deiodinase (D1 (DIO1)) activities and expression levels,”

Slightly disappointed that I scoured through a lot of research to give you an honest conclusion (94 studies, reading FT for 5 of them). Go for it man, F- it, YOLO!
Well I had read through the study posted earlier and it didn't relegate it's effectiveness to only hypothyroid rats

For example

Decent sounding in Abstract. Do you have access to full-text?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131