over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH for ligament repair

smashey

Registered
short version:

bad news - I was in Cali training some people in BJJ and got a level 2 strain (partial tear) to my LCL (outside knee ligament). Not terrible, no surgery, just no running til about Aug.

good news - I already have 400IU sitting in my fridge - 200 days of 2IU per. I have seen different articles about HGH improving healing time for ligaments.

I am just curious if anyone has any info on this subject - to include direct injection at the site of the injury, or what. I'm definitely going to play this safe, but I want the best environment for healing.

pakololo

Newbies
This would be an interesting thread. Would love to hear some feedback too.

ericraven2003

Registered
I think it is alot of hearsay on healing ligaments. I love GH, but it is not a heal all.

smashey

Registered
I know it isn't - but I found an interesting article about the head doc for the Steelers touting its use for ligament repair - but for some reason the NFL focused on the whole "illegal substance being used on pro athletes" ;)

Some articles say it helps strengthen and repair, others don't, I was just wondering what people had found over the years.

ericraven2003

Registered
I know it isn't - but I found an interesting article about the head doc for the Steelers touting its use for ligament repair - but for some reason the NFL focused on the whole "illegal substance being used on pro athletes" ;)

Some articles say it helps strengthen and repair, others don't, I was just wondering what people had found over the years.
I have been on for almost two years, and still have injuries from years back.

hemipower

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It takes higher doses of GH for healing effect as IGF levels must get pretty high...2iu is sufficient for older people to get youth effects and most everyone to lose bodyfat and feel better...
of course you could take IGF-1 directly.

Plenty of reading here on the subject...

callgolf

Registered
You need to localize the injections to get the effect. You can't go systemic and expect to get a localized effect. I have been injecting GH interarticularly and it has been working well

juicin

Registered
i think Dat said to use IGF for ligament repair, shot locally - as callgolf said

never tried this myself

smashey

Registered
The localized injections vibes with what I've found through looking around. So what - keep at 2IU subcutaneously like normal but add 1IU directly to the site of the injury?

nickels

Registered
I thought even lower doses of gh increased collagen synthesis, as long as it was run for a longer period, i.e. 6+ months.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Bodybuider215