over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym clothes Smell

pahlevan

Registered
So I get a bit attached to my Gym shirts (cotton) and don't like to keep throwing them out after a month!! Lol. The problem is that regardless of washing, steaming etc.. They get this sour smell, especially around the neck. I seem to be only one who smells it and it bothers the heck out of me. I imagine I'm not the only person having this issue. Trying to find a solution outside of switching to Under Armour type synthetic material. Thanks.

Wash your gym clothes with white vinegar and detergent

Exactly.......I work in a chemical plant. The body and anything organic releases very small amounts of a compound called trimethylamine when you sweat. This stuff is detectable in the PPB (parts per billion) by smell depending upon concentration.

We deal with it in huge quantities. In the PPM (parts per million) range....it takes on more of an ammonia smell.

But all of our clothes are washed with a small amount of vinegar.....we even use vinegar diluted in a spray bottle when we shower out.

But it's the cheapest way of negating that odor aside from other very expensive products used for "spill containment".

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I have the same problem. My clothes always have this damp musty smell to them even after being freshly washed. Im gonna have to try the vinegar

Yes. Great ideas that has worked for me. Also try to get white type gym shirts,so that way you can wash them in Clorox. Or buy shirts at Old Navy, on sale I have picked some shirts as low as $3- when it gets to the point where washing does not get rid of the order, just toss it out. Also, wash them right after working out. Also Old Navy has cheap "dry wick, quick dry"shirt. Please don't be those guys that wear unwashed dried sweat shirts that was left in the car,gym lockers and worn again without washing. There's this one guy at my gym that reeks this unwashed dried sweat smell, I literally know he is in the gym, it lingers in the air and on the machines-irritates me because he uses no towel to cover the benches and does not wipe after use! Nice guy though. Hope this helps.
Take care.
MS

I use one cup vinegar. No detergent or softener. But I do use half a dryer sheet to stop the static.

The vinegar is a good recommendation. I also find that a scoop of Oxy powder added to a load also solves the problem.

When I was young my mom washed all my sweaty sports stuff in lestoil and I never could figure out why. Found it works great for the stinky gym clothes

Another solution might be to stop working out, that'll get rid of any future smells [emoji5]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

As the others said, vinegar. Soak the clothes in a bucket with vinegar and water. Doesn't have to be a huge amount. One cup or so. Soak for a day or so and that should take out just about anything.

White vinegar and baking soda in the wash. Problem solved.

When I wash my Gym Clothes.
I use Detergent and Clorox (either regular or color safe).
And I use Downy as my Fabric Softener, and it gives them an Acceptable Smell.......... JP
P.S.
If they get Too Funky, Toss-em, and Buy some New Ones, I like the Old Navy suggestion.

I use folex carpet cleaner spray on problem areas. And then put oxy clean along with plenty of detergent in the wash. Dry with fabric softener.

Wash them with a good amount of bleach. Somebody else mentioned vinegar. I've never personally tried vinegar but I heard it works.

Another solution might be to stop working out, that'll get rid of any future smells [emoji5]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sounds like a person with a natural funk so that wouldn't even stop it...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fabric softener is a no-no on polyester or poly blends. You wash 50/50 or poly inside out. Vinegar does help but you have to do it every time. Just once in a while and it won't be able to keep it from smelling for very long.

Vinegar works wonders, I also find straight borax is a great addition to regular detergent. If your stuff REALLY gets foul, use hot water and then let everything just sit in the water with vinegar for an hour or two before letting it finish washing.

Gets that smell, the peed in smell (got an 11 month old with a 21 year old's bladder), and the mildew smell if you forget to switch the load over all out with ease.

Definitely white vinegar on the armpits as others have noted! Baking soda helps bring out the white in the cotton too!

Vinegar works wonders, I also find straight borax is a great addition to regular detergent. If your stuff REALLY gets foul, use hot water and then let everything just sit in the water with vinegar for an hour or two before letting it finish washing.

Gets that smell, the peed in smell (got an 11 month old with a 21 year old's bladder), and the mildew smell if you forget to switch the load over all out with ease.

Ah, yes, forgot, hot water to really permeate the fabric. I think poly blends and poly itself calls for cold. I know mine do. Some of my work shirts smelled like dog piss lol. Never could get them right because poly holds onto everything if you don't catch it fast. Also wash those separate from everything else.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws