over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Extreme Immune Boosters?

You are 100% correct, all starts with healthy gut/colon (large intestine) microbiome ecosystem is where it all starts.

Hello Emeric.

The future of target drug treatments are being focused on selective microorganisms. So far looks pretty interesting!

Emeric, are you aware of any literature (recent or past) on the interplay relationship between the villi and microbiome/microbiota? Or similar?

Thanks
Kirk

Last edited:
Melatonin, glutathione and fermented foods. Very immunosupportive.

A healthy gut/colon (large intestine) microbiome ecosystem is where it all starts.
How much melatonin you recommend? I did glutathione at 600mg a week before, 3x 200mg doses a week. What's your thoughts on dosage for that as well? Should it maybe be taken daily?

Certain bacteria seem to promote favorable antibody ratios. Increasing IgA levels, decreasing IgE levels. Shifting the immune system to reduce allergic response while promoting strong pathogen response.

L. Paracasei, L. Reuteri, L. Gasseri and many others have been shown to have beneficial immune properties. The problem is many supplement companies do not list the SPECIFIC strain used and in studies only particular strains are effective.

So it isn't as simple as taking any L. Gasseri supplement. Is it the KS-13 strain that was used in studies? Do other strains also retain the same biological effect, probably not.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16054520

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25909149

http://www.ergo-log.com/lactobacillusreuteri.html

Curcumin and Resveratrol for example can lower immunity towards pathogens.

Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway
Sharma S, Clin Exp Immunol. 2007 Jan;147(1):155-63
Resveratrol Stimulates Cortisol Biosynthesis by Activating SIRT-Dependent Deacetylation of P450scc

"The most striking findings were that both resveratrol and curcumin suppressed the activity of T and B cells and macrophages, as evidenced by significant inhibition in proliferation, antibody production and lymphokine secretion. Interestingly, curcumin imparted immunosuppression by mainly down-regulating the expression of CD28 and CD80 and up-regulating CTLA-4. Resveratrol also functioned by decreasing the expression of CD28 and CD80, as well as by augmenting the production of interleukin (IL)-10."

Resveratrol Stimulates Cortisol Biosynthesis by Activating SIRT-Dependent Deacetylation of P450scc
Donghui Li, Endocrinology July 1, 2012 vol. 153 no. 7 3258-3268
Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway. - PubMed - NCBI

"By modulating cortisol production, resveratrol may act to modulate glucocorticoid-dependent physiological processes. Of note, resveratrol has been found to act as an immunosuppressant."

Both resveratrol and curcumin suppress:

-the proliferation of T cells and secretion of IFN-γ and IL-4;

-the proliferation of B cells and production of IgG1 and IgG2a isotypes;

- proinflammatory cytokines (IL-1, IL-6, TNF-α) but enhances the levels of anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10;

-both resveratrol and curcumin down-regulates the expression of CD80 and CD28;

-curcumin but not resveratrol up-regulates the expression of CTLA-4; and

-both curcumin and resveratrol fail to modulate CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells and expression of CD40.

Glutathione has fantastic immune properties. Quercetin that actually absorbs such as the Iso form.

Liquid olive leaf extract in a recent studied had much higher absorption than taking an olive leaf pill. The plasma concentration was significant.

Results from taking liquid olive leaf vs regular pills:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23766098

Zinc Acetate in particular has some interesting science behind it. How it increases interferon levels, how it can migrate up the sinuses even though you are using it as a lozenge. How it can block receptors that common cold viruses need.

One study that I THINK Ajinomoto conducted on NAC and Theanine found that in athletes, their immune function did not deteriorate like the placebo group. This is most likely because L-Theanine is used in the formation of interferon.

http://www.ergo-log.com/combination...-chance-catching-cold-by-seventy-percent.html

**broken link removed**

From **broken link removed** :

"A distinctive amino acid that is found in minute amounts in tea (Camellia sinensis), theanine exerts a significant effect on the immune system, by activating—in the event of bacterial infection—gammadelta T cells to a state of readiness.1 These cells, comprising a line of defense among total peripheral blood T cells, are mobilized (expanding by up to 50-fold) in response to bacteria, and theanine acts as the precursor to an antigen that primes gammadelta T cells in a manner that is like cocking a gun, pulling its trigger back.

