over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Grass fed beef - mmmmmm

Stewie Griffon

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
well i just had my first experience with free range, grass fed beef. no antibiotics or hormones were used, nor was it fed corn.

this stuff is delicious!!!! i cant believe the difference in texture and taste. its 93/7 but is MUCH leaner than any 95% or 96% i have eaten of 'normal' beef.

its totally worth the extra $1.40 per lb

if your local store carries any, try it!!!

well i just had my first experience with free range, grass fed beef. no antibiotics or hormones were used, nor was it fed corn.

this stuff is delicious!!!! i cant believe the difference in texture and taste. its 93/7 but is MUCH leaner than any 95% or 96% i have eaten of 'normal' beef.

Where did you get yours from?

I'd love to try it but I've never seen it around here and I doubt any of the local chains would pick it up. I get some e-mails offers on it from a place that I get my coconut oil from but I have a thing about buying mail order meat

Couldn't agree with you more Stewie. This beef fuckin rocks. I have already cooked it up and eaten plain and still tastes good. Get mine at Wegman's too.

Awesome Stewie - AND the fat in it is actually GOOD for you! This should be a dietary mainstay year round in all programs...

JM

from wegman's website

it's imported but that wouldn't stop me. the u.s. meat industry has been a disappointment as far as providing this type of beef for us.

Organic Food You Feel Good About Grass-Fed Beef
Our grass-fed beef comes from Angus-Hereford cattle that spend their entire lives roaming open pastures of fresh, lush native grassland. This certified organic beef is raised on small family farms in Uruguay and packaged in the US. Why not buy American? Our merchants looked for the best-tasting, sustainable source of grass-fed and certified organic beef. In the US, supplies are limited and taste was not up to par— probably because during winter, cattle here are fed dried grasses (hay).

Smart idea: One-third the fat, fewer calories. The Wegmans nutrition team took a close look at our supplier’s grass-fed beef, and the results of their review are impressive: three of the cuts we offerhave about a third as much fat as comparable traditional beef cuts.

That’s less than 5g of fat per 3-oz. cooked serving. A case in point: a 3-oz. cooked serving of our grass-fed organic strip steak has just 130 calories. If you’re looking for great taste and lower fat, give our Grass-Fed Organic Beef a try.

Good stuff.

I prefer using lean grass fed steaks when getting ready for shows, and higher fat grass fed ground beef in the offseason.

I don't even drain my grass fed beef.. Just throw in my homemade chili mix and im good to go!

damnit

I just had a shake and this thread made me starving. Steaks yummm.

I eat this often with some mixed veggies and a little tapatio for flavor...one of my favorite meals actually. Love it!

I bought a steer this year and have to say that its been realy nice eating alot of beef.

I may end up doing the same thing again this next year as well as knocking down a few more deer.

LOL dogwood farms, a local grass fed farm in my area (right down the road) is loving me, they can't keep enough beef in stock...LOL Now the health food store thats near my gym is carrying their beef also and i am rapidly depleting their stock of ground beef also, the woman that owns the store said, "WOW you sure do buy a lot of beef and eggs don't you".. ha ha

I'm addicted...

Seriously, I could eat it every day, I get a fairly decent price for it, completely organic and grass fed 100%... but I try to rotate my proteins, eggs one day, chicken the other, beef, repeat... but I could have it every day easily.

I really couldn't tell much of a difference. I tried it from Whole Foods. It was really freaking expensive though.:)

A Suggestion...

I really couldn't tell much of a difference. I tried it from Whole Foods. It was really freaking expensive though.:)

Try Craigslist, really.

Much of what Whole Foods gets is grain finished for varying amounts of time...

The stuff I got from Whole Foods here in Columbus paled in comparison to what my farmers supply me with...you may want to try finding a good farmer on Eat Wild

JM

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311