over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

front squats

buck1973

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
I just cannot get the feel for them.
I like to keep an open mind try new and dif things change things up
my wrists wont conform i cant get my elbows that far up to rack it across my chest comfortably.
I just want to naturally rack it up on my back
I watch guys and try to copy there form. no luck I try super lite just to try to get it same same.
Is this a young mans exercise (which I cant belive)
Or you just cant teach an old dog a new trick

Try crossing arms over chest and the cocking elbows up resting bar over collar bone area or just do hack squats instead

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Get some wraps, wrist wrapps work great! Wrap them around the bar where ur hands would originally be, grip those when ur set under the bar, and it works very well!

i see too many guys who don't have the flexibility to grip the bar, or even cross their arms,

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Maybe this could help:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sting-Ray-Front-Squat-Stabilizer/dp/B0017DE16I"]Amazon.com: Sting Ray - Front Squat Stabilizer: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fKVe1KosL.@@AMEPARAM@@41fKVe1KosL[/ame]

I can't get in the rack position either. It takes time and stretching to do it that way. You should get some Olympic shoes too maybe for squatting.

That shoulder contraption looks sweet. 225 always kills my shoulder maybe that's a way around it.

thanks for the ideas and Its good to know I am not alone

Peace

I can't get in the rack position either. It takes time and stretching to do it that way. You should get some Olympic shoes too maybe for squatting.

Wrestling shoes may work and Otomix are supposed to good as well, but I haven't tried those.

Spend a little bit of time on Mobility and Lateral (external) shoulder rotation

[ame=http://youtu.be/Un1PDhrU3h0]Solving front rack problems | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 99 | MobilityWOD - YouTube[/ame]

My gym has a front squat harness it is made by GetStrength you can get it @Amazon.
I can't remember the link but you can do a google search and it is at the top.

I meant Olympic she's with a slight heal like Adidas power lifts or nike Romaleos or the adipowers that wizim wears. They make a big deference in the squat and some like them for pulls.

Last edited:
This video may help with the mobility required. In theory, the bar should rest on your shoulder blades. The more muscular your arms and shoulders the more you will need to work on mobility and I would suppose at a certain size it would be prohibitive. Also, keeping the elbows up helps to keep the bar under control. I'm actually dealing with a sprained wrist from loosing the bar at failure during a WOD as a result of letting my elbows drop.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcYPvWzU2JU"](5 of 6) - Chest/Shoulders Stretch - TRX Golf Warm-up Series by IMG Academy - YouTube[/ame]

There have to be videos on the stretches particularly for the "rack position" or racking the bar. Most people have this problem, especially people who bench as a posed to just Olympic lifters. I have the same problem, I want to be able to power clean and front squat so eventually I have get this down.

startingstrength.com/index.php/site/video/platform_the_front_squat

This is a good video but doesn't address the stretch you need.

Solve your front rack issues if you don't you will never be able to correctly clean and jerk. I rarely do back squats front squats are much better for athletes.

There are lots of videos on YouTube look up Kelly starrett he's got all the exercises for gaining mobility everywhere. I always do some of his stretching before hand or my elbows biceps or shoulders end up hurting.

olympic shoes help alot, just focus on form before you put weight on the bar. play around with 135 and get your form perfected before adding weight.

olympic shoes help alot, just focus on form before you put weight on the bar. play around with 135 and get your form perfected before adding weight.

Solid advice.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity