over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me get off TRT

FuriousAngus

Registered
I've been on TRT since 2016 self prescribed). I never had low T issues, but got on gear in 2012 and was (still am) terrified of getting off in fear of low T symptoms and losing gains/getting fat in the process. I finally feel that I'm over it now but I don't know how to get off (rather, if cold turkey is the right answer).

It's been 13 days since my last jab and I feel fine so far, but if there is a way of minimizing risk (or discomfort if any should arise) I'd love to hear you guys out. Any help is appreciated!

I've been on TRT since 2016 self prescribed). I never had low T issues, but got on gear in 2012 and was (still am) terrified of getting off in fear of low T symptoms and losing gains/getting fat in the process. I finally feel that I'm over it now but I don't know how to get off (rather, if cold turkey is the right answer).

It's been 13 days since my last jab and I feel fine so far, but if there is a way of minimizing risk (or discomfort if any should arise) I'd love to hear you guys out. Any help is appreciated!
Just come off I do it several times a year. Iv found the only way to quit anything is cold turkey. Iv quit a lot of things. Drinking, smoking weed, other rec drugs, bad girls, bad jobs. Just make your mind up and quit. Coming off testosterone is no different. Man up and stop. It will not be fun for a few months but so as life is you’ll live and move on. If you’re scared of it or what it’s doing to you you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place. I wasn’t even going to answer this post but it seems your can’t figure out the obvious on your own so I’ll give you a kick in the ass in the right direction for your own good. Keep training hard and eating right and you’ll be fine man. If you’re not doing those things there is no hope for you anyway so do what you’re going to do. You’ll figure it out or you won’t. Use your brain. Think with it and you won’t have to ask questions that are common sense to most of us already. ☮️

Just come off I do it several times a year. Iv found the only way to quit anything is cold turkey. Iv quit a lot of things. Drinking, smoking weed, other rec drugs, bad girls, bad jobs. Just make your mind up and quit. Coming off testosterone is no different. Man up and stop. It will not be fun for a few months but so as life is you’ll live and move on. If you’re scared of it or what it’s doing to you you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place. I wasn’t even going to answer this post but it seems your can’t figure out the obvious on your own so I’ll give you a kick in the ass in the right direction for your own good. Keep training hard and eating right and you’ll be fine man. If you’re not doing those things there is no hope for you anyway so do what you’re going to do. You’ll figure it out or you won’t. Use your brain. Think with it and you won’t have to ask questions that are common sense to most of us already. ☮️
Very well said I can relate

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. But I have already decided to come off, I'm just looking for the best and more efficient way to do so.

Does Clomid help? HCG? Does it not? Stop pinning and just wait? That sort of thing.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. But I have already decided to come off, I'm just looking for the best and more efficient way to do so.

Does Clomid help? HCG? Does it not? Stop pinning and just wait? That sort of thing.
Shouldn't be a big drop if you are really on TRT. TRT is only 100 to 200 mg a week too. Whatever keeps you within normal levels that is. Lots misinterpret what TRT is.

A few years back, I came off after several years of TRT in order to get my wife pregnant. A 6 week clomid run put me in the middle of normal range and I felt fine besides slightly decreased strength and massively decreased pumps in the gym.

Shouldn't be a big drop if you are really on TRT. TRT is only 100 to 200 mg a week too. Whatever keeps you within normal levels that is. Lots misinterpret what TRT is.
My TRT has been around 120/wk (sometimes a bit more but never over 150/wk). It keeps me around 700.

A few years back, I came off after several years of TRT in order to get my wife pregnant. A 6 week clomid run put me in the middle of normal range and I felt fine besides slightly decreased strength and massively decreased pumps in the gym.
How long did you stay off and did you get tested before hopping on again?

How long did you stay off and did you get tested before hopping on again?

I stayed off for 4 or 5 months because I was Recovering from a pec tear. I used the time to detox, reset the receptors and clean my body out since I wasn't really training anyways.
Yes. I get bloodwork every other month always. Test levels returned to low-mid normal range quickly after the clomid and stayed there until I hopped back on the test.
Everyone will respond differently. I'm a bit of a hyper-responder. My test levels rise to >1500 on just 200mg/ week.

My TRT has been around 120/wk (sometimes a bit more but never over 150/wk). It keeps me around 700.
Why would you want to come off then? That is a good number.

Why would you want to come off then? That is a good number.
It is. I'm 34 and honestly I never had low T in my life. I just happened to stay on TRT after my first blast. If I can be around the 500 range naturally I'd rather do that than TRT (also plan to have children in the near future). So I'm looking for the easiest and most efficient way to restart my system again

Here is a thread I made about fertility which really you have similar goals as I did. I was actually hoping to recoup my test levels enough to even see if I could stay off for longer...didn't happen for me.

You probably missed your window to do it in the easiest manner because ideally you would have been taking HCG the last several months (or at least weeks) to bring your testicles back "on line", so to speak while reducing the test dose and then switching over to clomid. That would have sort of been ideal world as when you stop cold turkey it's going to take a minute for the ignition to turn on, especially if you have significant testicular atrophy.

I lot of people come off and say "cold turkey" (no disrespect, I get it) but if you are talking about coming off long term it is really helpful to have some aids to bring you back to fully functioning. If you want to see someone cold turkey it you should check out pete rubish on youtube he's been off like 1.5 years now I think and did it cold turkey. It's been a struggle and his levels have been very low. It's not that it has to happen that way with you, of course.

If I were you I'd honestly probably take HCG for 4-6 weeks and then merge over to clomid to help speed things up.

Everyone recovers differently. For me, when I'd come off and waited even 6 months my levels are sub 100.

I've probably written this many times on this board. I went off several times for years at a time. I went off for a 1.5, 3 and 10 year stints. Each time it took a while but eventually recovered well into normal range. Last time I went off for ~4 months I recovered into mid 500s by 16 weeks. Sometimes it can take up to a year to fully recover. It all depends on circumstances. What probably helped is my mindset that I started to view the whole AAS scene as greasy kids stuff. That's what kept me off for 10 years. I didn't look enhanced but I held onto probably 15-20 lbs of muscle compared to when I started AAS. Some people never bounce back and some people do. thre are many fctors but I wont go into it here. Yes PCT helps but thre is a lag when PCT stops. Overall, in my experience, it is smoother than without PCT. Just be prepared for the lag and don't panic. If PCT works that means that your HPTA parts are working to some level.

PCT
-1 hCG 1500 iu MWF
1-3 hCG 1000, 750, 500 iu (progressing downward every week) MWF
2-5 Clomid 50 mg/d

At 60 years of age this got me to mid 400s before dropping the PCT. then there is a lag. Eventually returning to 500-600 ng/dL at 16 weeks off. Like I said, there is a lag of some weeks as the body finds its balance.

I've probably written this many times on this board. I went off several times for years at a time. I went off for a 1.5, 3 and 10 year stints. Each time it took a while but eventually recovered well into normal range. Last time I went off for ~4 months I recovered into mid 500s by 16 weeks. Sometimes it can take up to a year to fully recover. It all depends on circumstances. What probably helped is my mindset that I started to view the whole AAS scene as greasy kids stuff. That's what kept me off for 10 years. I didn't look enhanced but I held onto probably 15-20 lbs of muscle compared to when I started AAS. Some people never bounce back and some people do. thre are many fctors but I wont go into it here. Yes PCT helps but thre is a lag when PCT stops. Overall, in my experience, it is smoother than without PCT. Just be prepared for the lag and don't panic. If PCT works that means that your HPTA parts are working to some level.

PCT
-1 hCG 1500 iu MWF
2-5 Clomid 50 mg/d

At 60 years of age this got me to mid 400s before dropping the PCT. then there is a lag. Eventually returning to 500-600 ng/dL at 16 weeks off. Like I said, there is a lag of some weeks as the body finds its balance.
this is great advice

Here is a thread I made about fertility which really you have similar goals as I did. I was actually hoping to recoup my test levels enough to even see if I could stay off for longer...didn't happen for me.

You probably missed your window to do it in the easiest manner because ideally you would have been taking HCG the last several months (or at least weeks) to bring your testicles back "on line", so to speak while reducing the test dose and then switching over to clomid. That would have sort of been ideal world as when you stop cold turkey it's going to take a minute for the ignition to turn on, especially if you have significant testicular atrophy.

I lot of people come off and say "cold turkey" (no disrespect, I get it) but if you are talking about coming off long term it is really helpful to have some aids to bring you back to fully functioning. If you want to see someone cold turkey it you should check out pete rubish on youtube he's been off like 1.5 years now I think and did it cold turkey. It's been a struggle and his levels have been very low. It's not that it has to happen that way with you, of course.

If I were you I'd honestly probably take HCG for 4-6 weeks and then merge over to clomid to help speed things up.

Everyone recovers differently. For me, when I'd come off and waited even 6 months my levels are sub 100.
This sounds like a good plan, I can hope on TRT again and start HCG then start the process allover. I'm not in a massive hurry. Do I continue the HCG alongside the clomid or stop it? I have pharma clomid at 50mg, so EoD? Congrats on the baby! This is such a helpful thread! Thank you so much

PCT
-1 hCG 1500 iu MWF
2-5 Clomid 50 mg/d

Lots of great info in here, very much in line with what Flex said too. Thanks a lot mate! This is also very encouraging

This sounds like a good plan, I can hope on TRT again and start HCG then start the process allover. I'm not in a massive hurry. Do I continue the HCG alongside the clomid or stop it? I have pharma clomid at 50mg, so EoD? Congrats on the baby! This is such a helpful thread! Thank you so much

I don't even think I'd hop on trt again if you are off I'd just add the HCG and it should really bring back your testicles quickly. The other option is, if you were taking a long ester you still have some in you so you could do a very low dose of trt (like 10-12mgs a day) with HCG.

Have you had a fertility test? Coming off may not be needed.

I have a 1 year old daughter and my sperm parameters were in normal range on TRT.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131