over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with why I retain water.

Test-o-lean

Registered
I usually try to research on my own and figure things out without asking for help. I'm posting this to try to get some opinions/advice from some folks more on point than me.

34yrs
5'11
228lbs yesterday at the gym
BF% ~10%

I retain a large amount of sub-q water/fluid no matter what I do. Mainly in my abdomen area. I'm wanting to know if there is an underlying reason behind this that I may be missing. My diet is good. It's not pre-contest, but its good. The only foods I eat thru the day are mainly whole food meals that consist of red meat, chicken, fish, new potatoes, white & brown rice, oats, protein and Karbolyn. I typically eat 5-6 meals a day consisting of the above foods. I do not put salt on anything. I actually use a salt substitute if I need the flavor.

When I go to bed at night I have full muscles, but I'm very flat. Very smooth. I have a small snack everynight around 2am. I wake up in the morning very defined. More dry with a very decent set of off season abs clearly visible. I do fasted cardio and eat my first meal and within a couple ours, my abs are gone.

My weight fluctuates an insane amount due to the amount of water I hold. Test Enth and Test cyp bloat me. Test prop, not as bad but still bloats me even with adex everyday. This is not a new thing. I've been a water tank for years. I've just dealt with it.

I ran out of my daily BP meds last week. It's a 20mg Lisinopril. My wife has a script for a 10mg Lisinopril/10mg HTCZ combo. I took her pills for 2 days and it pulled almost 5lbs of water off me......in 48hrs with no change to diet, PED's, training, or anything else.

I'm well aware that diuretics are bad for us. I do not have any desire to take them on a regular basis. But what the hell is causing me to hold the amount of water that I do? Even on a Prop/Mast cycle with Adex, I'm still bloated.

The only time that my body didn't hold as much water was a few years ago when I did a very low carb diet. What's odd is that my salt intake at the time was alot higher than usual due to the foods i was eating.

Any advice? Suggestions? I realize I can't walk around super dry all the time, but there has to be something that I am overlooking or doing wrong. There has to be a happy medium.

My first reaction is -diet. Are you eating any sugars at all throughout the day and how much carb are you taking in?
Also what dosages of test cyp/ enanthate were you running?

Last edited:
You know I have this problem on work days. I work 4 on 4 of 12 hour shifts. Within 2 days of finishing work my waist is down 1.5 inches muscles more full. Diet exactly the same work days too of days. I find if I hit cardio before work on nights its much less of an issue. On my days of I can sit on my ass all day and the bloat is still gone in 2 days. I'd love to find a solution. Test abs gh has never made a difference. On my days of I debloat lovely whatever in running. Work days I'll bloat, even when I was a natural

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
How many injection are you taking per week ? Try injecting more times a week with the same total amount of gear . It makes a big difference.

I also bloat on anything over TRT dosage, regardless of compounds. I was severely bloated last winter on tren. Also run a very clean diet. Actually I am currently dairy free and gluten free.

I find the bloating starts around mid afternoon once I get into my pre/intra/post nutrtion. It progressive gets worse throughout the night. By my morning I'm lean again and stay this way until the afternoon when the cycle repeats.

Writing this now I figure it must be the powders. I'm using hbcd and hydrolyzed casien. But the bloating was no better when I was just using whey iso / corn flakes post workout.

I do not take in any sugars as far as candy, soda, processed food, etc.... Yes, ocassionally I may have something off my normal diet, but this is not a daily or weekly thing. My water retention issues have been going on since 2002ish. What is crazy is even as I type this, I literally have road maps of veins on my quads and even some veins visible in my lower waist and on my inner lats when i stretch.

My test dosage varies all the time as I always change up stuff. I try to stay on Prop more often though as it seems to bloat me less and i don't have to take as much Adex. Right now I'm running 250mgs-Test Cyp, 50mgs Tren Ace, 50mgs Test prop X three times a week.

I'm made a few carb source tweaks in my diet over the last couple weeks, but last time i had it down on paper i was taking in ~330 carbs a day.

Is it always or some days are worst?

It sounds a little crazy, but a full moon bloats many people.

I'm the same, no matter what i bloat from anything that converts to estro or progestro...:( masteron and hctz helps though

I do not take in any sugars as far as candy, soda, processed food, etc.... Yes, ocassionally I may have something off my normal diet, but this is not a daily or weekly thing. My water retention issues have been going on since 2002ish. What is crazy is even as I type this, I literally have road maps of veins on my quads and even some veins visible in my lower waist and on my inner lats when i stretch.

My test dosage varies all the time as I always change up stuff. I try to stay on Prop more often though as it seems to bloat me less and i don't have to take as much Adex. Right now I'm running 250mgs-Test Cyp, 50mgs Tren Ace, 50mgs Test prop X three times a week.

I'm made a few carb source tweaks in my diet over the last couple weeks, but last time i had it down on paper i was taking in ~330 carbs a day.

Are you taking 3 x 250mg per week=750mg 3x50mg prop=150mg and 3x50mg ter=150mg ?

Sound like you my suffer from the rare disease called abdominal hydroceptical. Your doctor can order specific test to rule this out.

Sound like you my suffer from the rare disease called abdominal hydroceptical. Your doctor can order specific test to rule this out.

btw just fucking with yea. :D the only thing left to consider is water intake, electrolytes, possible boating washing out cuts, other hormones ADH and aldosterone. kidney issues, etc...

may have to get some blood work.

It might be the test bro, I am on the same fucking boat as you are... Testosterone always makes me bloated, anything more than 150mg, for me, i notice the bloat in my face the most

that's why I have been doing 100 Tren Ace, and 50mg of test for my hrt... my cycles are all test tren and sometimes var and gh

could be completely unrelated to aas

try dropping the test completely for a few weeks to see how it changes

personally i've been having digestive problems/constipation that has led to my stomach retaining lots of water

also getting weird water retention in the area around my jaw/cheeks/lymph nodes which i think is either from the constipation or the fact that my molar teeth are infected

thyroid issues, mineral/electrolyte imbalances (maybe not enough potassium),
lots of things could be causing it

Your outbound test level must be very high out of range, your body is trying to balance the testosterone estrogen ratio. And I think that your free test is under 200. You need to lower your outbound and increase your free (inbound) by doing that your estrogen level will drop on his own with out any inhibitors.

This just happened recently to me as well. While i resorted to pounding adex for a few days...it wasn't dealing with the water retention as i expected. For what it's worth, i slammed about five powerades throughout the day with my daily water intake and my water retention has finally subsided.

Cheers

Your outbound test level must be very high out of range, your body is trying to balance the testosterone estrogen ratio. And I think that your free test is under 200. You need to lower your outbound and increase your free (inbound) by doing that your estrogen level will drop on his own with out any inhibitors.

Ok, you've got me interested here. A free test of 200 would be considered low, even by normal standards correct?

Lowering outbound = reducing the weekly dose, correct? And when I do this the inbound is just going to rise on it it's own? I just need to make sure I'm following you on this. I'll go get some labs done and see where total and free are at.

If this is the case, would taking a higher than normal dose of AI's for say 36-48 hours not temporarily reduce the bloat as well as increase sex drive?

This just happened recently to me as well. While i resorted to pounding adex for a few days...it wasn't dealing with the water retention as i expected. For what it's worth, i slammed about five powerades throughout the day with my daily water intake and my water retention has finally subsided.

Cheers

5 powerades is equal to roughly 175 additional carbs (sugar) in your diet. Are you saying you did this for just one day, or consecutive days? You are chalking your bloat up to an electrolyte deficiency? Interesting results for sure.

I have the same problem. I retain water very bad. Hell I can change weight by 10 pounds in one day if I eat a bad meal. I am also like, you that the only thing that seems to somewhat help is eating VERY little to no carbs at all.

And , I bloat no matter what dosages I am on. Hell I am currently cruising on 100Test E/100 Mast E and I am bloated as hell.

One thing I have noticed is I am a lot leaner in the mornings after say i go out and have a few cocktails. Yes I know alcohol dehydrates you which is probably the reason why I see my abs better the next morning.

My mother also retains water really bad.

It sucks because if I could figure out what causes me to retain water and get it under control I would lose about 10 pounds of water and look completely different.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear