over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health Supps That Really Work

mike036

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Here is a list of supps that I take that have proven through bloodwork and blood pressure monitor to work for me -
Beet Root Powder - I have been using for about 2 years now, keeps my bp around low to mid 120’s over low to mid 70’s
Astragalus - pre astragalus my gfr was 69. After using for several months my gfr climbed to 81. I want to thank Dante for recommending this and also the beet root powder.
Citrus Bergemot and Krill Oil- even on cycle my LDL hasn’t gone above 130 and my HDL hasn’t gone lower than 58, triglycerides always less than 80.Citrus bergemot also has an added benefit of lowering blood sugar levels, my fasted glucose is always about 10 points lower when using it

Carditone keeps my blood pressure in check at times when I need it.

I also take ubiquinol and curcumin. My last c reactive protein score was 0.3 so very little inflammation going on

I personally believe in taking both natural and pharm supps
My supp stack as of Now
Krill oil
Ubiquinol
curcumin
Vit D3
Choline/inositol

Pharm stack
Lisinopril
lipitor
Metformin
UDCA

I also eat oily fish atleast 4 times a week, and have plant based omega 3s as well like chia and flax seeds.
Also use almond butter and olive oil
Idk if it’s overkill but I feel better since I added these and want to make sure I’m getting my omegas from all sources
Also to note - I don’t get any sides from the Metformin (no stomach issues) or any sides from the statins.

How did you find your exact GFR? Did you do a 24 hour urine test?

For me, just fatty fish and a healthy diet. I take a multi just to be safe and vitamin D in addition, just to be safe. Nothing fancy.

Here is a list of supps that I take that have proven through bloodwork and blood pressure monitor to work for me -
Beet Root Powder - I have been using for about 2 years now, keeps my bp around low to mid 120’s over low to mid 70’s
Astragalus - pre astragalus my gfr was 69. After using for several months my gfr climbed to 81. I want to thank Dante for recommending this and also the beet root powder.
Citrus Bergemot and Krill Oil- even on cycle my LDL hasn’t gone above 130 and my HDL hasn’t gone lower than 58, triglycerides always less than 80.Citrus bergemot also has an added benefit of lowering blood sugar levels, my fasted glucose is always about 10 points lower when using it

How much do you take of each, those are good numbers man

How did you find your exact GFR? Did you do a 24 hour urine test?

For me, just fatty fish and a healthy diet. I take a multi just to be safe and vitamin D in addition, just to be safe. Nothing fancy.
I only have ever done the estimated gfr. But regardless, using astragalus increased my estimated gfr 12 points

How much do you take of each, those are good numbers man
Beetroot - Windmill Natural Vitamins brand sold at Bjs-
3/4 scoop Am and 3/4 scoop PM
I am taking about 1/2 scoop more than the recommended dose

Astragalus-Vitamin Shoppe 500mg
I started off using 6 caps Am/ 6 caps PM for several months then lowered it to 4 caps Am/ 4 caps Pm for the past couple of months

Krill Oil- Viva Naturals -just 1 in the morning and 1 at night

Citrus Bergemot- Jarrow brand 1 in the morning on an empty stomach and 1at night on an empty stomach

Curcumin-Smart Nutrition- 1soft gel Am/ 1 soft gel PM

Ubiquinol-Jarrow brand-1 soft gel Am/
1 soft gel PM

Can we get into some kidney support?
That’s what the astragalus is for. Using astragalus improved my numbers, gfr increased 12 points

Beetroot - Windmill Natural Vitamins brand sold at Bjs-
3/4 scoop Am and 3/4 scoop PM
I am taking about 1/2 scoop more than the recommended dose

Astragalus-Vitamin Shoppe 500mg
I started off using 6 caps Am/ 6 caps PM for several months then lowered it to 4 caps Am/ 4 caps Pm for the past couple of months

Krill Oil- Viva Naturals -just 1 in the morning and 1 at night

Citrus Bergemot- Jarrow brand 1 in the morning on an empty stomach and 1at night on an empty stomach

Curcumin-Smart Nutrition- 1soft gel Am/ 1 soft gel PM

Ubiquinol-Jarrow brand-1 soft gel Am/
1 soft gel PM

For the curcumin brand, do you mean smarter nutrition?

Got to try the Beet Root. Turmeric is great for me. Keeps the inflammation down on my old ass.

I only have ever done the estimated gfr. But regardless, using astragalus increased my estimated gfr 12 points
Thats what I thought, getting your actual GFR requires a urine test, I got one once it was not fun, you pee for 24 hours in a jug, my jug wasn't big enough so I had to go out in the middle of the night and find something to store piss lol.

But I definitely don't think using creatinine levels actually predicts gfr very well, so I don't think creatinine getting a tiny bit lower is any proof that the supplement helped your kidneys. If your EGFR improved by 12 points that means your creatinine improved by .1 or .2 which is not significant, it couldn't improve that much because you drank a little more water that day or worked out further away from the blood test. The 2 things I watch for kidney health are creatinine (estimated GFR), make sure it doesn't go above 1.4 or so over time, and make sure there is no protein in my urine.

I think the best thing for kidneys isn't any supplement (I doubt any work) but to drink plenty of water, keep blood pressure in check, and also glucose. I also am of the belief that anavar is specifically very bad for kidneys.

Typo, what I meant to say is the 12 point improvement in EGFR isn't really meaningful and likely happened for some other reason than the supplement. But improving kidney function should definitely be the number one goal of any bodybuilder, I jus wish we had a supplement that actually did work. Once the kidneys are done, we are done. I also think limiting protein intake is a good idea (meaning if you can grow on 230g, eat 230g not 330 and make the other 100g carbs). Although I think the only definitive evidence that high protein can hurt the kidneys long term is in people that already have kidney damage. The question then, what is considered "kidney damage." Any GFR that is below ideal?

Typo, what I meant to say is the 12 point improvement in EGFR isn't really meaningful and likely happened for some other reason than the supplement. But improving kidney function should definitely be the number one goal of any bodybuilder, I jus wish we had a supplement that actually did work. Once the kidneys are done, we are done. I also think limiting protein intake is a good idea (meaning if you can grow on 230g, eat 230g not 330 and make the other 100g carbs). Although I think the only definitive evidence that high protein can hurt the kidneys long term is in people that already have kidney damage. The question then, what is considered "kidney damage." Any GFR that is below ideal?
I do believe the Astragalus has helped. Before starting it my eGFR was 69. My next bloodwork 2 months later it was 76 and then the last bloodwork it was 81. I eat the same,drink the same amount of water and always take 3 days off from the gym before doing bloodwork. An actual GFR test would be ideal if I could get my doctor to do it. I really appreciate your input and you could very well be right. If my eGFR ever does dip back while using astragalus I would definitely agree with you.

Another example of Astragalus helping to increase eGFR. I stopped using astragalus for about 5 weeks prior to my recent bloodwork. My last 2 blood tests had my eGFR at 76 and 81(using astragalus). My egfr from last week using no astragalus was 64. A considerable drop. I went rite back on astragalus after seeing my bloodwork. More proof it really works

My recent lipid bloodwork using krill oil and citrus bergemot. I was 6 weeks in using 500mg/week of Sust for the first 4 weeks and upped it to 750mg for the last 2 weeks prior to bloodwork. Was also using 500mg/week Deca for the whole 6 weeks
815DFF9E-6D9F-46EA-8077-5DE7E1C4E38C.jpeg

All below serve a purpose...but not all need to be done at the same time and not all work unless injects are used.

B12
Curcumin
Resveratrol
Pterostilbene
SOD
HYA
Glutathione
Ursolic Acid
idebenone
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Multi

I'm sure I left out a few.