over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym owner/ managers

Upkeep - make sure equipment is maintained. Make sure it’s fixed promptly. Nothing makes me want to cancel more than an “out of service” sign for 6 months

Privacy - toss people who are recording people without permission or disrupt others workouts with their filming. I don’t have a problem with people recording but when they ask me to move because I’m in their shot it’s infuriating. No recording in the bathroom/locker room period.

Honestly people are so cheap now with gyms. 20 year's ago 70$ was an amount i was happy to pay to go a place I spent so much time and it kept the non serious out. Now that number is absurd and people will only pay like 25$ for planet fitness, then the same friend who is being cheap will scratch off a 40$ lotto ticket as he’s telling me he can’t afford it. I know it’s most but cities they are like non money makers and really coaching and having a small barbell style strength gym with coaching as part of the fee. Just a suggestion but I’m from Brooklyn so.

Honestly people are so cheap now with gyms. 20 year's ago 70$ was an amount i was happy to pay to go a place I spent so much time and it kept the non serious out. Now that number is absurd and people will only pay like 25$ for planet fitness, then the same friend who is being cheap will scratch off a 40$ lotto ticket as he’s telling me he can’t afford it. I know it’s most but cities they are like non money makers and really coaching and having a small barbell style strength gym with coaching as part of the fee. Just a suggestion but I’m from Brooklyn so.

Brooklyn used to have some great dusty gyms. Now with all the influencers and kids moving in it’s turned into Manhattan prices.

Another thing is to have unique pieces of equipment besides basic. I seek out gums with GHR, reverse hyper, turf, horizontal leg press.

Another thing is to have unique pieces of equipment besides basic. I seek out gums with GHR, reverse hyper, turf, horizontal leg press.
Exactly, now I wonder how huge chains haven’t picked up on what they should have more and instead with have several of the same redundant machine and instead could have all quality real equipment for less.

Another tips.

1. Please don’t have the over head music thumping loud. Everyone has earphones thee days and listen to their own. No need to put ridiculous overhead music at the sound level of a concert.

2. This is a bit extravagant and only if you plan to go very high end. Individual screens at cardio station where people can listen/
Watch YouTube videos while doing cardio.

Exactly, now I wonder how huge chains haven’t picked up on what they should have more and instead with have several of the same redundant machine and instead could have all quality real equipment for less.
I think they r in the business of quantity over quality. I have noticed in All industries there are two ways to make money and usually they are mutually exclusive. Quantity or quality.
Very few companies are able to combine the two. Some do such as chick fila, Publix etc.

I think they r in the business of quantity over quality. I have noticed in All industries there are two ways to make money and usually they are mutually exclusive. Quantity or quality.
Very few companies are able to combine the two. Some do such as chick fila, Publix etc.
Exactly - gyms make money by keeping overhead low and having members who don’t use it but keep paying. Every time a machine gets used it’s going to cost you money (maintenance, repairs, etc). They want machines and equipment that is easy and cost effective to repair. Preferably that’s leased or comes with a service plan. A lot of these gyms lease packages and the unkque equipment is not included. At least that’s how it was when I managing training departments 10+ years ago. The gym I go to now is a franchised piece of shit with a low membership cost. Everything is always broken and they don’t repair it until the Google reviews come in. I used work in these McDonald’s colored monstrosities and the corporate meetings were always joking about how all the money is made by signing people up who never come. And they were right. When these first came out the owners were netting sever hundred thousand in profit in their first couple years.

It’s weird but I think in nyc, even in the outer boroughs they aren’t planning on opening any or changing any because it’s not profitable. They just sort of have the same old equipment. I remember I asked for 2 bumpers to deadlift because they only had hex plates a few years ago and they had someone almost laughing because he was so clueless. When I called corporate they gave me the name of someone “who was in charge of equipment” who hadnt worked there in like 10 years, I know because I remember when he was fired for doing something unlike himself in a drunken fight. It’s like they are just riding them out because they can’t compete with planet fitness etc. the CrossFit places do well or survive because of the size and amount of money. One gym that had decent stuff and a lots of power racks and things people actually use, just killed a big portion of the gym for a posing room lol. It’s like no not a heavy bag room or something useful. When they do have racks usually in other gyms they are like overcomplicated ones that end up sucking because the incriminate for safeties etc are way too large and the changing of anything is a pain or just they suck and a rogue rack would have been better. But the whole glute ham raise thing not being in every gym, blows my mind. Also when they have no safety squat bar or angled dip station. Or neutral drip bar, but have every over priced giant outdated garbage machine. I’ve met the girl who did the buying for nysc and she had no idea what any of it was. They have to be doing so on purpose, old school lifting etc is too popular now on IG etc for everyone not to know have access to see what’s popular. I think for the original reason of liability maybe, mixed with other reasons. Honestly I’m babbling, who knows lol

Exactly - gyms make money by keeping overhead low and having members who don’t use it but keep paying. Every time a machine gets used it’s going to cost you money (maintenance, repairs, etc). They want machines and equipment that is easy and cost effective to repair. Preferably that’s leased or comes with a service plan. A lot of these gyms lease packages and the unkque equipment is not included. At least that’s how it was when I managing training departments 10+ years ago. The gym I go to now is a franchised piece of shit with a low membership cost. Everything is always broken and they don’t repair it until the Google reviews come in. I used work in these McDonald’s colored monstrosities and the corporate meetings were always joking about how all the money is made by signing people up who never come. And they were right. When these first came out the owners were netting sever hundred thousand in profit in their first couple years.
I really agree. This is what rippetoe said was the cause of people forgetting everything in the 90s, I Remember as a kid no one squatted or deadlifted and flex Magazine has a big part in misleading everyone on what the lifts looked like and even programs were misleading. Supposedly the corporate culture lead to liability being an issue and teaching people not being a money maker as much as disinformation and bosu ball nonsense. I think it was worse here in nyc since we didn’t have football programs that had serious lifting like other places.

I really agree. This is what rippetoe said was the cause of people forgetting everything in the 90s, I Remember as a kid no one squatted or deadlifted and flex Magazine has a big part in misleading everyone on what the lifts looked like and even programs were misleading. Supposedly the corporate culture lead to liability being an issue and teaching people not being a money maker as much as disinformation and bosu ball nonsense. I think it was worse here in nyc since we didn’t have football programs that had serious lifting like other places.

Flex was such a jumping point for so many but just a total hub of disinformation. Then you found muscular development and thought it was the real deal..same articles over and over and over..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131