over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GNC's new protein

Capone

Registered
What does everyone think of the new micronized amino acids. I'll admit it has me interersted, but it does have that bullsh** gimic sound to it. Check out GNC's link below for the description and "claims" of this new faster absorbing stuff.

Thoughts??

**broken link removed**

What does everyone think of the new micronized amino acids. I'll admit it has me interersted, but it does have that bullsh** gimic sound to it. Check out GNC's link below for the description and "claims" of this new faster absorbing stuff.

Thoughts??

**broken link removed**

Sounds like good marketing. I wouldn't consider GNC to be the best protien and they are overpriced.

Faster

Thoughts??

**broken link removed**

Faster is probably worse.........less absorbed and less turnover.......speed is over rated to the Nth.

3lbs for $60,, WOW! I hope you have some deep pockets! hahaha

nothing new. same old overpriced crap as always. you want something thats even faster digesting use 100% whey Hydrolysates. not a mix like that is. tho like Phil said not such a good thing.

Yeah, I don't see why I really need hydrolized protein in any quantity. Might be somewhat useful post workout but for everyday i think I'll just stick to my isolate.

I love them!

I love the Micronized Amino Acids in the GNC products...

Last edited:

Thoughts??

**broken link removed**

Garbage

man fuck all that shit, I use a jug of ON chocolate at $20 a pop. I see no reason to spend anymore than that unless its on a bulk bag. Sometimes I'll get some EAS from Sams club for $29 for a big bag of it.

Optimum Nutrition is who makes GNC protein. At least that is what I have been told by upper management. I do work at GNC lol. I work there because I am a full time student and daddy and they are actually really nice about my hours and things like that. I dont use anything in the store except shaker bottles and some RTDs and maybe bars.

Optimum Nutrition is who makes GNC protein. At least that is what I have been told by upper management. I do work at GNC lol. I work there because I am a full time student and daddy and they are actually really nice about my hours and things like that. I dont use anything in the store except shaker bottles and some RTDs and maybe bars.

I've heard this too. I think the protien looks good...fortified with extra leucine and 9g of glutamine. The only problem is that its still 80% protein per serving. You can get 5lb tub of ON (also 80% protein, same quality) for the same price.

It is very true that Optimum has been making the GNC Powders since I can remember.. 2002 or so....

Last edited:
I've been buying Costco's whey isolate. First ingredient is cold filtered whey, second ingredient is ion exchanged whey. I can't believe Costco finally got good protein; at $7 per pound even.

Oh yea! back to topic... Fuck GNC!

Costco

Costco is EAS product correct? If so it uses SOY ISOLATE to keep protein levels high per serving where's as GNC doesn't. The EAS proteins are listed in a (Protein Blend) as the first few ingredients which is also deceptive. (Just about everyone now days does it though). If you dont mind that go for it!

gnc protein isnt bad. its just way overpriced.

but it does have that bullsh** gimic sound to it.

It's called "GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60" for fuck's sake... how many selling "buzzwords" do they need? Think about it. Pro, Performance, AMP, Amplified, Wheybolic, Extreme, and 60 (why not throw in a number, as if the words weren't enough? was there a 20, 30, 50 before this one?). That sounds like someone from marketing got a little carried away. I've got a better name for this sludge:
SacToSD's Superior Hyperanabolic Muscle Maximizing Supercharged Hyperwhey 5000 (Tri-ionized, Departiculated, Quadrafiltered) **may contain radioactive isotopes**

Costco is EAS product correct? If so it uses SOY ISOLATE to keep protein levels high per serving where's as GNC doesn't. The EAS proteins are listed in a (Protein Blend) as the first few ingredients which is also deceptive. (Just about everyone now days does it though). If you dont mind that go for it!

No, no, not that junk. It's actual whey protein isolate, as in no concentrate, no soy, no fillers other than the sweetener and the digestive enzyme blend. It mixes like isolate as well (for obvious reasons); no clumps and homogenizes rapidly. The 3 pound jug that it comes in looks generic and the company is Quality Formulation Laboratories. Not sure if it's available everywhere. Hard to believe, I know.

No, no, not that junk. It's actual whey protein isolate, as in no concentrate, no soy, no fillers other than the sweetener and the digestive enzyme blend. It mixes like isolate as well (for obvious reasons); no clumps and homogenizes rapidly. The 3 pound jug that it comes in looks generic and the company is Quality Formulation Laboratories. Not sure if it's available everywhere. Hard to believe, I know.

I've seen this one too. It looks ok, until you check out the nutritional label and its says 120 cals, 20g of protien. Its only 2/3 protien, 66% per serving.

I've seen this one too. It looks ok, until you check out the nutritional label and its says 120 cals, 20g of protien. Its only 2/3 protien, 66% per serving.

Yea, I saw that too. It's 110 calories, but whatever. If it was nothing but protein it should be about 27 grams per serving. It must be because they sweeten it with fructose, therefore the other remaining weight comes from the 6 grams of carbs it also contains. It's still by far the best deal I've seen at a non-online store for whey isolate. Even at a discount vitamin store the prices for whey isolate are simply outrageous.

ill stick to the bulk costco thank you:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity