over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help training figure competitor

big nasty

Registered
Hello ladies... I've recently taken on the challenge of training a figure competitor. I've been personal training for roughly 3 yrs and have helped many athletes male and female for a variety of reasons and goals but never a figure competitor. She's 42 years young and has been competing for several years but never captured the "complete" look she is after. IMO she has done quite well but most of my dieting and training experience is related to bodybuilding and some fitness. I would really appreciate advice in guiding her. We've decided that from now until February is time to bring up her weak points (quads, upperback, shoulders, and arms) and her dieting for 2007 shows will begin after that. She is too embarassed too let me post a pic and I'm not sure what other info to offer in order to receive proper advice. Any and all suggestions for diet, weight training, and cardio are welcome. Thank you.

-bn

What did/does she do for:
-diet
-training
-cardio

What are her stats?

What does she define as the "complete" look? :) I know I always want to improve.

Personally I trained and dieted the same when I did my bbing show and when I switched to figure. (Maybe I didn't do the bbing right! Lol!)

How far out does she start her prep?

Please post her current diet, cardio, stats and you could always put a big smiley face over her head:)

I agree about posting a pic. It's hard to guide this person w/o seeing her physique first hand.

I agree with you all 100% but she is a bit shy. I will post everything else tonight after I meet with her tonight for the initial evaluation of diet and workouts. I will work on the pics but no promises. Thank you.

big nasty said:
I agree with you all 100% but she is a bit shy. I will post everything else tonight after I meet with her tonight for the initial evaluation of diet and workouts. I will work on the pics but no promises. Thank you.

Why not just post a pic from the neck down? Dont need a head shot imo

Sorry for the delay but our meeting was postponed... I have her competition diet that she follows including the last week and day of competition. She is 5'8" 147lbs currently and usually steps on stage at 135-138lbs.

Her "off season" diet is irratic(sp?) at best. The only rule she follows is trying to get in 100-120 grams of protein per day. She doesn't always eat the same amount of meals per day and doesn't spread out her protein between meals(she may have half of her daily protein in one day). I won't write out her current diet because it would be a waste so advice in that area would be huge.

She usually trains 6 days a week doing one bodypart per day followed by anywhere from 30-60 minutes of cardio.

Competition diet:
7am: 1/3 cup dry oatmeal with 2tblsp ground flaxseed, 1tblsp bee pollen and wheat germ, 6 egg whites, 1 cup green tea, 1 liter water

9:30am: 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup raw veggies, 500ml water

12pm: 1 1/2 cups mixed greens, 1 cup tuna, green tea, 500ml water

2:30pm: 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup raw veggies, 500ml water

Dinner: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup steamed green veggies, 6oz white fish, 500ml

HELP! If this were a bodybuilder I would know how to fix this but like I said she is strictly figure...

Also she is giving me pics and I will post them as soon as I have more time.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity