over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GSP vs BJ Penn fight night

It wont go down like that. Penn is going to get his ass handed to him.

GSP will destroy him.

LOL. OK bro. You are entitled to your own opinion. The last fight went the distance, what makes you think this one will end quickly?

well.. i am not a penn fan.. but, i look at it this way.. he had trouble getting jodaddy stevenson out of there even with a fight stopping cut.. he took 3 rounds to do that.. he had trouble for a while finally getting jens to submit.. it took three rounds to get sherk out of there and sherk was standing up with penn the whole time.. now none of these guys would give gsp a issue.. is penn better than the last fight?.. a little.. is gsp better than their last fight?.. in droves..

well.. i am not a penn fan.. but, i look at it this way.. he had trouble getting jodaddy stevenson out of there even with a fight stopping cut.. he took 3 rounds to do that.. he had trouble for a while finally getting jens to submit.. it took three rounds to get sherk out of there and sherk was standing up with penn the whole time.. now none of these guys would give gsp a issue.. is penn better than the last fight?.. a little.. is gsp better than their last fight?.. in droves..

Be for real, these fights may have gone to the later rounds, but so have GSP's. Penn had NO trouble with Stevenson or Sherk or Jens...none them even touched him. All three fights were a major one sided ass beating. All three are great fighters though, that is why they did not get KOed right away by Penn.

Man its almost here!

BJ PENN here...I sitting here at Toughs house as he mentally prepares me for this up coming bout reading your comments about the fight tomorrow night...For those of you who don't think I'm not going to destroy GSP, don't bet the fight...There are several here who are already having problems making the house payments and I'd hate to be responsible for your house foreclosure...Enough said.

BJ PENN here...I sitting here at Toughs house as he mentally prepares me for this up coming bout reading your comments about the fight tomorrow night...For those of you who don't think I'm not going to destroy GSP, don't bet the fight...There are several here who are already having problems making the house payments and I'd hate to be responsible for your house foreclosure...Enough said.

Say hi to Professor Alan G for me.

For a few of you that don't think GSP will take Penn to the ground with ease, i hope you are not sore losers. Penn will be on his back quickly, and the ground and pound will begin. Penn is smart, but so is Pierre. Pierre is focused enough to maintain body control where others may move right into a submission. I'm not saying it will be a joke of a fight, but the "chubby boy" Penn shouldn't have done so much shit talking. He'll be eating those words for dinner tomorrow night.

For a few of you that don't think GSP will take Penn to the ground with ease, i hope you are not sore losers. Penn will be on his back quickly, and the ground and pound will begin. Penn is smart, but so is Pierre. Pierre is focused enough to maintain body control where others may move right into a submission. I'm not saying it will be a joke of a fight, but the "chubby boy" Penn shouldn't have done so much shit talking. He'll be eating those words for dinner tomorrow night.

Pierre may be able to take down Penn, but there will be no ground and pound. Penns Jiu Jistsu is too good, GSP may get in some shots, but nothing that is going to do any serious damage. Remember, this is not a wrestling match, there are no points for takedowns.

GSP. no way can BJ dominate after trying to make weight for welterweight

What?

Pierre may be able to take down Penn, but there will be no ground and pound. Penns Jiu Jistsu is too good, GSP may get in some shots, but nothing that is going to do any serious damage. Remember, this is not a wrestling match, there are no points for takedowns.

Takedowns are counted as points on the scorecard. Falls under Octagon control.

Thank you for clearing this up. I've heard that misconception about takedowns being meaningless lately.......takedowns count. Pierre can control a fight with just his ability to use his superior quickness and strength for takedowns. I'm excited to see Penn have to shut his F*%^&$%ing mouth and learn some respect.

I have no problem with anyone that supports Penn. He is a great fighter. I just don't care for the way he carries himself. If he wants to talk a bunch of shit about his opponent, he needs to go to the WWE.

Last edited:
As of right now they still count.

Thank you for clearing this up. I've heard that misconception about takedowns being meaningless lately.......takedowns count. Pierre can control a fight with just his ability to use his superior quickness and strength for takedowns. I'm excited to see Penn have to shut his F*%^&$%ing mouth and learn some respect.

There is some discussion and debate amongst the rules commissions about only awarding the points if the takedown is followed by doing some damage and not awarding points for takedowns that result in "laying and praying" but as of right now takedowns count regardless of what the shooter does with it.

BINGO! that's how BJ got screwed out of the decision on their first fight...it's one thing if you get taken down and pounded, but if you're taken down only to have someone lay on you till you get back off your back then NO POINTS in my book!!

BINGO! that's how BJ got screwed out of the decision on their first fight...it's one thing if you get taken down and pounded, but if you're taken down only to have someone lay on you till you get back off your back then NO POINTS in my book!!

If he doesn't want Pierre to get those points, then maybe he should guard against the takedown better.....but that is where Pierre's quickness is demonstrated.

Who knows....Penn may have gotten better than i expect, but i still see a Pierre victory.

Last edited:
There is some discussion and debate amongst the rules commissions about only awarding the points if the takedown is followed by doing some damage and not awarding points for takedowns that result in "laying and praying" but as of right now takedowns count regardless of what the shooter does with it.

You get credit for gaining dominant position, not points.

penn's conditioning will be a very major consideration in who wins this fight.

if penn gasses early, gsp will dispatch of him easily.

i like bj on the ground more than gsp. bj had a good chin and can take a strike, and he has good hands to throw with.

gsp can fight 10 rounds and not gas. his athleticism and striking make him dangerous.

if penn shows up in shape, i think he can win this. if he's not in shape, he'll be in for a long nite.

all this being said, everyone who says gsp is going to punish penn is way off- koschek isn't half the fighter penn is and gsp couldn't finish him.

BFU

Last edited:
How many times has:

BJ's mental toughness been in question = 0

GSP mental toughness been in question = Everytime he fights it is suspect

Listening to the interviews I think Penn is already in GSP's head. Penn's skill is good enough to beat GSP, especially, if his mental game is off just a tiny bit.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131