over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Homade shakes

markl

Newbies
Does anyone here make there own shakes. I started making my own around a couple months ago due to a lot of gas and cramping from the other powders. The shakes consist of 2 cups 2% milk, 1 yougurt, 1 banana, and 1 large scoop of peanut butter. Just looking for different ideas to change it up a bit.

Does anyone here make there own shakes. I started making my own around a couple months ago due to a lot of gas and cramping from the other powders. The shakes consist of 2 cups 2% milk, 1 yougurt, 1 banana, and 1 large scoop of peanut butter. Just looking for different ideas to change it up a bit.

I personally don't like that shake, because I want to stay lean. If I was to use it, I would substitue 2% milk for 1 scoop whey, 1 cup of non fat milk. I wouldn't put too big of a scoop of peanut butter(maybe 2 tbls.) Personally I would probally put olive oil instead. Of course There is LBAS, which could be used.:rolleyes:

This is my shake, 2 scoops of whey, 1 tbls. of olive oil, 1 cup of blueberries.:)

The best thing i invested in (besides lba's was :) ) was and is jell-o pudding mixes. The sugar free instant kind. You can add strawberry flavor, milk, bannanas, lba's or chocolate,milk,peanut butter, lba's and the list goes on. It is by far the best imo.

5 TBS LBA, 1 TBS coconut oil, 2 cups non fat milk, 5 ice cubes 1/2 bananna, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

Phil if I make my shake at the gym it would still considered homade shake or would be considered gymshake?

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie:
LBAs, 2 cups skim milk, 1 egg white, 2 tbls natty peanut butter; cinnamon, pumkin pie spice, and nutmeg to taste, 4 ice cubes.

My tropical version (like phils alomost):
LBAs (vanilla), 1/2 large banana, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 4 ice cubes, 3/4 cup skim milk -or- egg whites, 1 tbls coconut oil

Note: sometimes this shake will upset people's tum. I like it, though.

Peanut Butter Banana:
LBAs (chocolate), 2 tbls natty peanut butter, 4 ice cubes, 1 cup skim milk, 1 egg white, 1-2 large banana

These shakes might not be perfect macro/nutrient/calorie wise, but they'll do the job if youre mixing things up. Enjoy.

1 medium-large banana
1/2 cup sugar free vanilla frozen yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 pineapple juice
1 scoop whey(I prefer unflavored for this shake, but you could use any flavor I would imagine :))
Blend together, and drink up

BAM, I guarantee you this will be one of the best shakes youve ever tasted (Providing you like bananas, pineapple, milk, etc. haha :))

Last edited:
Shake or Stir

5 TBS LBA, 1 TBS coconut oil, 2 cups non fat milk, 5 ice cubes 1/2 bananna, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

I assume this shake is made with a blender, do you blend all of the ingredients minus the LBA's, once the drink is blended do you then stir in the LBA's?

I assume this shake is made with a blender, do you blend all of the ingredients minus the LBA's, once the drink is blended do you then stir in the LBA's?

Just blend it all together, I would assume..

I blend my own and my base is Synthepure Isolate

Yes

Sorry......add LBAs last........you should not bleds them, just shake them gently........like GH kinda.........to those guys that do that stuff.

Sorry......add LBAs last........you should not bleds them, just shake them gently........like GH kinda.........to those guys that do that stuff.

Why not blend them in as well?
What difference would it make?

Simple.

Mine is very simple and effective, approximately 24 oz. of gatorade whatever flavor, then just ad two scoops of vanilla whey, shake until mixed and done.

Not to be a complete and utter idiot but what exactly are LBAs?:confused:

Mine is very simple and effective, approximately 24 oz. of gatorade whatever flavor, then just ad two scoops of vanilla whey, shake until mixed and done.

Not to be a complete and utter idiot but what exactly are LBAs?:confused:

Liquid beef aminos.
Dont worry, your not an idiot, i didnt know what they were until like a month ago ahah. They are made by AAEFX. They are basically the amino acids of beef, in a glycerin base. Ive been having some great results with them so far, plus the taste is pretty good.

Liquid beef aminos.
Dont worry, your not an idiot, i didnt know what they were until like a month ago ahah. They are made by AAEFX. They are basically the amino acids of beef, in a glycerin base. Ive been having some great results with them so far, plus the taste is pretty good.

Thanks Natabolic.....take it the glycerin base helps with absorption?
Will have to check them out, used to be up on everything but havnt been focusing on BB for about five years.
Speaking of beef, might be time for a bit o tenderloin.:D

Will have to check them out, used to be up on everything but havnt been focusing on BB for about five years.

Don't let me speak for Phil, but glycerol won't help the uptake of the amino's necessarily (won't even raise blood sugars) it is more of a dehydration/hydration effect that is so great about it. This results is the 'pumped' feeling or look people get when using them.

It also gives the LBA's the syrupy sweet taste since it's a viscous sugar alcohol.

But the beef amino's are the most important part.

Last edited:
I make varies combinations using yogurt, fruit, natural peanut butter, and cottage cheese and green foods.

Besides the POSSIBLILLITY of it helping to shuttle amino acids to the muscle cells, if found it helps give you insane pumps in the gym. :) You lean out quite a bit while on them too, ive found. Lean out as in drop water, not bodyfat. although, id imagine, with a calorie defict, youd drop bodyfat with the help of them even easier :)

Don't let me speak for Phil, but glycerol won't help the uptake of the amino's necessarily (won't even raise blood sugars) it is more of a dehydration/hydration effect that is so great about it. This results is the 'pumped' feeling or look people get when using them.

It also gives the LBA's the syrupy sweet taste since it's a viscous sugar alcohol.

But the beef amino's are the most important part.

Bump what he said. Thats basically it :) Amazing product. One of the best things to invest in hands down :)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner