over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Failure, 5 days in Hospital...

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been around a while back to the old Varix days, Oil-based, Testy, Humanasaurus Rex etc. I don't post that oftern anymore although I tried to be helpful the first few years, you just get burnt out seeing the same questions for ten years. Anyway I have been around.

I am 45, 6'2, 265, trained for twenty five years. Currently using 400mg test, 4iu growth.
Sunday morning 4:30 went to emergency room because it was hard to breathe. Could only breath sitting up, not laying down, classic sign of congestive heart failure. EKG in emergency room abnormal, was diagnosed with congrestive heart failure Blood work came back and 5 measures were above the level indicating heart attack, immediately started on multiple drugs via mouth and I.V. and rushed up to Cardiac Care Unit. Only signs I ever had were high blood pressure when on and water retention.

Echocardiogram done, estimated 15% function on emptying blood, normal is 50to 60%. 15% is heart transplant level. Scheduled TEE test in which tube was inserted in throat and probe inserted for more clear echo cardiogram from the inside. No blockages found, Doc's theory at this point was virus/infection that attacked the heart.

Catheterization done, where the catheter is inserted with dye and they view arteries, heart ,etc. Again no blockages found or any evidence of coronary artery disease. Diagnosis still viral/infection damaged heart muscle.

Cardiac MRI performed. Showed no signs of Angiomyopathy, or damaged muscle, however muscle was extremely weak. Makes viral/infection diagnosis less likely but not ruled out.

Currently no diagnosis of cause other than steriod use.

I have used for ten years going as high as 1.5 grams a week. Have extended my 8 week cycles to six months. Have "bridged". ( what a bs word, it is not a "bridge" it is merely a reduction, doesn't count as time off). Have gotten blood work done but primarily looking for liver damage.

My heart is now worst than a 85 year olds, and I have been put on severe restrictions for 6 weeks, no work, no driving, etc. Prognosis unknown as far as recovery.

Just relaying my story, don't know what to think.

Bout 3 weeks ago I was talking to my friend and he told me that his brother caught a virus on a cruise and had the exact same thing happen to him. The guy never touched a weight in his life. Steroids had nothing to do with this bro. Not that this will make ou feel better other than you can stop blaming yourself. Good luck!!

Brother

Wow. I do not know what to say other then having gone through similar hell, I am here for you dude. If you need me for any advice please ask.

It seems the cause has not been determined as the doctors theory of a virus was disproven for now. Your arteries were clean, no blockages which is a good sign yet the heart muscle itself is the problem. Magnum says steroids did not do this, for now I will disagree. Whether it did or did not, it definetly did not help.

Your post is similar to mine. Our cycles just ended up blending one into the next, a bridge is total bullshit. I know EXACTLY what you are going through right now. The self doubt, the anger, the "why did I do this to myself?" I been there brother,stairing at the ceiling in the hospital just crying.

Trust me, it will be hard but you have to concentrate on whats going to happen now, not what did or what you could have done different. Please brother, talk to all of us, we are here for you man. Let me know if you need to speak to me one on one.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Am I missing something? Where does it say that the Dr disproved the viral theory?

did gear have something to do with it.. maybe.. but, there are quite a few people in their 40's having heart attacks.. most never touched gear.. as i ahve said before.. i have lost two good people at work at a pretty early age.. both active and in good shape.. they never touched gear.. heart attacks..but, until they rule out the virus it is hard to say.. get better.. hopefully you will make a full recovery..

Magnum

Read his post again he said....

"Cardiac MRI performed. Showed no signs of Angiomyopathy, or damaged muscle, however muscle was extremely weak. Makes viral/infection diagnosis less likely but not ruled out.
Currently no diagnosis of cause other than steriod use."

The infection is not ruled out, but it is not a definite anymore.Therefore my statement stands.Just leave it man.

This thread will not become a circus act dude, this guy is suffering right now and he needs our support.That is the intention of his post. Let us please be here for the guy, like you all were for me. He needs us now, he doesnt need the debate.

Read his post again he said....

"Cardiac MRI performed. Showed no signs of Angiomyopathy, or damaged muscle, however muscle was extremely weak. Makes viral/infection diagnosis less likely but not ruled out.
Currently no diagnosis of cause other than steriod use."

The infection is not ruled out, but it is not a definite anymore.Therefore my statement stands.Just leave it man.

This thread will not become a circus act dude, this guy is suffering right now and he needs our support.That is the intention of his post. Let us please be here for the guy, like you all were for me. He needs us now, he doesnt need the debate.

You are the one who said that the virus theory has been "disproven for now". Which appears not to be true. As far as "just leaving it" you have no right to address me that way. I realize that you have been thru your own problems, but this guy is coming on here and obviously wants some feedback and I have given him mine. No one, especially me is attempting to make this into a circus.

Magnum

There is no evidence of damage to the heart muscle or valves, therefore a virus is not likely. His heart is weak, that is a whole other ballgame. Until the virus is proven I know what I think, but in an effort to keep things peaceful here I will not go into it anymore.

You know, the reason this is a VERY touchy subject for me is when I was going through my shit, you know how many little fucking jerkoffs PMed me or openly posted how steroids are not the reason this happened,you can't prove that,your blaming steroids without proof. Whatever man. I am not lumping you in with those guys, because your a well known and respected vet, I personaly have respect for you. But again, this is hitting close to home. Hellaswoles liver,my liver, Heinzes friends heart failure, countless others that we hear about. Health problems can happen to anyone, but whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not, our lifestyle (especially heavy longterm users) it just IS NOT healthy.

As far as me not having the right to address you with "just leave it man" I was referring to causing this exact situation. This bickering will not help our brother here.Besides, I address whoever with whatever since forever. Can we please get back to normalcy.

There is no evidence of damage to the heart muscle or valves, therefore a virus is not likely. His heart is weak, that is a whole other ballgame. Until the virus is proven I know what I think, but in an effort to keep things peaceful here I will not go into it anymore.

You know, the reason this is a VERY touchy subject for me is when I was going through my shit, you know how many little fucking jerkoffs PMed me or openly posted how steroids are not the reason this happened,you can't prove that,your blaming steroids without proof. Whatever man. I am not lumping you in with those guys, because your a well known and respected vet, I personaly have respect for you. But again, this is hitting close to home. Hellaswoles liver,my liver, Heinzes friends heart failure, countless others that we hear about. Health problems can happen to anyone, but whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not, our lifestyle (especially heavy longterm users) it just IS NOT healthy.

As far as me not having the right to address you with "just leave it man" I was referring to causing this exact situation. This bickering will not help our brother here.Besides, I address whoever with whatever since forever. Can we please get back to normalcy.

You have your opinion I have mine, no biggy. As far as "this" particular post regarding this man I do not believe steroids were a likely cause. I have never posted anything about your situation in the past, but I definately agree with you that in your situation steroids had everything to do with your problems.

First pekkerwood Id Like to say Im sorry to hear about your troubles.
I hope the best for you man. Seems to be how life is...One day your perfectly fine...The next day you never know whats in store. That goes for all Humans...not just us.
I agree with Magnum, Dont blame yourself Big fella.

Steroid to blame debate------

Now as far as Steroids being the cause.... Of course Im not a Dr. Or an expert so this is just my opinion. I think they Often get the blame regardless if they were the cause or not.

I worked with a guy that was a healthy guy.... Typical smoker, Fast food cheeseburger type of eating fella...Looked and acted fine and Normal, Had a short fuse and was know for taking No SHIT from anyone. A Drywall Finisher..Just your regular everyday working man.
Didnt make it home from work one day so His Dad (who also worked for us)
Had went to look for him...Long story short he Had just pulled off the side of the road on the way home from the Job and thats were they found him still sitting up dead as a doorknob.
His heart Just quit on him they said.

Im Just saying BAD shit Happens to EVERYONE...EVEN good healthy Normal people...Not Just us.

Heart,Cancer, Stroke Good chance one of these will get us all eventually.
steroids or not.

Good luck!

Very sorry to hear this Bro. I hope you make a complete recovery.
Let me ask you do you have any family history of heart trouble?

Steroids do effect the heart muscle no question bout that, how why and when no one know's because there have been no real studies done. The risk for steriod use and abuse is alway's there.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your situation bro!! I hope that they can figure out what is going on... I am sure I have posted this before, but there is a guy that came in the gym where I train... He was a medical doctor, who was in absolutely GREAT shape... The guy was in his late 40's, ate very healthy, and ran 3-5 miles every morning... Anyway, to make a long story short, the guy and his 13yr old son were going to the gym for a quick workout. They pull into the parking place and the guy immediately put his SUV into park and falls forward onto the steering wheel... The guy died right there in front of his son due to a massive heart attack! Now the guy did not juice, nor did he use rec drugs... And it would be fair to say that the guy lived a pretty healthy lifestyle compared to 95% of the people walking around... Nevertheless, the guy passed away... So the point is, it doesn't matter how clean you live or what you do if it is your time to go, you will go... I see many OVERWEIGHT people walking around eating twinkies and double cheeseburgers while smoking 2-3 packs of cigs a day... And you just know they are gonna kick out any second, but for some reason unknown to me or anyone in the medical field they keep on kicking... It makes you wonder... :confused:

I agree that this is not the place for the debate but rather to help Pekkerwood!

Maybe another thread can be created on ths Steroid issue! As Id def wana throw some shit in the ring on this! Fed up with seeing posts about blaming gear when ppl themselves have been silly in there previous use and then want to blame it on gear, once they have had to deal with an issue they probably helped create by sheer stupidity and silly dosages! NOT AIMED AT ANYONE! But a wider point!

Right now, this dude is going through some shit whch many of us want be able to comprehend so lets create another thread if need be, but allow this one!

Sorry to hear your down P-wood. I send you all the strength I can spare. Believe in yourself, believe in your strength, and believe in your bodies ability to recover.

True, like others said, no matter how healthy you live, shit happends. You're also more likely to be killed driving or by Dick Cheney shooting you in the face while hunting.

That's just life, it's a bitch.

heart failure: BLAME STEROIDS?

I was reading that other post about pekkerwood and his problems and thought it would be a good idea to start another thread where we can debate wheather or not hormones actually cause this kind of thing. I know steroids do effect the heart via cholesterol, but how else? Do steroids really enlarge and weaken the heart muscle?

I just want you to know that my prayers are with you bro!!! As I know alot more guys on here are praying for ya to!!

Yikes

I have been around since the Detn8 board myself and would ask you when is the last time you did any cardio? We all get into the no cardio to gain muscle but cardio is a workout for the heart. Steroids dont weaken muscles but inactivity does. Im starting up cardio again. Do you not get much cardio at the job you do? Can you do cardio now to strengthen the heart muscle? Thanks for the heads up

Thank you all...

Sorry for sporatic checking in but just dont log in that often. Baldnazi: I followed your troubles and our thought patterns seem similar at this time. I may have to take you up on the talk.

One thing a lot of people seem to be missing is the fact the the doctor found zero signs of coronary artery disease or valve problems, thrombosis, etc. If we autopsied several of these healthy people who fell over dead we would typically find a blocked artery, thrombosis, previous scarring, etc. I had none of these. As a matter of fact the doctor told me I did not have to take blood thinners, or worry about fat. He corrected the last one, and said, no more than the normal person. This is not typical of "heart attacks".

My point being that this may in fact be a case where other causes are being quickly eliminated other than anabloic and hgh use and viral. Oddly enough HGH is recommended in the treatment of people short of breath from heart problems! As a side note the virus could have entered my body from injecting underground gear and off brand HGH.

The potential problem is not my use, but possibly my abuse. I never thought of getting an echocardiogram or having my heart enzymes/proteins checked. I only checked for liver problems.

I told one of the cardiologists of my current use and he did not think the test posed a problem. That does not mean my past higher use/stacked did not cause the problem. Also he was unfamiliar with HGH use/abuse. Two of my friends from the gym who are doctors who do not know of my steriod use, it was the first thing they asked upon given my results.

These are not judgemental people, these guys care about me and what happens.

I appreciate the concern and support from each one of you and will try to continue reports to add to our knowledge base.

Pekkerwood

If it's not viral, he's genetically predisposed to heart problems. And if that's the case, he has no business juicing like that.

Just my humble opinion. :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity