over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HEIGHT FOR WEIGHT CLASSES

huge-inc

Registered
WHAT IS THE GENERAL HEIGHT OF PEOPLE IN LIGHT HEAVY AND HEAVY WEIGHT CLASSESS. AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL ..GENERALY SPEAKING WHAT WOULD THE HEIGHT OF A LIGHT HEAVY RUN 5' 5" - 5' 7".... HEAVY WEIGHT 5' 6" - 5' 8"....I KNOW NOTHING IS SET IN STONE...JUST TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT WEIGHT CLASS (NATIONAL LEVEL) IF YOU ARE 5' 6 1/2"... SEEMS LIKE 5' 6 1/2" IS TO TALL FOR A MIDDLE WEIGHT?

huge-inc said:
WHAT IS THE GENERAL HEIGHT OF PEOPLE IN LIGHT HEAVY AND HEAVY WEIGHT CLASSESS. AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL ..GENERALY SPEAKING WHAT WOULD THE HEIGHT OF A LIGHT HEAVY RUN 5' 5" - 5' 7".... HEAVY WEIGHT 5' 6" - 5' 8"....I KNOW NOTHING IS SET IN STONE...JUST TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT WEIGHT CLASS (NATIONAL LEVEL) IF YOU ARE 5' 6 1/2"... SEEMS LIKE 5' 6 1/2" IS TO TALL FOR A MIDDLE WEIGHT?

id say 5'5 makes a middle
5'7 -5'8 lightheavy
5'9 heavy
over that superheavy.

Height can be deceiving. some distribute weight better than others(balanced). I am 5'6 and am going to be a light-heavy for my show in April. Now, my last show I was a middleweight and the guy from our class won the whole show and was 5'9, 169lbs. I swear, I thought he was a heavyweight...muscle maturity in full affect! Most bb'ers are under 5'9 so I have no clue. 5'6 is working well enough for me!

TH

I think Vander is pretty close-

LHW - 5'7-8" is probably average

HW - 5'9-10"

It's a lot harder to put on muscle for us tall guys, but I wouldn't trade an inch of height with any of you shorties. :D

BigBoyJ said:
It's a lot harder to put on muscle for us tall guys, but I wouldn't trade an inch of height with any of you shorties. :D
i gotta agree and im only 5'9 ahahahaa

Being tall does have its advantages but comparing weights and muscle with others is difficult. I would love to see how I looked with my bodyweight and muscle on a 5'6" frame. I am 5'11" 230 bf is a ?. Oh to be 230 and 5'6". I am competing for the first time in July. I am having a hard time deciding b/w light heavy and heavy. With my bf% I could make Lt. heavy but i was not sure with my height. Thoughts?

T21

TRAPS21 said:
Being tall does have its advantages but comparing weights and muscle with others is difficult. I would love to see how I looked with my bodyweight and muscle on a 5'6" frame. I am 5'11" 230 bf is a ?. Oh to be 230 and 5'6". I am competing for the first time in July. I am having a hard time deciding b/w light heavy and heavy. With my bf% I could make Lt. heavy but i was not sure with my height. Thoughts?

T21

Bro, if you're competing for your first time concentrate on bringing a dialed in package instead of trying to play a size game. Get shredded as all hell, if you look best as a smaller light-heavy, then so be it. It's your first show and you will have plenty of time to make improvements in the future.

huge-inc said:
Here is your answer. in the Light heavy and heavy classes, the average is 5'7". How do I know ? Few years back heights were published along with
contest weights at the NPC Nationals. When I got home I sat down at the calculator and did all the arithematic.

Bodybuilding is definetly a short man's sport. I did Southern States in
2002 and last year, 2004, both times, at 5'9" I towered over every single
other competitor in my class! Every one!

An old pro friend of mine, Jeff Poulin, told me years ago you need 10lbs of muscle mass for each difference in height over other competitors. Hence
if you are 5 9" at 200 lbs, and "Mr. Shortguy" is 5'7 also 200lbs, you will
be demolished on stage assuming reasonably good condition on both parties.
Hence to say, you would have to be 220 lbs to compete effectively
with "Mr Shortguy"

Worldspan

Thanks BCC. That is what I plan and I will let weight fall where it may

T21

There are plenty of BBers that are tall. They just have the mass to go along with it. Atwood, Gunter, etc. This is definately the first time in my life that I wished I was shorter. Oh well, go with what was given to you and make the best of it

well whats funny is, im 6'1, but I only have a 30in enseam, so I have a very long torso but short stubby legs, so my legs are actually pretty good size for my height and I was blessed with naturally big calves.

Well...I agree

I agree I'm a 5'8 middleweight & was the tallest in MY class when I competed

Jarconis said:
well whats funny is, im 6'1, but I only have a 30in enseam,

Holy shit man! :eek:

I am the same height and I thought my legs were short with a 32-34'' Inseem. :confused:

guys are getting bigger and bigger

I'd say for today's standards:

5'2"-5'3"=lightweight
5'4"-5'5"=middleweight
5'6"-5'7"=lightheavy
5'8"-5'9"=heavys
over 5'10"=supers

But you'll alway have those freaks who are 2-3 inches shorter then the rest of the class. Those guys usually end up winning due to being so damn thick! Here in Cali, i'm noticing that guys that were competing as middleweights have gone up to the lightheavys. sucks for me. I'm 5'8" and now feel too tall to compete as a lightheavy. Gotta take some time off to grow!

TONE said:
Holy shit man! :eek:

I am the same height and I thought my legs were short with a 32-34'' Inseem. :confused:

Yes, I look like a disporportioned oompa loompa :(

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75