advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has bodybuilding ever ruined your relationships in life??

w8's

Registered
Have you ever lost a long term girlfriend because of this sport??

Have you had things in your relationship completley change after dieting for a show???

of course

but your girl should know its only the low carbs speaking.

Never lost a relationship, but my current GF is always complaining about the fact that I shave my arms year round. Not because of the looks but she likes to cttle and when I miss a day or two it scratches her. She has asked me to stop. I told her I love her but I need to do this for me and she undrestands.

let me clarify why i posted this. my girl of 4 years (living togther for 3) and I broke up recently. well dieting for a show that i won a while back is when shit went wrong. she lost something for me durring this time that she was never able to get back. id on't know what it was but it was never the same after this point. way less sex. intimacy etc. i was dieting never went out, never took her anywhere, probably didn't take care of her needs enough by talking etc. But i was in full on contest mode and if it was me losing my job or the show, i would have walked out of my job at the time. nothing else really mattered i got all fucked and crazy in the head and didnt' care about shit else to be honest. i wanted the win bad. (which i got. but at what price). every since then. then minute i mentioned the word "show" she hit the fan basically made scene at christmas dinner in front of my parents etc. it was a bad scene.

just wanted to know if anyone had gone through similar situations.

w8's

if someone interferes with a passion of yours no matter what it is...(unless its ur passion is something crazy like smokin crack) then they shouldnt be around...

she doesnt have to like what ur passion is or even help you carry it out.. but she should be understanding even if she doesnt approve..

i think i'm missing something bro... did u totally ignore her during contest prep...or were u just a pissy bastard like everyone else gets...

w8s

I think it was a factor with me and my Ex. was actually the topic of our last fight. called me a drug addict or something to that effect who sticks needles in themselves. i barely used much gear anyway

If i could do it all over again, I would not have discussed bodybuilding so much with her and especially juice. I thought of her as like my best friend and talked to her like she was one of my guy friends almost.

was a very nice girl and it still bothers me.

but you just gotta learn from ur mistakes. if doin shows make u happy then DO IT!!! but don't forget the people u care about in the process

Last edited:
Oh man a good question. Any of you knowing me for awhile know what we went through from the Muscular Development article in Sept 2000, or the chapter in Legal Muscle. Back in those days my wife and I were very in love and although she was not happy that my passion for the sport landed her in jail for a couple hours and with charges (hers were dropped-I took care of all the lawyers&financeds)-she kind of understood. She was a former pro athlete, a good ameture in track did Olympic trials. SO she understood the need to do your best-no doubt it was a great thing we had in common.
Now we dont get along its a different story. She brings up the incident always (it was 5yrs ago). Although I have made sure anything I do/use is external to her and our home she still harps on me.

It boils down to this-is your woman cool, or not? Same situation-different reaction. When she was cool it was OK. Now she is a bitch and its not cool. She is always looking for leverage to win an argument and that is always convenient. :(

I"m gonna be honest and admit that I didnt read EVERY word of this thread so if I repeat something . . . well, a little redundancy never hurt :)

It's funny how things change. I didnt lose mine due to "diet" but to COMMITMENT to something else than her/us. I've come to learn (from personal experience) that women dont like to "Share" top billing if they give it to you completely. To many people it should be equal, if YOU'RE the top priority to ME then I should be to YOU. Know what I mean? How many times have we heard that women dont want to date BBers cause we're married to the gym? Its a freakin stereotype.

The girl I date now has a daughter so her TOP commitment is her kid, mine is training, so its equal and we havent had one single issue in over 4 years. I was even late to her B-day party cause I was having a good bench day and it was ok :D

The point is, your life has focus that some women wont be able to hang with. You ex lasted as long as she could. But at the end of the day more than likely she decided that she wanted someone whos passions didnt require then to become skeletal (as MY ex called it ;) ), live at the gym, eat like a freak, and constantly go through life with some body part in agony - not to mention the gear, the money SPENT on gear . . . yadda yadda yadda . . . its MORE than just the show or the diet, its the lifestyle brother.

Good topic. Speaking for myself, I don't compete, but I do participate in the bodybuilding lifestyle (training, diet, supplements, gear...) My marriage of 14 years ended in divorce after I was busted in 2000 for poss. of roids. In a nutshell, I lost my job/income of 11 yrs, it was published in the news, I was publically humiliated. My wife didn't understand and still does not to this day. She still throws it in my face when an argument takes place. Calls me a drug addict, looser....and whatever.

I think it comes down to both people have to understand and respect each other's personal goals/ lifestyles. If someone respects and loves you for who you are and how you treat them, they will be completly understanding about your lifestyle. And they will be by your side when you have a bad day or when shit goes wrong. Just the same, you should be there for them as well. If not, it's time to find someone that will.