This doesn’t directly result in firing, but it prepares the immune system to invoke gammadelta T killer activity against bacteria, while increasing the speed of action.
"

Ultimately the best practice I have found is using SinuOrega. It is a product that uses saline, oil of oregano, and some other essential oils that you spray in your sinuses. It clears out the sinuses and also has anti-microbial properties. If I feel exposed to some heavy sneezing or coughing, as soon as I get home I will use it. Same with the Zinc lozenges and this Yogi Throat Comfort tea that coats the throat itself.

Basically protecting my nose and throat really decreases the occurrence of colds. I wish our western society adopted the practices used in Japan where wearing masks when you are sick is not frowned upon but actually encouraged.

Last edited:
What about an actual pharma made product that requires a script that you can still buy overseas? Like something given to cancer patients that would still benefit a regular healthy person?

So what then, you're looking for something more like life-extension? People take those drugs in order to kill senescent and damaged cells. Not so much pathogens; although, you'd have to consider how they are one and the same.

IL-2 and interferon..anything else isnt trying hard enough ;-)

I got an awesome shirt last week as a late bday gift.. it says " Gluten enthusiast" i cant wait to wear it around my city lol

Seriously though.. Im not sure anything really truely naturally "boosts" your immune system. There are things that help maintain normal function of the innate and adaptive immune system. The focus should be on staying health, preventing illness and keeping your immune system running optimally. Really not sure anything is gonna " boost it" as what does that even mean... and if one could..should u... i mean ever hear of autoimmune disease?

As others have said- digestion is key. I use probiotics seasonally or for a 3-4 cycle if I'm feeling run down. I also do ozone infusions and 25grams of IV Vitamin C EOW and on opposite weeks I do ALA drip with a 2,000mg Glutathione push at the end. With these steps, I am rarely ever sick. I also use this Immune Formula when/if I'm feeling run down or a tickle in my throat https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01COJFHGG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYRHJTAN89NWD

I have been also reading more into/about liposomal Vitamin C but I'm not completely sold on it. If anyone has any feedback on it please post up.

l-glutamine boosts immune system better than just about anything .

also it aids in intestinal, stomach health.

Can anybody recommend a good colon cleanse product and a probiotic formula? Theres so many products out there and they all claim to be majestic. Is healthy to clean the pipes and take a massive catastrophic shit once in a while and restart fresh with good probiotics.

IL-2 and interferon..anything else isnt trying hard enough ;-)

The psycho sides of interferon can be EXTREME in some (well, many) cases, turning one already fairly hot-tempered person into absolute evil... :( seen it three times personally, two who were treated for cancer, the other one for hepatitis C... major aggressivness, loss of rationality, suicidal ideas, you name it... :eek:

Clearly, using curcumin extract, taking NAC, vit C & D and melatonin are safer options. :p

what is your experience with this product ? favorable?

My experience is not getting sick for a year and a half straight. Not even a cold. You can look at the reviews on Amazon, people report similar results there. I use the swanson Brand. 1 bottle for 5 euros

Can anybody recommend a good colon cleanse product and a probiotic formula? Theres so many products out there and they all claim to be majestic. Is healthy to clean the pipes and take a massive catastrophic shit once in a while and restart fresh with good probiotics.

As for colon cleanse, the healthier option IMO would be massive doses of psyllium husks three times a day (like three tablespoons morning, lunch and night 30 min before meals) for a few days straight, with a very light diet. Stopping starches and eating fruits instead for carbs, no dairy, and you should be fine. :)

Otherwise, huge doses of magnesium/potassium chlorure should have a very quick laxative effect, but I wouldn't really recommend it...

Probiotics are great, but too many people forget about PREbiotics when they take them. FOS (fructo oligo saccharides) like inulin should always be consumed jointly, as they make them much more efficient.

organic apple cider is probably more efficient than anything named above ( in my experiences)

Just make sure to buy it NON pasteurized, otherwise it will lose all its benefits.

Usually, if nothing is written on the bottle, that means your apple cider (organic or not) has been pasteurized... therefore DON'T buy it. :)

Dr. Ohirras Probitics is a great fermented formula that contains prebiotics. I saw another similar formula by "Dr. Andrew (I forget last name)" found at RenewedHealth.

organic apple cider is probably more efficient than anything named above ( in my experiences) , including the other fermented, I have extensive research with my clients on this natural product and hundreds of reviews.

kombucha is great

turmeric, naps, steamroom/sauna + essential oils.

my theory: digestive enzymes uptake nutrient absorption and bioavailability = better immune system and micronutrient, enzyme utilization in body.

taking ephedra can make you forget you have a cold when you breathe like superman
These are great recommendations here and I can say organic apple cider is fantastic.

What about an actual pharma made product that requires a script that you can still buy overseas? Like something given to cancer patients that would still benefit a regular healthy person?

lol

"real" medicine is NOT about strengthening your immune system.
if you pay attention to the way most major drug treatments work they are actually very bad for your body.

that said i guarantee there is a LOT of shit you haven't heard of...

some have us have been on this trip for a WHILE. :lightbulb:

theres prob a thread or two where all kinds of weird things are discussed.

cancer patients get chemo! lol

that is one of THE WORST things you can do to your body.:banghead:

. i mean ever hear of autoimmune disease?

this part is super important.
also the reason why i became interested in all of this.
the thing is when these happen it is not because your immune system is "boosted" , well you could say that but i think would be kinda inaccurate...

yes the immune system is working overtime, but THAT is the problem.

as you know "medicine" usually goes after slowing down this speed up immune system. personally i see/saw this as fuck all retarded as the shit ( immune system ) is acting up for a REASON. call it stress response or whatever you like.

but

the essence of the autoimmune disorder(s) is that, the immune system speed up n attacking the body and or being over productive.

these are "disorders" as the outcome is usually neither fun nor good.

while retarding the immune system my stop the symptom it sure as shit doesn't fix the cause, then we get all kinds of funky side effects as the body is weak and unable to fight off other issues.

they are a motherfucker to deal with.

i think the question that ppl who are not trying to treat a problem should be more concerned with is what will taking something like this do to your "normal" immune system..

maybe things like glut or nac could fuck with some sort of negative feedback loop like aas?

meaning if you take them and stop, you then leave yourself open to a "weakened" system until your regular production gets back online.

we have no answers as far as i have found.

a pharmacist brought up that point to me like 10 years ago as they wanted to know wtf i was doing with all the syringes i was buying. lol they were interested as had never heard of some crazy shit like this but that was there one real cautioning statement that i could never provide a solid answer to.

i do know when i stop with all my "normal" things, something bad happens, i get sick, injured or have some sort of flare up... then again i started taking it all to make that go away, so in my case whos to say...

i already know i will be a pin cushion for life...

guys reading, PAY ATTENTION!

don't take all this so lightly.

:lightbulb:

PS

food for thought...
and part of the fun of fucked up conditions...
if i take TOO much "stuff" my immune system gets wacky too.
its a very fine line i need to walk to maintain balance.

Got a bad cold after donating blood. What do you guys recommend to speed up recovery from infections?

lol

"real" medicine is NOT about strengthening your immune system.
if you pay attention to the way most major drug treatments work they are actually very bad for your body.

that said i guarantee there is a LOT of shit you haven't heard of...

some have us have been on this trip for a WHILE. :lightbulb:

theres prob a thread or two where all kinds of weird things are discussed.

cancer patients get chemo! lol

that is one of THE WORST things you can do to your body.:banghead:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zScMj14mUI8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zScMj14mUI8[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws