over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HAD TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST!

Mr_Magoo

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i cant stand seeing anymore that morning cardio is the best time to do cardio bc ur body is depleted of glycogen... that's bs unless u never eat carbs and never carb up after a workout

the reason morning cardio is efficient is bc your body has very little insulin if any release going on and therefore, fat loss in not impeded

had to get that off my chest

HAHAHA......I UNDERSTAND!

I APPRECIATE THE POST AND KNOW JUST HOW YOU ARE FEELING....SOMETIMES A GUY JUST WANTS TO CALL BULLSHIT!:D

I'm glad you pointed that out as I've been led to believe the depleted theory.

xcel

Very misinformed!

I will agree with you to some extent that insulin does infact play a role in fat loss. Insulin spikes slow the metabolism down. what foods carry insulin(i.e. sugars) CARBS! the next time you look at a whole food protein source such as white albacore,chicken breast,ground beef,ect..... tell me how much sugar is in them. I guarantee you will find little to none. The reason your body burns fat at such an increased level in the AM is because your body has been in a sedentary state for on average a period of 7-8 hours without food all inwhich(depending on the glycemic index of the specific carb) your body has burned and utilized as an energy source while you sleep, therefore when you awake you have in essence depleated your excess carbs and insulin as well and your body turns to the only other form of energy it can use and that is fats most notably stored fat aka bodyfat. If you care to dispute this feel free to e-mail myself,D.C.,Skip,Chad Nicholl's,Chris Aceto,Hany Rambod,ect.......... We will all tell you the same thing. I hoep this clears the air some wyldeone.

Hey Wylde-good to see you around. Arnold this year?

I agree totally. The only thing I would not like about AM Cardio is that your body is in a somewhat catabolic state, and along with fat loss, you may become furtner catabolic in addition.

MikeS said:
Hey Wylde-good to see you around. Arnold this year?

I agree totally. The only thing I would not like about AM Cardio is that your body is in a somewhat catabolic state, and along with fat loss, you may become furtner catabolic in addition.
Hence the importance of "low-intensity" cardio - to lose fat, not muscle.

xcel

I hear many recommend a 20g protein shake before Morning cardio. Is this advisable to do? Even if this does not have many carbs in it(2-4g's) will it spike your insulin levels enough to damper fatloss during the cardio sesssion? What about taking in some Amino Acid's to keep you out of a catabolic state during morning empty stomach cardio?
GRIZZ

Morning

Anyone who checks their blood sugar in the morning knows that it is elevated. What wakes us up in the morning is "Dawn syndrome", which is when the liver creates sugar to provide more energy to help us want to get up and move around. A diabetic is a good person to talk to about this. I can see how on a very small scale it might help, buy it has very minimal effect. Any time of the day is pretty much going to do the same thing. There are many other things to consider than getting up early to burn fat. We really cant micro manage this. You would have to basically not eat many carbs after this morning workout because the body will in turn just store more carbs than normal after the exercise. Calories in and calories out, stick to that. Always lift heavy weights first, then if you can stand it, do some cardio. This is what you do if you want to be huge and lean. If you just want to be lean, do cardio early in the morning.

Mr_Magoo said:
i cant stand seeing anymore that morning cardio is the best time to do cardio bc ur body is depleted of glycogen... that's bs unless u never eat carbs and never carb up after a workout

the reason morning cardio is efficient is bc your body has very little insulin if any release going on and therefore, fat loss in not impeded

had to get that off my chest

Thats a great way to say it, I was long winded, hahahhha.

Big pp

Remember him? He is my training partner and an expert on blood sugar levels. Not sure what his name is here on this site, but I will have him come on here and answer a few questions if he has time.

Bump

Bump for Phils partner.

So your guys opinion is that after a workout or late in the evening after all your meals is the better time? This is of
course for contest purposes that Im asking.

I've always did my cardio 1st thing in the am (after some glutamine and BCAA's) and last thing at night WHILE
keeping my LBM and always reached the 4-5% bf goal.

But if your saying there is a chance I could keep even
more LBM doing cardio after training only or evening
only, Im willing to give it a try.

Last edited:
The other advantage of AM cardio is to up your metabolism for the rest of the day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131