My 2 pennies...
DOGGTALES

I have not had a relationship end over my bodybuilding, but I do know that if things ever turn ugly with my wife, she will bury me with the shit she knows. She gives me my shots, knows about gear, the types, ancillaries, etc... and even did a cycle of primo herself (plus she uses all my damn Clen!). I trust her totally, but if god forbid, we ever got into it, I know she would cut lose on me with this - even call the cops on me I think. She knows too much brothers. So I know that if I ever want out (which I don't) I would have to clean house and stay clean for a while to rid myself and her of any proof. She's a vindictive person - thankfully she's never cut loose on me, and I plan to keep it that way.

DrG

drgoodbody said:
I have not had a relationship end over my bodybuilding, but I do know that if things ever turn ugly with my wife, she will bury me with the shit she knows. She gives me my shots, knows about gear, the types, ancillaries, etc... and even did a cycle of primo herself (plus she uses all my damn Clen!). I trust her totally, but if god forbid, we ever got into it, I know she would cut lose on me with this - even call the cops on me I think. She knows too much brothers. So I know that if I ever want out (which I don't) I would have to clean house and stay clean for a while to rid myself and her of any proof. She's a vindictive person - thankfully she's never cut loose on me, and I plan to keep it that way.

DrG

thats crazy that u think ur wife would turn on u like that just cuz the relationship didnt work out....

i couldnt stay with someone like that...

GERM - people tend to use what they know when it turns ugly, I've seen it enough times to know. Like I said, I trust her totally, so I'm not concerned - not like she's ever threatened me, its just a gut feel that I have about her knowing her personality.

DrG

DrGB,

I was in the same situation with my ex who i lived with. She saw me making tren, i convinced her that it was injectable vitamin B, i showed her the posts on the boards on how VitB increases appettite blah blah, and i showed her how i made them. she color of my VitB tabs was the same as fina so she bought it for a while..... with in the first month of us dating she asked if i was on juice.... of course i said no cuz we were only dating for a month just too keep myself safe.....

then i started working out with my female friend on a regular basis.... she absolutely hated this cuz i was sharing something with another girl that i didnt with her (and i tried to get her to come to the gym with me for months, she was always bitching about her body but didnt want to do the work that she had to to fix it and bitched her ass off the ONE day she did go to the gym)... so she started to get psycho..... she started reading all my posts, PMs, registering on boards after i started to delete my cookies.... ect.... it got bad.... stealing my cell phone to check text messages.....

the one thing that saved my ass was my post when i asked if i should tell her or not... i said i was scared to for Dr GBs reason... she could use it against me.... and she knew i knew she was like that..... she brought up how i lied to her blah blah.. i said "you know why i didnt tell you".. "i know but you still lied blah blah"..... it was ridiculous..... so she told me to chose, her or the gym, my training partner, and juice, .....

well boys, i'm still here so you know which i chose

bottom line is..... if she's right for you, she'll understand...

its an ugly situation that i hope nobody has to go through

It never ruined it..if anything it strengthened it with my fiance and myself. Having someone who competes and understands etc, etc, sure helps.

I guess the key with this lifestyle is to find someone with the same goals and devotion to the sport and/or there bodies.

Jonnyel said:
I guess the key with this lifestyle is to find someone with the same goals and devotion to the sport and/or there bodies.

Exactly - as long as it doesn't turn into a competitive situation, that can suck too.

My wife has been 100% supportive, thank god.

Pickels - that chick ever try to fuck you over after you kicked her to the curb?

DrG

Re: ...

G.E.R.M said:

thats crazy that u think ur wife would turn on u like that just cuz the relationship didnt work out....

Oh, but they will! They will! You should hear the threats now!
Before she also gave me shots, helped me count tabs, picked up gear and sent money for me (way back when...). Still gives me shots when we are doing OK-which is rarely.

But to her, her drinking, smoking, and drinking and driving are all OK...

Even what seems at the time to be the coolest of women (my wife used to be)-they can turn into a permanent nutcase in a second! Its unreal!

Re: of course

Vander_V said:
but your girl should know its only the low carbs speaking.

that..... and the PROTEIN GAS gets 'em everytime!
hhahahahahaah

Re: Re: ...

MikeS said:

Oh, but they will! They will! You should hear the threats now!
Before she also gave me shots, helped me count tabs, picked up gear and sent money for me (way back when...). Still gives me shots when we are doing OK-which is rarely.

But to her, her drinking, smoking, and drinking and driving are all OK...

Even what seems at the time to be the coolest of women (my wife used to be)-they can turn into a permanent nutcase in a second! Its unreal!

MikeS,

Bro, that is sooooo true and sounds familiar. Sorry to hear that you are going thru that

Sweating

Not specifically bbing ruined anything, but my damn sweating so much has def affected my social life somewhat...

My input on this is, that while I am not a bb-er, I'm a football player, but many of the things we do are the same, girls will never understand, I've had relationships with girls that I truly loved end because of my commitment to working out and football... they will just never understand... I guess that's the way it is

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131