over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System

Everyone should fast at least 12 hours per day. Its whats metabolically normal.

However, 72 hours of fasting in mice is NOT 72h of fasting in humans. 24h of fasting in rodents is approximately 5-7 days of fasting in humans. So unless you fast for one week you shouldn’t expect similar effects as a > 24h fast in rodents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this as well. Last meal usually 9pm and first meal 9am

Are u gonna make me bring in the Snake?

Snake Diet that is. This guy is loud and vulgar and kind of like the Dan Duchaine of fasting the way he experiments on himself but his followers results on fb speak for themselves.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t=212s"]WHAT IS A DRY FAST? - YouTube[/ame]

I know there´s many on this board that frown upon fasting and call bullshit if the subject is brought up, I encourage everyone to look at fasting and its relation to autophagy.

Speaking of autophagy, on October 3, 2016, the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Yoshinori Ohsumi for “Discoveries of the Mechanisms for Autophagy.” I think it´s a fascinating subject and well worth reading about, even the naysayers might find something of merit here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5240711/

I know there´s many on this board that frown upon fasting and call bullshit if the subject is brought up, I encourage everyone to look at fasting and its relation to autophagy.

Speaking of autophagy, on October 3, 2016, the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Yoshinori Ohsumi for “Discoveries of the Mechanisms for Autophagy.” I think it´s a fascinating subject and well worth reading about, even the naysayers might find something of merit here:

It really sounds like it might be a great way to fight cancer if they can figure out how to regulate it. Probably help with other disease states too. I glanced through it but am too lazy right now to read it all.

There's nothing worse than the people who dismiss anything that doesn't sound like something that would work. Those are the people who think they know it all and can't learn anything from anyone.

what are the negatives of dry or liquid whatever fasting it is though?? most of these biohacking articles focus only on the positives.. and who should do stuff like that is more important as it is not for everyone

The results his clients get are amazing most fast for 48 hours , refeed at maintenance calories then repeat till fat is gone . In theory it sounds like the deficit on fasting days is huge then you refeed and raise leptin levels and repeat . My question is if one was to experiment with this would adding clen/T3 speed the fat loss up .

Are u gonna make me bring in the Snake?
re: muscle catabolism

i've done multiple 72hrs dry fasts.. and guess what? i'm still walking around bigger, leaner, stronger, than most guys at the gym running loads of moon faced gear.
sorry, i guess i'm the contingent of board members who aim for the swimmers body, instead of looking like jay cutler..
i do admit in the past my guy was kevin levrone... at almost 50, i'm more concerned with endurance and feeling good, while still being stronger than most my age.
in my younger years, i could endure the dbol induced high BP.. the reduced cardio output from 50mg/day tren.. downing 100mg of ephedrine before basketball games..
now, i'm freaking out if my piss stream isnt as strong as it should be..

all that to say, for the average gear-using joe, 48-72hr dry/wet fasts arent going to hurt your gains.. if they did, you havent built a solid base in the first place..

I fast between meals . Does that count?
Its a good mental exercise.. really the first 24hrs are the hardest. But once your hunger hormones realize there's no food coming, you settle into cruise control and you're not even thinking about food.

I believe fasting can be beneficial at times based on your goals.
I fast for 18-24 hours at a time every few weeks. I do it based on how I feel so it’s not very often but I do think it benefits me in my opinion. Personally I feel renewed , tighter and hungry but not starving afterwards.
I just work in my diet again and get into the groove again. It’s a nice break sometimes when you have been eating the same rotation of food for awhile.

I found this information that thought some of you may enjoy:

There has long been controversy surrounding the potential benefits or hazards of fasting. On one hand, supporters of fasting point to the many benefits that they claim fasting provides. This includes promoting weight loss, normalizing insulin sensitivity, lowering triglyceride levels in the body and slowing the signs of aging. There are a number of different ‘fasting plans’ ranging from intermittent fasting lasting, on average, 14 to 18 hours to longer-term plans abstaining from solid foods for 2 to 3 days. Each is said to carry their own benefits and challenges, offering options for everyone.

Many nutritionists and medical professionals argue that fasting is nothing more than an unsupported trend, and carries with it a number of health risks that should be considered. They point to the loss of nutrients during the time spent fasting, as it limits not only the intake of unhealthy foods but also those that our bodies require including fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats. Furthermore, they argue that fasting often leads to rebound eating, which results in an overall weight gain as opposed to the sought-after weight loss.

New research out of the University of Southern California presents a fascinating discovery, once again bringing the debate to the forefront. The team gathered a group of participants and asked them, in the initial stages, to fast for 2-4 days on a regular basis over a 6-month period. During this time, they witnessed some incredible changes. The participants saw a noticeable decrease in the production of the enzyme PKA, a hormone which has been associated with an increased risk of cancer and tumor growth. Furthermore, the immune system of the participants appeared to get a complete overhaul.

Professor Valter Longo, PhD, the researcher of the study expressed his surprise with the study’s findings, stating, “What we started noticing in both our human work and animal work is that the white blood cell count goes down with prolonged fasting. Then when you re-feed, the blood cells come back. So, we started thinking, well, where does it come from?”

The findings may provide considerable promise for those that are susceptible to disease, currently receiving chemotherapy treatments or simply for our aging population. The research showed that the act of fasting triggered a switch to flip in the body, signalling it to begin a “stem-cell based regeneration of the hematopoietic system.” It forced the body to use up its stores of glucose, fat and ketones, and also started to break down a large number of white blood cells. The loss of white blood cells flagged the body to, in turn, regenerate new immune system cells.

Professor Longo explained, “When you starve, the system tries to save energy, and one of the things it can do to save energy is to recycle a lot of the immune cells that are not needed, especially those that may be damaged.” This would mean that according to the study’s findings the process of fasting for a 72-hour period of time followed by re-feeding with a healthy, nutritionally focused diet can, essentially, provide those who are struggling with a new immune system.

While the possible benefits are definitely worth further review, medical professionals warn that further study is required before it will be seen as a definitive medical option. The study’s co-author Tanya Dorff, MD, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital advised, “While chemotherapy saves lives, it causes significant collateral damage to the immune system. The results of this study suggest that fasting may mitigate some of the harmful effects of chemotherapy. More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.”

Study Finds that Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System ? Awareness Act
Ya anything that promotes growth increases cancer risk.

All the claims here are highly dubious, I don't see how most of these claims could possibly be supported. How do you measure these parameters? Seems like propaganda to me.

so those of you who do intermittent fasting. all you take in is water correct? did you start low like 10 hours then work your way up? how many hours do you feel is long enough before you eat? then when you do eat lets say for 6 hour window do you set macros up to meet within those hours?

Iv fasted for 72 hours 5 different times. I feel awesome afterward. Lose a few lbs of trash body weight. Internal fat and some water weight. Try it and see how much it flattens your stomach. It’s no joke

3 or 4 times a year I do a 2-5 day fast just depending on how I'm feeling. Just black coffee and water w/ some salt. I don't do it based on all the claims out there, I just like how it makes me feel. I promise if you're running even a replacement level of test and nothing else you're not going to lose any muscle or strength unless you have totally bottom tier genetics. I've done them with and without fat burners, and activity-wise I just go on a couple long walks every day to make the most of the deficit. It's been a couple months and I'm kind of looking forward to a few days at the end of this month.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws