over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GSP vs BJ Penn fight night

Spike has sure been hyping this fight up. I sure would hate to pay the ppv prices to see a one rounder. I have to agree that Penn is a tough kid but don't like him as an individual. Hope GSP takes him.

GSP will teach Penn the meaning of the words "Beat down"...:D

GSP all the way without a doubt. That is one tough french (canadian) man

I don't know but Penn really beat him in the first fight and hurt him bad. (Penn lost the decision) Penn has some very heavy hands and GSP chin is suspect. On the ground I think it will be even. Both guys have improved a lot. GSP is better mentally and Penn actually is working hard for a change and in shape.

I give it to Penn.

last time

I don't know but Penn really beat him in the first fight and hurt him bad. (Penn lost the decision) Penn has some very heavy hands and GSP chin is suspect. On the ground I think it will be even. Both guys have improved a lot. GSP is better mentally and Penn actually is working hard for a change and in shape.

I give it to Penn.

i would agree penn won the first round and gsp got some damage to his face.....but the whole rest of the fight gsp scored take-down after take-down. it was a good decision.

I can understand why most dislike BJ Penn, however, for the promotion of the Penn vs.Sherk fight, he did the same things. After the fight, he told Sherk that his actions was just to make the fight one of the biggest fights in the UFC. Being from Hawaii, I've met BJ a couple of times and he really is a nice guy. With that being said, I still think GSP will come on top :D

it's getting closer............

Ok, the count down is here............St.Pierre/Penn fight...........
I was wondering if any members in Orlando knew where they will watch the fight.......We are trying to decide if we will have people over, which is what we usually do, or go to a sports bar and maybe meet friends/members in Orlando.

*And St.Pierre is my number 1 pick/choice, he doesn't play around, and is very fast. I know Penn has big time talent as well.....my twin sons are actually going for Penn, but they like GSP.

penn all the way.. if penn was conditioned in the first match, penn would have kicked gsp's ass.

GSP's athleticism and raw speed will be the factor, even if a lot of people won't admit it. I keep hearing about Penn's talent.....he's going to need it when Pierre is taking him down at will. The strength factor will also be big. Penn is now where near as strong as Pierre, so those submission attempts will be that much more difficult. Pierre is a beast, and i expect a schooling on saturday night.

By no means will either of them win the fight with ease. I see it going to the 3rd round and GSP just simply wearing Penn down. I don't care how much Penn is running under water carrying rocks, his conditioning will NEVER be on the level of GSP. Penn has talent but he just doesn't use it as well as GSP does.

I love watching Penn fight though, I can only dream of being that flexible. Hell!! I'll be happy to sit indian style one day w/out it hurting :D

I'm sitting here watching Spike TV, and getting really excited and pumped about the George St. Pierre vs BJ Penn fight on Jan. 31st. I can't wait....I am a big fan of GSP , but I know it will be a bad ass fight. What are you thoughts on the fight, and where will it end up, ground or standing? and where will you watch the fight?

seems like all chicks like GSP....to funny.

close fight, I wouldn't put money on it.

George St. Pierre will overpower him. George will beat him again by taking him down.

takedown strategy

George St. Pierre will overpower him. George will beat him again by taking him down.

last time gsp took him down almost at will. penn is not stupid and i'm sure he's ready for gsp's takedowns this time. i want gsp to win this but he will need to do something different . i don't think he should stand toe to toe with penn, too risky and penn can throw leather with anybody. i'm sure both have studied the tapes of the last fight and have adjusted thier strategy accordingly. guess we have to wait and see......

If Penn comes in shape for 5 rounds, GSP will get destroyed. Will be the best fight of 09 for sure though.

last time gsp took him down almost at will. penn is not stupid and i'm sure he's ready for gsp's takedowns this time. i want gsp to win this but he will need to do something different . i don't think he should stand toe to toe with penn, too risky and penn can throw leather with anybody. i'm sure both have studied the tapes of the last fight and have adjusted thier strategy accordingly. guess we have to wait and see......

GSP was only able to take Penn down once he was gassed, like I said in my post above, If Penn comes in shape GSP will not get those same take downs. Other than that, it is not a wrestling match, takedowns only count if you can inflict damage with the dominant position you gain from them. Last fight, GSP did NO damage after the takedown.

How many fights has Penn been in real good shape for, maybe 3 or 4? So we agree this could be his downfall. If St. P can utilize a good upper cut he can hurt Penn, Penn always drops his head in the stand up.

GREAT FIGHT

It will be a tough one. GSP seems so focused and intense. Penn seems so relaxed when fighting. They both have good stand up and take down. I think Penn is better throwing leather standing. Gsp has better take down, but Penn has better submissions. If the fight goes to the ground a lot Gsp will take it. If its a stand up fight Penn will prevail. Either way it will be a great fight.
I just think right now GSP is more focused and will take this one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131