over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

favorite post workout carb and why?

if you are passing out, doesnt that signal you may have over eaten? high blood sugar can cause you to become sleepy or fight to stay awake. So how do you know the karbolyn is causing you to crash? have you checked your blood sugar?

for those of you that like waxy or starches in general, do you consider white rice a good substitute.

Im asking all this because i hate dextrose and maltodextrin, and waxy doesnt seem to really do anything more special that rice for me

i really dont buy into karbolyn...sorry i know guys spending 50 a month on it and they arent really seeing results and i value their opinoins

That sounds so good, I have to try it. I love sushi/sashimi and LBAs! Do you buy your sushi somewhere and have it in your fridge or do you stop at a place on way home from gym?

What's your fav sushi? I am pretty basic- salmon, all tunas, shrimp, and I like yellow tail sashimi w/ jalepenos.

There is a little sushi place right across from my gym. I train on my lunch hour and pick up the sushi on my way back to work. Lately I have been liking spicy shrimp rolls, but I like it all minus cucumber -LOL
Fortunatley I have a mini fridge at work and keep it stocked with milk, yogurt, chx breasts etc. A co-worker commented yesterday that my desk looks like a chemistry lab. Ha ha. bottles of LBAs, evoo, BCAAs etc :D

i use karbolyn, no bloat with it and mixes easy with whey isolate

I drink dextrose, maltodextrin, creatine, and a packet of Crystal Light right after my workout and then 30 minutes later 50 gram protein shake. 1 hour- 1 and a half hours later I have a protein/carb meal. I used to drink a protein shake with 1 cup oatmeal in it, but it is no comparison to my new mixture.

1/3 cup of Nerds, Now Chromium, 3 g Vitamin C, Krealkalyn, and 8 Tabs of Humapro. Nerds have dextrose. I'll eat a solid food meal an hour afterward. I also make sure that meal is still low in saturated fats due to the elevated insulin levels that should still be present.

if you are passing out, doesnt that signal you may have over eaten? high blood sugar can cause you to become sleepy or fight to stay awake. So how do you know the karbolyn is causing you to crash? have you checked your blood sugar?

for those of you that like waxy or starches in general, do you consider white rice a good substitute.

Im asking all this because i hate dextrose and maltodextrin, and waxy doesnt seem to really do anything more special that rice for me

i really dont buy into karbolyn...sorry i know guys spending 50 a month on it and they arent really seeing results and i value their opinoins

Waxy bypasses the digestion process, therefore making it superior to other starches pwo.

We are simply talking about speed of delivery, which is what we are striving for pwo.

Grits

But I'm from the south :) Nothing beats egg whites and grits as a pwo meal for me.

But not the instant grits. That stuff is crap. I'm talking about the real stuff. Call my wife from the gym to let her know I'm done and she has them ready for me when I get home. (great woman)

sweedish oat starch - chocolate flavor from true protein!

swedish oat starch is not what im looking for...
ummm wasn't posting for YOU, i was simply replying to the thread title which is "favorite post workout carb and why" :confused:

yeah got you. what do you like so much about it? do you feel its better than plain oatmeal?

I used to use maltodextrin then I tried vitargo. I never really noticed a diffrence. Now I just use two cups of oats and 75gs of protein post workout cause its cheap. ha I know its not fast acting but I never noticed a diffrence in recovery or gains when I use to use the malto or vitargo.

yeah got you. what do you like so much about it? do you feel its better than plain oatmeal?
its easy on my stomach and im not starving 5 min after drinking it like i am when i have WMS. its easier to carry a shaker cup with S.O.S. and whey isolate than oatmeal - {taste like shit even if ground up into a finer powder form}. I buy chocolate flavor S.O.S and chocolate flavor whey isolate from true protein and they taste damn good together. I ran out of swedish oat starch not long ago and had some 2:1:1 recovery from optimum nutrition {what i use to drink Post workout} and it tore my stomach up and made me feel like shit for about 20 min. and damn it taste like i was drinking pure syrup cause of how sweet it was. I really prefer swedish oat starch as its not overly sweet but taste damn good in my post workout shake. :headbang:

thanks trueprotein!!

I dont use Carb in postworkout shake

Mine is : Whey Isolate 2 scoop, 20G Glutamine,5g Creatine,5G beta allinine

I eat starch later.

any links to articels on how it does this?

**broken link removed**

Here is an article. Many studies have been done, have you searched Google?

Waxy Maize has a much higher molecular weight and a much lower osmolarity rate compared to dextrose or maltodextrin, so what does this mean. Mainly, Waxy Maize bypasses the stomach, is absorbed by the intestines and immediately is assimilated; this is all done at a much faster rate than dextrose or maltodextrin, almost double.

Waxy Maize can help the absorption rates of many of your favorite supplements like creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, cell volumization and nitric oxide type supplements, etc. Nutrients like this often times are left in the stomachs harsh acidic environment and degrade absorption rates. Waxy Maizehelps shuttle these nutrients to bypass the stomach and allow the body to assimilate these nutrients at a much higher rate.

Waxy Maize has the ability to replenish the body's glycogen stores much faster than a mix of maltodextrin or dextrose. This is accomplished again by Waxy Maize's ability to bypass the stomach and go to the intestines for immediate absorption. Waxy Maize's ability to shuttle all these nutrients and starch gives the body an immediate "pump" you can physically feel in your muscles post workout. You will see a much larger, fuller and rounder muscle belly.

Last edited:
WM is great but i use oats for the most part cuase it is almost as effective as any other exept its much healthier it keeps me regular and what not. 1-2 hrs before the gym i put 2 cups of oats in my shaker with cold water and let set in fridge so when i get home i add whey and chug and chew its pretty good. not a hudge fan of fast GI carbs with oats/ whey iso/ bcaas it works just as well.

SB

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity