over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart failure

dorian123

Registered
Here is a stupid question...last month I suffered heart failure. Ended up surviving...aside from high blood pressure and hemoglobin being a little off. The doctors could not find anything wrong.

I was just finishing up a cycle of 500mg test cyp and 250mg of deca.

Lost 20lbs due to not eating for about a week.

Going to get more blood work done in a couple weeks. If it turns out good would TRT be a stupid move at this point?

going to need way more information than what you have provided.

but as said above - ask your doctor

Agree with everyone else. Ask your doctor. I'm not answering that question.

After my heart attack I was clean, on nothing, for a little over 11 months. I was under the care of my cardiologists, hematologist, and an endocrinologist during that time. I then went on trt through my doctor. I don't recommend you do a thing without consulting a team of doctors like I did. I would really want to avoid black market steroids too, since you have a serious heart condition.

i had heart failure in may and right now i am NYHA stage II-III.
ive dropped to a trt dosage. Right now, using 25mg eod, so close to 90mg weekly
I have high HCT/HB/RBC right now but this is not due to the trt but due to my sleep apnea which got worse due to heart failure and due to
low oxygen saturation due to heart failure / sleep apnea.
last time it was 55%/17.1 and 6,2. (mid of november)
next bloodwork (end of next week) i will include iron and then see if i can get a highr amount of blood drawn

how low was your EF?
When you say they didnt find anything, how do you define heart failure? Their echo should have atleast found a very low EF. High BP and Hema is != heart failure?

**EDIT** - NOT ALLOWED!

Last edited by a moderator:
After my heart attack I was clean, on nothing, for a little over 11 months. I was under the care of my cardiologists, hematologist, and an endocrinologist during that time. I then went on trt through my doctor. I don't recommend you do a thing without consulting a team of doctors like I did. I would really want to avoid black market steroids too, since you have a serious heart condition.
I’ve been on this board a long time and I was waiting for this homie ^^^^ to respond as I always saw him share his experiences with other members. How old are you bro?

I’ve been on this board a long time and I was waiting for this homie ^^^^ to respond as I always saw him share his experiences with other members. How old are you bro?
I'm 52 now. I was 38 when I had the heart attack. So I've been on doc prescribed trt now for about 13 years.

Here is a stupid question...last month I suffered heart failure. Ended up surviving...aside from high blood pressure and hemoglobin being a little off. The doctors could not find anything wrong.

I was just finishing up a cycle of 500mg test cyp and 250mg of deca.

Lost 20lbs due to not eating for about a week.

Going to get more blood work done in a couple weeks. If it turns out good would TRT be a stupid move at this point?

I'd start with 1) talk to your doc and 2) what do you actually mean by "heart failure". Heart failure is really a generally term for a progressive worsening of heart function. In the most simple terms the heart is not capable of pumping adequate blood. It's not so much a "I had heart failure this week" type of thing. Are you suffering from congestive heart failure which is a progressive issue or did you have an acute cardiac event (heart attack, cadiac arrest, etc.) that maybe caused your ejection fraction to quickly be reduced?

TRT is fine as long as it doesn’t increase your hematocrit levels too much.

in heart failure / heart insufficiency, hematocrit will most likely increase on its own due to the hearts inablity to pump oxygenated blood efficiently.
Lower O2 saturation will lead to high RBCs which will lead to higher hemo.
On tuesday i will discuss this topic with my cardiologist because my values are borderline and i would like to have his opinion on it.

Bro, if you've had true heart failure, the only person you should be taking advice from is your medical team that has all your blood work, all your info and has dealt with you during this ordeal. Cardiologist would be your best bet. It's nothing to mess around with

Bro, if you've had true heart failure, the only person you should be taking advice from is your medical team that has all your blood work, all your info and has dealt with you during this ordeal. Cardiologist would be your best bet. It's nothing to mess around with

for me OPs post is quite confusing.
If you have/had heart failure your docs will definitely find something. It is not like you have the cold and 2 days later it's gone
the heart can recovery in some cases and your ejection fraction, which, at the moment of heart failure should be very low, can get up again but we are talking about a timeframe of several months/years and not "last month but now they dont find anything wrong"
im confused

Talk to your doctor about the trt but get yourself ubiquinol, curcumin+bioperine, and pycnogenol asap and start taking all of them twice per day.

Pretty much echo what everyone said - i.e., talk to your Doc. Heart failure is no joke. I would advise you to get medical clearance on 90% of what you put in your body going forward. Stick around a while!

aside from the high blood pressure (which I'm on meds for now) they said there was no reason for this to happen. Everything checked out fine. I will get the blood work done and see what the doctors recommend.

thank you for the responses

in heart failure / heart insufficiency, hematocrit will most likely increase on its own due to the hearts inablity to pump oxygenated blood efficiently.
Lower O2 saturation will lead to high RBCs which will lead to higher hemo.
On tuesday i will discuss this topic with my cardiologist because my values are borderline and i would like to have his opinion on it.
My uncle is a cardiologist. He said watching your hematocrit levels are of they utmost importance now. He said a reputable cardiologist will monitor your levels.

aside from the high blood pressure (which I'm on meds for now) they said there was no reason for this to happen. Everything checked out fine. I will get the blood work done and see what the doctors recommend.

thank you for the responses
can you explain in more detail what happened last month that you classify as "heart failure"?
maybe then we can understand whats going on..
My uncle is a cardiologist. He said watching your hematocrit levels are of they utmost importance now. He said a reputable cardiologist will monitor your levels.
yeah, ive also read it is important. I think that it is critical for me but since i dont have any clotting issues and peletts are low it could be worse, hehe
I hope that the treatment of my sleep apnea helps because i would like to have a better O2 saturation again. When i am walking in the cold outside my forehead and knuckles get purple which indicates that the body tries to safe the oxynated blood for the organs etc (atleast i think that thats what ive read)
The issue is that, in my experience, 95% of the docs are not competent. At least here in germany.
Oftentimes you have to tell them what might be an issue and what might not be an issue.
And oftentimes, they only care about their specific topic (e.g. heart) and do not care about other issues which might be connected to it.

That’s wild. What is the cardiologist opinion?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws