over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is you favorite post-workout carb?

Back in college when I would bulk of eat probably 7 can a day never had an issue. How would we know if they are high a blood test?
Blood test will show if you have high mercury levels. This happened to a few bodybuilders. I know it's something that @IFBBProDomCardone has dealt with in the past. I think it took him close to a year to feel better.

If you're eating that everyday, just keep in mind that albacore is higher in mercury.
Glad I posted I had heard that tuna was high in Mercury but was always under the impression that eating it daily wouldn't be enough to cause harm. Maybe will switch to chicken breast. Will save me some $ just sucks because the tuna is great on the Rice cakes lol.

Back in college when I would bulk of eat probably 7 can a day never had an issue. How would we know if they are high a blood test?
Glad I posted I had heard that tuna was high in Mercury but was always under the impression that eating it daily wouldn't be enough to cause harm. Maybe will switch to chicken breast. Will save me some $ just sucks because the tuna is great on the Rice cakes lol.

Shit. If I ate 7 cans of tuna a day I would have half the neighborhood cats following me around.

Jason Huh and his wife (?) got zinc poisoning from eating a lot of fish.

For those using cream of rice, does it have to be cooked. I thought I saw where someone was putting in a shake?? I use baby rice pre-workout.

I didn't know cereal was going to be so popular, I thought I was in the minority with that :ROFLMAO: glad to see its a staple for some of you guys
You're right, I'm craving some Cocoa Pebbles now or some Rice Krispies w/ honey drizzled on top!Lol Cereal was a staple for me growing up. I haven't had too many kinds that I haven't liked if any at all.

For those using cream of rice, does it have to be cooked. I thought I saw where someone was putting in a shake?? I use baby rice pre-workout.

I never cook it. I do have to mention I'm not from the US so maybe cream of rice is different with you guys, I don't know.. I use trained by JP's version or a different one from another supplement company. Both can be cooked but I just drink it, way quicker.

Dextrose and fruit. One hour later, meat and potatoes or rice.

Shit. If I ate 7 cans of tuna a day I would have half the neighborhood cats following me around.

Jason Huh and his wife (?) got zinc poisoning from eating a lot of fish.
Zinc??

Or

Mercury??

One of those goddamn heavy metals 😉

I’ve been on a grits kick lately as far as carbs…. Undervalued and versatile.

100g of carbs from lucky charms. HBCD used to be my staple but it gets expensive

Zinc??

Or

Mercury??

You are right, my mistake. Mercury.

Rolled oats and salt.

Slightly undercooked, so the oats have texture.

Also have 75g whey in 16oz milk with that.

Zinc??

Or

Mercury??

Grits are my staple. I don’t know where all this cream of rice or cream of wheat is sold, but not down south lol.

1/2 cup grits uncooked is almost 60g carbs, spray butter, salt. Easy to inhale.

If I get crazy I’ll throw some sautéed shrimp in there. But usually just eggwhites and 1-2 whole eggs for PWO

Blood test will show if you have high mercury levels. This happened to a few bodybuilders. I know it's something that @IFBBProDomCardone has dealt with in the past. I think it took him close to a year to feel better.

I have a friend that LOVES sushi and ate tones of the tuna. Roughly 5 years ago he was feeling off and then his motor skills became impaired to the point he was using a cane. The doctors diagnosed him ALS...no joke! A friends girlfriend suggested that he get checked for heavy metals. He said, "Why, I don't work around any?" He wound up asking the doctor for the test(s) for that and the doctor asked if he worked with/around heavy metals and he told her no. She obliged him and ran the test...BINGO!! Once they dug deeper they realized it was the tuna he was eating multiple times a week...he could put it away too! It was a long process of getting it out of his system but he's fine now. Here's the scariest part, he had decided to do assisted suicide once he reached a certain point of suffering with the ALS he had been diagnosed with. THANKFULLY the heavy metal test was suggested and THANKFULLY the doctor ran it.

**PLEASE don't make this a debate or comment about assisted suicide, that was not the point of this story. If anyone does, they will get a 3 day ban!

I have a friend that LOVES sushi and ate tones of the tuna. Roughly 5 years ago he was feeling off and then his motor skills became impaired to the point he was using a cane. The doctors diagnosed him ALS...no joke! A friends girlfriend suggested that he get checked for heavy metals. He said, "Why, I don't work around any?" He wound up asking the doctor for the test(s) for that and the doctor asked if he worked with/around heavy metals and he told her no. She obliged him and ran the test...BINGO!! Once they dug deeper they realized it was the tuna he was eating multiple times a week...he could put it away too! It was a long process of getting it out of his system but he's fine now. Here's the scariest part, he had decided to do assisted suicide once he reached a certain point of suffering with the ALS he had been diagnosed with. THANKFULLY the heavy metal test was suggested and THANKFULLY the doctor ran it.

**PLEASE don't make this a debate or comment about assisted suicide, that was not the point of this story. If anyone does, they will get a 3 day ban!
I'm curious; once he was able to detox, was he able to make a full recovery or was he still left with some neurological symtoms?

Jesus that's scary, I googled the body builders mentioned in the thread and saw it did happen to them to. Guess I'll have to cook more chicken, beef liver, maybe sardines for protein sources. My favorite tuna fish was 2 cans with 2tbsp Natty PB with a ton of mushrooms mixed with cinnamon and Walden farms syrup. Guess I'll save that for a 1x a week treat.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear